BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

10-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
1ForAllFor1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Question 1 Series Losing Some Steam? Opinions?

Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoy visiting this place, but I'm just wondering, does anyone else feel like the 1 series love might be dropping off just a TAD lately?

Maybe it's the crappy U.S. economy, or the upcoming pinch of holiday spending that's upon us all, or maybe it's the reality that "Year One of the 1" is finally just about over and the initial 1 series buzz is dying down... but I feel like there's less and less going on on this board in recent weeks.

Every morning when I come into work, I check out the new threads, and there's almost NEVER anything of interest anymore under the detailing topic, and rarely much of interest happening anywhere else either. Am I alone in my thinking here? Are we all just getting busy at work? What gives? :iono:
      10-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Probably the economy has a little to do with it. Not very many people are buying new cars now.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
1ForAllFor1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

True story.
      10-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Yeah....the economy is the downer of it all. That coupled with the pending election has many people in a holding pattern on new autos. Plus the summer is winding to a close, and the 1er is more of a summer fun type car.

However, with that being said, I take delivery tonight. Took advantage of the 0.9% financing and invoice plus pricing. Hopefully I made a decent move....and the boss won't push me out the door next month.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

You get a lot of interest before a new model hits the streets. Now that it's out for a while and a lot of us have them in our hands it's not quiet as exciting.

The current situation with the whole car market has to be a factor as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
If anything I would say this car has an amazing following given how few have been produced. I haven't seen a website dedicated to any other car model (that didn't have a huge procuction run) that has anywhere near the amount of input and information that 1Addicts has. This site itself is almost a phenomena as far as enthusiast web sites go and that starts with the car. Since the car hasn't changed, I would link any perceived drop in exitement to the fact that it's no longer a new model and the press has moved on, and the economy is in the dumper so many of thousands of people who would be otherwise interested in a new car have changed their minds. The shoppers are all staying home and there's no buzz for anything.
      10-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ForAllFor1 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoy visiting this place, but I'm just wondering, does anyone else feel like the 1 series love might be dropping off just a TAD lately?

Maybe it's the crappy U.S. economy, or the upcoming pinch of holiday spending that's upon us all, or maybe it's the reality that "Year One of the 1" is finally just about over and the initial 1 series buzz is dying down... but I feel like there's less and less going on on this board in recent weeks.

Every morning when I come into work, I check out the new threads, and there's almost NEVER anything of interest anymore under the detailing topic, and rarely much of interest happening anywhere else either. Am I alone in my thinking here? Are we all just getting busy at work? What gives? :iono:

You obviously are not checking the forums that closely or you would have seen this before starting a new thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17662

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
1ForAllFor1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

You're right. I should definitely spend less time focusing on work, and more time double-checking the forum before posting a repeat-thread. I'll try to work on my behavior.