BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Down, But Not Out

The horror of all horrors happened last Friday night for me. I was out cruising around Waikiki when I tried to park my car in a parking stall in an underground garage. In my haste and lack of clear judgement I scraped my right passenger side door just right after the mirror and before the door handle (thank God!) and dented the lowest body line before the rocker panel and the scratched up the bottom rocker panel pretty bad. Called BMW first thing in the morning as I already had a schedule oil change (sticking to the old M schedule for me ) and called up Central Body & Paint in Aiea. Drove down there on my birthday (what a crummy way to spend it) and got an estimate for $1600+ so could be worse, but still a bit. Should get my 1er in a week. I'd post pics, but its too gruesome and I don't think wounded 1ers should be exposed, its bad juju. Will post pics of it repaired ASAP. For now I am carless and sad. I miss my baby and its only been 5 hours now. This is going to be one long week.
On the plus side I can start drinking again now that I don't have to worry about drinking for a while :thumbup::drinking:
      01-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Good luck with the repair!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #3
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Sorry guys, I totally forgot to post that the car is back now from the body shop, have had it over a week now. The first day I had it back it was like falling in love all over again. I totally missed my car though it was only gone for 4 days. They definitely did an awesome job. Will post pics, but after tomorrow as I purchased the BMW Performance carbon fiber spoiler and am having it installed tomorrow. Sometime down the line I will opt for the BMW Performance exhaust and carbon fiber rear diffuser to match it. Still debating with that on whether I will do so pre or post deployment. Will post photos in a few days.