BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
DaveSakky135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Montego Blue

Dealership Problem.

So i brought my car to the dealership the other day to get a coolant flush and a turn signal bulb replacement and for some weird idle issues i have been having. Bring the car in with a quarter tank and when i go to pick up its left with lines showing under 0 miles left.

I Ask my SA what the deal is and he says there is a gas station half a mile dow and i should make it. Well i didn't and my car ran out of gas. I then have to have someone drive me to get gas, fill the car, and bring it back to the dealer because it is in limp mode and now has a cel.

I take the rental car back to work and go to try and pick my car up again 2 days later. This time I'm backing my car out and all of a sudden a warning light for my adaptive head lights come on and my left low beam is out.

At this point i am pissed so i open the hood and both headlight covers are open and unclipped up front. Essentially meaning that my car was outside like this during a recent snowstorm from the day before.

Now the dealership is trying to tell me that because i have Angel Eyes this is what caused the problem, not the fact that some tech forgot to close my headlight caps. What should i do? My car is out of warranty and i know for a fact those caps where sealed as i got the special order caps from alpine and just recently cleaned by engine bay before service.

Also my first attempt to get my car back with the low gas had no light for adaptive steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
sucks...but so does BMW service and factory warranty. I have had only horrible experiences with taking my car to BMW with the exception of the free snacks and delicious coffee in the waiting room.
      02-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Similar experiences with the dealer in my town. They define incompetence.
Appreciate 0