BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #67
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTT View Post
I'm waiting for the pics of the final of all stages. My question is How are the scoops going to make the intake RAM AIR? The snorkel doesn't blow into the intake....it blows the air behind it.

Unless the scoops are going somewhere else?
The scoops + shield is the stage 2. The OEM snorkel is removed and our new funnel system with shields that block off the filter from the heat and direct the scooped cold air directly into the filter.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #68
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony@rissracing View Post
The scoops + shield is the stage 2. The OEM snorkel is removed and our new funnel system with shields that block off the filter from the heat and direct the scooped cold air directly into the filter.
Really interested in seeing this. Will the filter be entirely enclosed by the shields?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #69
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

Really can't wait to see this .. I'm sure once I do, I'll be ordering ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #70
Smallbodybimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Yes. Also still waiting to check this out, hopefully any day now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #71
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
I'm waiting for the pics of the final of all stages. My question is How are the scoops going to make the intake RAM AIR? The snorkel doesn't blow into the intake....it blows the air behind it.

Unless the scoops are going somewhere else?
The stock snorkel will be removed for the Riss Racing Ram Air Snorkel. That will face towards our filter with a new system that allows air to hit the ENTIRE filter and not just one side of it. Good things are coming guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #72
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
The stock snorkel will be removed for the Riss Racing Ram Air Snorkel. That will face towards our filter with a new system that allows air to hit the ENTIRE filter and not just one side of it. Good things are coming guys!

Is the entire thing available for purchase yet? Hopefully soon I can see it so I can order it

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #73
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Well we have fully built and released more performance products for the N54 than any other company that I know of? The diverter valves/hard pipe are fully done and in production. The intakes are boxed finished and shipping. The scoops and shields we left for last since its the easiest product to reproduce/design.

However you are correct. We do a ton of R&D on products to make sure your 40 - 50k cars are not our "test dummies" We put a ton of miles on each product and beat the hell out of them to make sure they will stand the test of time. The scoops seem simple but they are complex. You want to direct as much air in. However you don't want to totally block off the radiator. This will make engine temps rise. You also need to test them at wind speeds of 160mph+. We take extra time. However we have never hard a returned performance product due to failure EVER. So the little extra time is worth my piece of mind when I give my clients that have full faith in us our products :thumbup:
:iono:Wasnt questioning your integrity or commitment to build quality products. Just writing for my benefits and OTHERS benefit that the R&D process CAN take a long time, especially if it is done right....Still on your side bro! LOL...:wink: The majority of my underhood mods are Riss Racing!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #74
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

can we just get a webcam set up at riss? that will fix everything except the whole proprietary information issue that you rely on to make money over your competitors! other than that I see no reason y not, lol. keep up the good work! I enjoy hearing the updates! cheers!

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #75
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:

That sounds great!! Why is the one bend smooth and the other a quick turn?...and how come you didn't make smooth transition from the big pipe to the small pipes??? That seems like a necessity.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #76
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sounds great!! Why is the one bend smooth and the other a quick turn?...and how come you didn't make smooth transition from the big pipe to the small pipes??? That seems like a necessity.
Diameter of the pipe at the bend internal flows at the same as the straight pipe. It also cannot curve bend or the seal when you clamp it would be open causing you too suck hot air. We need a straight pipe for the OEM fitting to clamp. The bend is like that for positioning of the intake so it does not rest on the motor.

The intake works similar to a manifold with runners. The plenum fills as the end pulls the air. The internal is not an abrupt edge. It is a smoothed edge. Air flow is just fine. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #77
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Is the entire thing available for purchase yet? Hopefully soon I can see it so I can order it

Crowley
It will be shortly.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #78
Johnnyr135
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Is there a wait on the stage 1 intake, if we order one how many days till it ships. Thanks
      09-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #79
Upgrade+
Good life
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW

curious to see what dyno's of each stage nets. Especially stacked on top of Jb3.
Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #80
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpGrade+ View Post
curious to see what dyno's of each stage nets. Especially stacked on top of Jb3.

We will be doing an ALL OUT dyno, and an over stock dyno. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #81
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyr View Post
Is there a wait on the stage 1 intake, if we order one how many days till it ships. Thanks
No wait they are in stock! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #82
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Please email me for the DIY. It is ready to go! It should be up on the site tonight as well. We will make a video DIY if you guys need it. But this is very simple shouldn't be necessary. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #83
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
I just got the DIY thanks, this shouldnt be a hard install with the included DIY instructions!

My intake gets here tomorrow.
      09-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #84
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet135i View Post
I just got the DIY thanks, this shouldnt be a hard install with the included DIY instructions!

My intake gets here tomorrow.
:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #85
audi2bmw1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 montego 135i/acura vigor

wow i really need to post some videos of my TT DV sound....this is so quite its funny...also in that DV video clip was that with the open air element? or stock airbox
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #86
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
:iono:Wasnt questioning your integrity or commitment to build quality products. Just writing for my benefits and OTHERS benefit that the R&D process CAN take a long time, especially if it is done right....Still on your side bro! LOL...:wink: The majority of my underhood mods are Riss Racing!
Thank you,

we do appreciate the feedback and we will continue to delivery the best products available on the market today. We've been very very very busy the last few months and it will continue on this streak until there is not much left to improve on these cars. We know these cars will be modified since there is so much to improve on. Especially the power, suspension, and looks. As long as we have you guys backing us up, we'll be here doing bigger and better things for the community! :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #87
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2bmw1 View Post
wow i really need to post some videos of my TT DV sound....this is so quite its funny...also in that DV video clip was that with the open air element? or stock airbox
We used the hardest spring in the DV's (both DV's) just for the test. It'll be much louder with the medium spring. Also, we had a stock airbox on. Once you add on our intake, the sound will be much more noticable!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #88
Upgrade+
Good life
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW

Speaking of suspension, any plans on products to tighten up the handling and lessen body roll? This is one thing that makes me miss my suby and I'm not sure where to start on this car to fix these issues :iono:.
Quote:
Thank you,

we do appreciate the feedback and we will continue to delivery the best products available on the market today. We've been very very very busy the last few months and it will continue on this streak until there is not much left to improve on these cars. We know these cars will be modified since there is so much to improve on. Especially the power, suspension, and looks. As long as we have you guys backing us up, we'll be here doing bigger and better things for the community! :thumbup:
Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0