BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

You could sell it for 10K under MSRP. It sounds like this car is bad luck and I'll help a brother out...
      02-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangledlftthumb View Post
Last November, I had the car (the 128i) in the garage to do the summer to winter tire change-over. The car was in neutral without the emergency brake on but, with the wheels blocked. After finishing the last wheel, I walked around the car to remove the blocks. I took the last block off of the front driver's side and walked to the other side of the garage to pile the block with the rest of them. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my car rolling out the garage. My driveway has a decent slope to the street & on the opposite side of the street, is my neighbour's van. So, I run after the car and I'll I could think of to do was grab at the hood. The car keep going, nudging the curb of the driveway and as I held on, the tire ran over the side of my foot. The car reaches the street with yours truly pulling on the hood. The street is higher in the middle & I guess the run in with the curb on my driveway & my pulling slowed the car so that it didn't have enough inertia to make it across the street. The car rolled back towards my house and the whole thing was over. No damage to the car. Sore foot for me & chuckle at my stupid luck.
This was exciting to visualize! I'd call this a story. As long as nothing happens to anyone the rest is fixable.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Coupe VO!

I am really sorry to hear this but as the others pointed out it could've been much worse. Thank god the door only wrapped. I had my first ding at 4 days from owning the car the underground parking in my building has a very awkward angle of ascent and the ground is not 100% leveled. When i came home last night the bottom lip scraped the landing of the ramp it just scraped the clear coat with light scratches. I know it is nothing compared to what you experienced. The 1M will be in good condition in no time! hope you feel emotionally better too.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
You could sell it for 10K under MSRP. It sounds like this car is bad luck and I'll help a brother out...
LOL, nice!

Thanks for all the consolations. The most annoying part will be going without the car while repairs are made.

I plan to track the car, so non-structural bodywork is unlikely to have any long term effect on its value anyway. I have a good reference for a body shop that does a great job painting, which is what I am most concerned about on the repair. I am hoping it will only be the door skin.
Appreciate 0