BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Qube
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 540 :: 09 STi

HIDCanada.com - Error Free HIDs

NOTE: This post is of maximum value to Canadians as we specialize in that particular market Others may find tested/untested solutions in their respective countries.

Introducing the HID Canada RSX Conversion Kit!

While our HID Canada USX Digital Ballast system (see HERE) works well for a majority of the lighting applications, many late generation vehicles have extremely sensitive monitoring computers. Using a standard ballast, or even a USX ballast may result in the common "Low Beam Error", flickering or other issues in newer vehicles.

Other companies introduced piggyback "error canceller" addons to try and solve the problem. Unfortunately, there are two notable downsides:

....1. Much more wiring to run and manage on each side.
....2. Hit-and-miss application. Undocumented testing, control, and success rate. It's a stopgap measure.

HID Canada solved this problem with the original CSX ballast system. The CANBUS technology was integrated into the actual ballast unit. This meant simplied wiring with all the benefits of a "standalone" canceller. The solution was well received, but we felt that the CSX standard "fat" form factor was unappealing and generally dated technology. We were determined to reduce the ballast size near our current industry leading slim USX system yet retain the CANBUS architecture. After nearly four weeks of certification and testing, we're proud to introduce mid-slim RSX HID system!

Why mid-slim and not the same form factor as our USX ballast? The answer is simple. We absolutely do have early iterations of the RSX ballast in a smaller size, but we were not satisfied with the extrapolated 0.5% failure rate due to the tightly packed electronics. A "tiny" CANBUS ballast system simply will not function as well. When we increased the size slightly, we are able to proudly provide a failure rate of less than 0.2%.

General Applications:
  • Pre-2002 vehicles with "Bulb Out Warning" and flickering
  • -- USX ballast system will handle most cases
  • Post-2002 vehicles with "Bulb Out Warning" and flickering
  • -- RSX CANBUS ballast system will solve nearly all cases

There has only been one specific E90 build year 06 that required both the RSX system and an HIDC-C3 canceller. The HIDC-C3 canceller consists of (5.6ohm resistor, 4700uF cap), no secrets here! Fully tested on the 128 for fogs as it pertained to 1Addicts. Not tested for the Angel Eyes There is another fellow here that has a fully tested solution for the pretty HID rings.

Please to contact us for your specific application [sales@HIDCanada.com]

Intrigued? See more details here:
http://hidcanada.com/store/index.php...&products_id=4