BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Has anyone ever used Black Ice products?

I've recently heard about them but haven't heard if they are any good. Opinions?
      05-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

I suppose youre talking about the Black Ice products from www.midwestdetailingsupply.com ? From what I gather, theyre a fairly small operation trying to get the word out. I was contacted by one of the owners/reps about using their products but I opted to go with mainstream stuff instead. The lack of information out there turned me away, but that doesn't mean their products aren't good. It was just that the price standpoint versus proven main stream products didn't justify my purchase.. I just couldn't find any data besides the information he sent me. From the write-ups he did and pictures included, the cars detailed with his products looked great though. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

No thanks, I appreciate the info!:thumbup:
      05-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I think the website is http://www.midwestdetailingsupply.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

looks very similar to Chemical Guys products...for example the Glaze they have looks identical to CG Wet mirror finish

FWIW - CG manufactures products for several companies
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiintegra View Post
Woops yeah I typed that wrong, I mean't to put what you said sorry about that.
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
Mike@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Hey guys,

I'm glad to see that Black Ice is starting to get more exposure! I would be happy to answer any of your questions here, or via e-mail: mike@midwestdetailingsupply.com

Black Ice is our own private line of products, and yes we are in the very early stages of our company so it is understandable that people are looking for more information or are weary about giving us a shot.

I went to Bimmerfest with IND-Distribution to give their M3 a full detail using the entire Black Ice product line and to shoot photos. Their car, along with a few other cars we will be sponsoring, will make their way to our website in the near future (it will soon be completely revamped). For a preview of what our products can do, please check out my thread below or just view the pictures in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139805

Thanks guys and please do not hesitate to shoot any questions my way!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

looks nice.... what products would you recommend for a jet black car?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
Andrew@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclee1 View Post
I've recently heard about them but haven't heard if they are any good. Opinions?
I responded to your email and if you have any further detailing related questions let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
I suppose youre talking about the Black Ice products from www.midwestdetailingsupply.com ? From what I gather, theyre a fairly small operation trying to get the word out. I was contacted by one of the owners/reps about using their products but I opted to go with mainstream stuff instead. The lack of information out there turned me away, but that doesn't mean their products aren't good. It was just that the price standpoint versus proven main stream products didn't justify my purchase.. I just couldn't find any data besides the information he sent me. From the write-ups he did and pictures included, the cars detailed with his products looked great though. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Mrgoochio,
You are pretty much spot. We are just getting off the ground (MDS went live around 6 weeks ago after our product formulations were perfected) and are starting to gain some recognition. We pride ourselves on having excellent products that are extremely easy to use. If you ever want to try the Black Ice products in the future don't be afraid to let me know. I wish you the best of luck with your new detailing products and if you have any quick detailing related questions feel free to contact me (I'll PM you in a second with some details).

Quote:
looks nice.... what products would you recommend for a jet black car?
I would highly recommend the Black Ice Trio of Protection. The package includes everything to clean/seal/wax your car and provides excellent protection/durability. The Black Ice products are very easy to use - Here is a link to the Black Ice Trio of Protection.

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me directly at Andrew@MidwestDetailingSupply.com
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
Mike@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@MDS View Post

I would highly recommend the Black Ice Trio of Protection. The package includes everything to clean/seal/wax your car and provides excellent protection/durability. The Black Ice products are very easy to use - Here is a link to the Black Ice Trio of Protection.
:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Cool, so you would recommend applying the reflection, thunder, then the lighting? Seems like a good product i might to buy this
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
Andrew@MDS
Rep
Drives:

I would highly recommend doing each of the three steps. All three products (Reflection, Thunder, and Lightning) are meant to work together.

The Black Ice Trio of Protection is 3 step system with a polishing, sealing, and waxing step. Here is a more detailed explanation of each product.

Black Ice Reflection: Reflection is a chemical cleaning polish that prepares the surface for Thunder and Lightning. Not only does Reflection clean, Reflection greatly adds to the gloss, reflectivity, and slickness of the paint. Reflection leaves some protection behind but I would not use it alone without topping with Thunder and Lightning. Lastly, Reflection contains no abrasives and will not remove (or fill) in swirl marks. Reflection is very easy to work with by hand or by machine.

Black Ice Thunder: Thunder is an acrylic sealant that provides long lasting durability coupled with great shine. The anti-static properties help reduce dust accumulation. Coupled with Black Ice Diamond (anti-static quick detailer) you can greatly reduce the rate that pollen/dust accumulates on your vehicle.

Black Ice Lightning: Lightning is a liquid carnauba wax that delivers solid protection as well as the extremely wet look. The resulting finish has lots of depth and is extremely slick. Lightning is very easy to apply and just as easy to remove.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #13
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

How about a deal on Basic Wash+quick detail and the black trio of protection if i buy both.....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #14
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Mike and Andrew, welcome to 1Addicts! We are a little different than many vendor-sponsored forums and you should read this sticky in our Commercial area for future reference.
      05-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #15
Andrew@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Hey 1Addicts,

I am sorry for responding too quick. I read the sticky and will definitely follow the rules. Sorry fellow Euro addicts! If anyone has any further questions you can contact me via email - Andrew@Midwestdetailingsupply.com

This doesn't mean that I'm going to stop posting in this section! Glad to be here!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #16
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

And - I think we'll move this thread into Commercial sales.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #17
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Hey Andrew - good to see you on here! I'll be taking a hard look at your line of products in the near future.
      05-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #18
ltfadl
Tony @ CSTuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 325is, E30 330 turbo

Great product, and great guys, i have used there leather cleaner in my e36 and god did it make a huge difference, thumbs up to MDS.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #19
Andrew@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclee1 View Post
Hey Andrew - good to see you on here! I'll be taking a hard look at your line of products in the near future.
Awesome. Let me know if you ever have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltfadl View Post
Great product, and great guys, i have used there leather cleaner in my e36 and god did it make a huge difference, thumbs up to MDS.
:thumbup: Glad to help you out Tony!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #20
Mike@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Mike and Andrew, welcome to 1Addicts! We are a little different than many vendor-sponsored forums and you should read this sticky in our Commercial area for future reference.
thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Quote:
How about a deal on Basic Wash+quick detail and the black trio of protection if i buy both.....
we will definitely take care of you :smile:

shoot me a PM for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #21
Mike@MDS
Rep
Drives:

Here are a few pics from Midwest Detailing Supply's first photoshoot

Coverage by me @ Unscene Photography (my other company - same as IND pics above)

more to come
Appreciate 0