BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Anyone dealt with JPcarbon?

Found this company while looking for a trunk spoiler for my Audi B8 A4.....www.jpcarbon.com. Found some good parts for the Audi and the BMW and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Well I pulled the trigger on the trunk spoiler. I think that it is coming from China or somewhere over there. So I will Let you know when I get it. For under $200 shipped we will see.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Wish I would have seen your post earlier, then I would have weighed in before you purchased. Though you shouldn't regret your purchase.

I have carbon fiber eyelids from JP carbon. The carbon fiber weave is actually very impressive for the price I paid. There really aren't any blemishes in it, and the weave is only ever-so-slightly crooked at the more oddly shaped section of the eyelid. It also hasn't yellowed at all in the few months I've had it, whereas my cheap ****** CF spoiler did yellow in a couple months.

However, the piece itself is very thin and flimsy. I know it's an eyelid, so I don't think much of it because it's supposed to be thin, but my old plastic eyelids from Mattig were thicker and more durable, and the CSR eyelids many on here have are even thicker than that. But again, since it's an eyelid it's supposed to be thin, and your spoiler may be thicker and better.

Also, be warned that the tape they give you (if your spoiler is pre-taped) is NOT strong enough. Your CF piece will fall off and you will be forced to get a new one. This happened to me. Take their stock tape off and use some 3M double sided tape. Or if they haven't shipped it yet, contact them and ask for it without tape so you can use your own.

Fitment wise, the eyelids were a 3/5. They fit around the curved front of the headlight fine, but up top i really needed the tape to stick it down. Maybe they were so flimsy so that it would be easy to bend it a little bit to tape the top down?

Anyway, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Especially not for 200 bucks shipped. Though sometimes I feel like I'd enjoy a more durable, body colored eyelid, I like my eyelids a lot, and they're pretty different. Let us know how your spoiler turns out!

And yeah it's straight from China. The guy I talked to, "Mike", spoke very little broken english when I talked to him. It may take a week or two for you to receive the piece, because it's shipping overseas from China. Mine was stuck in the "customs" stage for a few days, but then came relatively quickly after that.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Wish I would have seen your post earlier, then I would have weighed in before you purchased. Though you shouldn't regret your purchase.

I have carbon fiber eyelids from JP carbon. The carbon fiber weave is actually very impressive for the price I paid. There really aren't any blemishes in it, and the weave is only ever-so-slightly crooked at the more oddly shaped section of the eyelid. It also hasn't yellowed at all in the few months I've had it, whereas my cheap ****** CF spoiler did yellow in a couple months.

However, the piece itself is very thin and flimsy. I know it's an eyelid, so I don't think much of it because it's supposed to be thin, but my old plastic eyelids from Mattig were thicker and more durable, and the CSR eyelids many on here have are even thicker than that. But again, since it's an eyelid it's supposed to be thin, and your spoiler may be thicker and better.

Also, be warned that the tape they give you (if your spoiler is pre-taped) is NOT strong enough. Your CF piece will fall off and you will be forced to get a new one. This happened to me. Take their stock tape off and use some 3M double sided tape. Or if they haven't shipped it yet, contact them and ask for it without tape so you can use your own.

Fitment wise, the eyelids were a 3/5. They fit around the curved front of the headlight fine, but up top i really needed the tape to stick it down. Maybe they were so flimsy so that it would be easy to bend it a little bit to tape the top down?

Anyway, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Especially not for 200 bucks shipped. Though sometimes I feel like I'd enjoy a more durable, body colored eyelid, I like my eyelids a lot, and they're pretty different. Let us know how your spoiler turns out!

And yeah it's straight from China. The guy I talked to, "Mike", spoke very little broken english when I talked to him. It may take a week or two for you to receive the piece, because it's shipping overseas from China. Mine was stuck in the "customs" stage for a few days, but then came relatively quickly after that.
Thanks for the insightful info. I figured as much, with basically everything you said. I am the manager at an autobody shop so installing it won't be an issue. and if it needs some trimming, I can do that as well. I only hope it does not take a month to come as I know some do. But your experience is helpful. I will take some pics when it comes in.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Well I got my Audi spoiler today. Actually came pretty quickly....considering I ordered it last Monday. I will say that the weave quality and the fitment is less than I had hoped for....but what should I have really expected for under $200 shipped. Fortunately I work at a body shop and can make the necessary adjustments and then just paint it black. I will post some pics when it is done.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Thanks for the update! I was curious about this. I expected the fit to suck, but that's a shame about the weave quality, since my eyelids were of a decent quality.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
jameshuckle
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120i 2008

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Thanks for the update! I was curious about this. I expected the fit to suck, but that's a shame about the weave quality, since my eyelids were of a decent quality.
it is seems not to be a good purchase athttp://www.jpcarbon.com, buy a carbon fiber one, then paint it.
Appreciate 0