E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > (E90) Official Barrique Red E90 Thread

12-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #67
jumpinjoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 jetta

Looks hot with the Terra. Happy motoring
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #68
jdono
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi Barrique/Black/Sport

It is not brown!!

Barrique Red is NOT a brown color. The last set of photos here is a pretty good representation of the color. It is a unique shade of red. I've looked at it 100 different ways and I don't see brown at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #69
reardensteel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Samoa Blue 328iC

Plenty brown to me

I disagree, it depends on the lighting. And I think it is even more brown when it has light dirt on it. See the center photos I posted.

It's so brown I don't want one.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 02:53 AM   #70
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Those shots I posted were taken at dusk with a less than top notch camera. I'll post some more pictures soon, with sun shining, and using a better camera.

I agree the color can look brownish at times, but mostly it looks like a light burgundy with copper undertones. Like most of the new colors Barrique looks different in the various lighting conditions, but for sure looks best in bright sun. In general, the darker the light, the darker it appears. Another post mentioned that you must see the color in person to evaluate it and that is true. I did compare the color sample provided by the dealer (seen in earlier picture posts) with the actual paint on the car and the sample is an exact match which may be helpful to those who can't a find a car to look at.

My job has me traveling a lot and I've visited several dealers mostly in Florida, Hawaii, and CA. Every dealer has been surprised how quick the Barriques sell when they go on display. I know it's not for everyone but I like it and evidently others do also. Also, I am very happy with the Terra/Aluminum combo.

Now I have to get to work on those break in miles
      12-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #71
jdono
Registered
Rep

No offense, but you took those photos with a camera phone. Camera phones aren't exactly known for their color qualities. I drove the car through 2 feet of snow with plenty of dirt on it. It still didn't look brown.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #72
rlc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdono
No offense, but you took those photos with a camera phone. Camera phones aren't exactly known for their color qualities. I drove the car through 2 feet of snow with plenty of dirt on it. It still didn't look brown.
No offense taken, but if your post was directed at me you are off target on the camera phone remark. The photos were taken at dusk with a Kodak DC4800 3.1 megapixel camera with automatic exposure and no flash. These pictures don't make the car look brown, but I can see how some would see brown hues in certain lighting conditions. If you don't agree thats fine.
      12-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #73
jdono
Registered
Rep

sorry RLC,

I was talking about Reardensteel's pics. As I said before I think that the pics that you took are good representations of the color.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #74
Gantra
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Another Christmas Delivery

I got mine on Friday December 16th. The very next day i washed it and got a coat of Zaino on it. It is like a mirror now. Magnifico!

Anyway, i got it really loaded. The only option i think would have been nice that i didn't get was the Active Cruise. The LA traffic got really annoying, even with my Step.

I LOVE the car and after having had many second thoughts about the color after ordering, i now really feel good about it. To me, it can look many different ways. It is a kind of muted mix of dark reds, browns and a touch of purple. It is not unlike other such colors on other BMW models as well as other makes. The main thing is that it is only mildly red. There are other cars out there with this sort of color that are much more cherry red. This is not that color. It is a muted and earthy red.

Lighting conditions influence the color, so it can be deceptive at times. It certainly never looks fully brown, but there is a hint of brown. If you are one who thinks it look fully brown, i'd put a brown car beside it to see the difference. There certainly is one.

I got the Terra leather interior color and it kicks ass. IMO, it's the best interior color for the Barrique Red exterior.

I also got Carbon 35 tint all around. Again, it really amps up the sophistication of the car. It's not too dark but it gives some privacy and it cuts out the harmful radiation so you save your skin and the leather as well.

In general, i feel very Neiman Marcus driving this car with this color. And i won't be just one of the nameless multitudes with graphite, silver or black -- not that these colors aren't nice or anything.....

:rocks:

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gantra; 12-19-2005 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #75
duddym
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC90 V8

Garage List
2007 Vibe  [0.00]
2005 XC90 V8  [0.00]
1955 Starchief  [0.00]
2001 Jetta TDI  [0.00]
2002 A4 Avant  [9.00]
Gantra - Awesome photos!

These may just be the photos that sell me on this color. I'm having a hard time deciding what color to get on my 325xiT. So far, I like Barrique Red, Arctic White, Mystic Blue, and Sparkling Graphite. I just can't decide!

"there are only three true sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. everything else is just a game......" - ernest hemmingway
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #76
jmcphillips1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 128 Coupe

Garage List
thanks for the pics
Retired: 2003 X5 4.6is
Retired: 2006 330i Post September
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #77
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duddym
Gantra - Awesome photos! .... I'm having a hard time deciding what color to get on my 325xiT. So far, I like Barrique Red, Arctic White, Mystic Blue, and Sparkling Graphite. I just can't decide!
Hey duddym, not that you asked but here goes!

1)AW ...classic and clean

2)MB ...elegant and sophisticated

3)SG ...also classic and elegant

4)BR ...spicy? ...seen it in person yet? I just dont like that color on the e90 (Gantra's car does look great tho)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #78
duddym
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC90 V8

Garage List
2007 Vibe  [0.00]
2005 XC90 V8  [0.00]
1955 Starchief  [0.00]
2001 Jetta TDI  [0.00]
2002 A4 Avant  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_325Ci
Hey duddym, not that you asked but here goes!

1)AW ...classic and clean

2)MB ...elegant and sophisticated

3)SG ...also classic and elegant

4)BR ...spicy? ...seen it in person yet? I just dont like that color on the e90 (Gantra's car does look great tho)
Jay 325Ci - Hey, I appreciate the input!

1) Based on the AW photos in the E91 Picture Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6139 , I think AW looks awesome. My wife's comment: "It looks like it should have a big red cross on the side".....

2) MB is nice, although very similar to my wife's Jetta TDI (which has been sold, so not really a big deal now.)

3) SG - Might be a littler darker than I would like - looks great when clean, but put some dust on it and......BLAH.

4) BR - I actually did see it in person at my dealer. It was parked inside the showroom. I think I like it, but I just wonder if it's too girly....

BTW - Who gave you the picture of my wife??!!!

"there are only three true sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. everything else is just a game......" - ernest hemmingway
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #79
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Jay 325Ci - Hey, I appreciate the input! BTW - Who gave you the picture of my wife??!!!
Yeah, she's a hottie! You can have her back when I'm done.

Ok, back to the real world.

I have to agree with you regarding SG (when dirty- blah) and BR (a bit girly for me) anyway good luck with your decision!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #80
glorious1
Rep
Drives: barrique red

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
06 330I  [0.00]
06 330i  [0.00]
FYI ....it is Barrique RED!

I just drove this and must admit. It is a classy looking rich color. Something is keeping me from buying it but I'm still deciding. I saw it with the Terra interior which means that it is two colors. The seats are terra but the carpet is black. The doors have black and terra with the wood. IT's damn good lookin and RICH and spicy....In the sunlight there is a little plum mixed with the cinnamon! I am seriously considering it with my red hair.

Last edited by glorious1; 12-20-2005 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Color is BARRIQUE RED!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #81
deutsch100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Jay 325Ci - Hey, I appreciate the input!

1) Based on the AW photos in the E91 Picture Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6139 , I think AW looks awesome. My wife's comment: "It looks like it should have a big red cross on the side".....

2) MB is nice, although very similar to my wife's Jetta TDI (which has been sold, so not really a big deal now.)

3) SG - Might be a littler darker than I would like - looks great when clean, but put some dust on it and......BLAH.

4) BR - I actually did see it in person at my dealer. It was parked inside the showroom. I think I like it, but I just wonder if it's too girly....

BTW - Who gave you the picture of my wife??!!!
Yeah, I agree SG should be a little lighter, with more coloured flecks. When it does get dirty, it just looks like any other metallic gray car....boring. Don't get me wrong, I love my SG...but BMW could have made it much more beautiful! Seems like SG is the #1 choice though for E90s...even all product brochures here and in Germany, show SG.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 02:50 AM   #82
rlc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantra
I also got Carbon 35 tint all around. Again, it really amps up the sophistication of the car. It's not too dark but it gives some privacy and it cuts out the harmful radiation so you save your skin and the leather as well.
Great shots of the car. Looks just like mine except I got the Aluminum trim. The tint looks great and that is on my list of things to do. If you don't mind, could you provide some details on the tint job (Who, What Film, Cost) and let me know if your radio reception was affected at all?

Thanks in advance.
      12-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #83
bearfoot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 320i +soon: e90 325i M

Gantra,

Unfortunately you can't always be positive. Barrique Red is a colour that is difficult to judge. I sometimes like it but sometimes I dislike it. Now that I've seen your pictures, I would no longer consider buying a Barrique Red e90.

To be honest, if it would always look like the way the car looks in the pictures taken by you, I would definitely go for Barrique Red. It's the only colour that really has that bit extra, it's a warm colour and it's really different from all the other available colours. Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #84
Gantra
Enlisted Member
Rep

Suntek Tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc
Great shots of the car. Looks just like mine except I got the Aluminum trim. The tint looks great and that is on my list of things to do. If you don't mind, could you provide some details on the tint job (Who, What Film, Cost) and let me know if your radio reception was affected at all?

Thanks in advance.
I got the tint done by Rolando Cadenas. His cell number is 626-695-0056. He does all tinting for Pacific BMW up in LA. He charged me $260 to do all side windows and the back window. The tint i selected was Suntek Carbon 35. Rolando has a sales piece from Suntek that shows samples of all the different Suntek tints. The Carbon line i chose does not have metal in it and so does not interfere with any signals. This is the type Rolando recommends and installs in most vehicles.

I haven't scrutinized every square inch but from the cursory exam i have given it, i'm quite happy with the install.

http://www.suntekfilms.net/automotive_films.htm

Let me know how it goes!
      12-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #85
Gantra
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thoughts on color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfoot
Gantra,

Unfortunately you can't always be positive. Barrique Red is a colour that is difficult to judge. I sometimes like it but sometimes I dislike it. Now that I've seen your pictures, I would no longer consider buying a Barrique Red e90.

To be honest, if it would always look like the way the car looks in the pictures taken by you, I would definitely go for Barrique Red. It's the only colour that really has that bit extra, it's a warm colour and it's really different from all the other available colours. Congratulations!

I understand where you are coming from. Color choice is always tough and picking an unusual color is even harder. There are always downsides to every color. I've settled down and am comfortable with the downsides to this color. When i ordered the car and chose this color, i had alot of doubts. But every time i saw it at the dealer, i liked the color. But every time i left the dealer and started looking at various photos on the websites, i'd develop doubts. It drove me crazy for awhile. But i knew I liked it when I was standing by the real thing.

My first car out of high school was a brown Celica. I then had dark green cars for years. I had a bright guards red Porsche for a while. I then switched to a silver s2000, which i liked but it was such a common color. My thinking on this color was that i wanted something other than the main 3 colors offered for the e90 and it had to be a color my partner liked. We both liked the unique qaulities of barrique red. It wasn't a bright red that would be a cop magnate. I didn't mind -- even liked -- the purple and brown characteristics of the color. I'm a web designer. I enjoy using a wide range of colors for my design work. I'm also willing to put a coat of Zaino on it once or twice a month to keep it looking great.

Good luck with your color choice. Don't think about resale value or what other people will think. Just do what pleases you. We only live once.
      12-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #86
glorious1
Rep
Drives: barrique red

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
06 330I  [0.00]
06 330i  [0.00]
I'm a nervous wreck. I just gave the salesman my credit card to hold the car until tonight. Someone else was ready to buy it. I sure do hope I'm doing the right thing....I'm kind of a spicy person. Have red hair and I do think it's very RICH looking. I won't see that much of myself on the road right? I wish I thought EVERYBODY was going to like this but......................
Basically I just hope I do for a long time!
I've had the dark green with beige in a Mustang convertible. I've also had red.....and white....(white is too boring for me) I kind of didn't want to go back to the dark green metallic because "it's been done so much".....anyway........here I GO!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #87
bearfoot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 320i +soon: e90 325i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantra
I understand where you are coming from. Color choice is always tough and picking an unusual color is even harder. There are always downsides to every color. I've settled down and am comfortable with the downsides to this color. When i ordered the car and chose this color, i had alot of doubts. But every time i saw it at the dealer, i liked the color. But every time i left the dealer and started looking at various photos on the websites, i'd develop doubts. It drove me crazy for awhile. But i knew I liked it when I was standing by the real thing.

I'm also willing to put a coat of Zaino on it once or twice a month to keep it looking great.

Good luck with your color choice. Don't think about resale value or what other people will think. Just do what pleases you. We only live once.
Funny to notice you have been reading my thoughts. I agree every colour has its downsides, which makes deciding very difficult. After seeing a car in person, you think you are convinced. Surfing the Internet afterwards to get even more convinced often has a negative effect. You start doubting again. In my case that results in considering the safe choise: Titanium Silver. This colour doesn't have a lot of downsides, the only very important downside is that it is so extremely common and therefor boring, especially when you have already driven a Titanium Silver car for more than 6 years.

Keeping a car clean does not really influence my colour choice. Waxing my car to keep it look great doesn't bother me, I must admit I even enjoy it.

Gantra, I will definitely keep your advice in mind!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #88
reardensteel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Samoa Blue 328iC

Jdono's comments

Hey jdono,
Yeah I know it's a camera phone - but it's also my own eyes at work. And half the time (in bright sunlight) it looked brown. And it was an icky brown to boot.

I thought BR would be the color choice for me. Right now I just ain't happy with any of the offerings. Until the US gets Le Mans Blue or Ultramarine blue (which is what they were supposed to get instead of Mystic) I probably won't be buying.

Which is a damn shame because my freaking convertible top broke AGAIN this evening as I was trying to drop it to mount my hard top. 2nd time in 2 years makes me very unhappy.
Appreciate 0