BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #1145
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebemeinauto View Post
Some people clearly like to stick to the script, where every car looks the same, even spending a ton of money on rims that look just like boring OE BMW wheels, and saying they did something unique....ummm, not....
I guess I have boring OEM wheels... and I like them a lot! We all can't do orange wheels -- not for me -- but I can appreciate your wanting to be different.
      11-11-2015, 03:26 AM   #1146
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebemeinauto View Post
Thanks! There's enough boring Bimmers around to choke the Nile out of existence, so I'm glad to be ridiculously different. I love the envy from fellow owners, and of course love the compliments, which is all I ever get, up until now, on a Bimmer forum no less, wow. Should've figured, haha.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, or sinks it, so don't be sorry. We don't all have the same creative spark, even if we all drive BMW's.

For me, it's nice to have people actually lean out of their car window, grinning, giving a thumbs up and taking pictures of my car, saying "Finally, someone did something amazing with a BMW for once." Not that such is what drives a project, but it's always pleasing, nonetheless, and certainly demonstrates what folks like.

Jesus, why do a car like everyone else? May as well all buy the same suit and wear the same watch...oh, wait, people do that already...ahaha, the frightened masses of flocking conformity. How droll....

Geez, people love the hell out of my car, and I do too, so I'm happy.
Yeah, you're so much different and you drive such a unique white BMW because you've got stickers and fins like it's 2001 again. And you know why no one has done that to their BMW?
'Cause that shit is rice. Otherwise, it's yet another white BMW with M package and plastidipped kidneys. Your car is just like another 135i, but with stickers and fins... and it's not even lowered. Do you know how many BMW's there are on stock suspension?

I look forward to seeing more new mods on your car.

P.S.: What kind of sneakers you have by the way? What color is your iPhone? Got any tips on how to dress distinctly different than 300 millions of Americans?

Last edited by swagon; 11-11-2015 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 03:55 AM   #1147
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
I guess I have boring OEM wheels... and I like them a lot! We all can't do orange wheels -- not for me -- but I can appreciate your wanting to be different.
I appreciate the leeway...? Ha, but that's my point exactly, is that everybody likes what they like, so it seems pointless to hack on somebody for what another person doesn't even like or want on their car, good grief.

What's next, hating on certain models of BMW's, for not being like the others? Is the bliss of someone's 128 made less because it is not an M5?? Hardly. The whole business of such thinking is immature and disappointing. Seems respectable taste in cars isn't any indication of respectability, but I guess that's nothing new in today's world.

As for preference, yes, I might not find some variants of stock OE wheels thrilling (and can't always understand replacing them with what still looks like an OE wheel, but at a few thousand a rim or whatever), but then again I swapped mine, obviously, for something quite different, because I don't drive someone else's car, I drive mine, and what's the point of wasting valuable posting space, or debasing this forum, with my pontifications about a car I neither own, nor drive??

I prefer Certina to Rolex, but that's my right of preference. If I wanted the same watch as everyone else, I'd buy it. I don't, so I bought something else. I neither seek nor accept some kind of approval for such.

As for cars, in a community kind of forum, of grown ups, when one has nothing good to say about someone else's ride, the old adage of saying nothing at all is probably most wisely applied, especially when offering a critique that holds zero water in the first place. This isn't American Idol, or some infantile version of CarDomain, giving each other "props" or online stickers, thumbs up or down for "rep" points or some sad, pathetic thing, or at least one would hope not.

As for boring wheels, no, they are clearly not boring to YOU, and that's what matters most -- your car, your look, your happiness, and also your money and your time thrown in the mix there as well, so personal preference, not the fawning or frowning of the unwashed masses, is paramount.

Rock your OE's proudly! I know I love my ride, and I hope all can feel the same about theirs, without trying to do so at the expense of others.

Enough said.

And, by the way, I kept things OE for quite a while, despite prior tuner projects where I modded about everything that could be modded on prior rides, and at first I actually really liked my car bone stock....but then I just grew tired of the stagnant status glances, wanted more performance and a different look, and decided to show what else a great BMW can be.

No love lost for those who do whatever they do, or don't do, just my preference to do what I like. The fact that it just so happens to be very much liked by everyone who has ever seen my car (minus this forum, apparently) just speaks to my tastes having obviously broad appeal, which is always nice, and just confirms that doing something unique, while perhaps not the taste of a few, is clearly to the taste of many.

A Lambo is not a Prius, but that's what makes it a Lambo. I'm sure Prius owners can't stand the Lambo anymore than Lambo owners want to drive a Prius, but hey, if everyone just buys (and does) what they personally enjoy, instead of playing automobile fashion police or telling others what to do or not do, then, wow, what a better world it would be.

But, the haters gonna hate and the ainter's gonna ain't, as James Franco, in character, so sagely once said. LOL, not entirely sure what that means, but it seems wise in its way....

More than enough said now...dead horse duly beaten.

No offense meant to horses in that remark....
Stay tuned, be tuned. '08 135i N54 6MT, Coral Red Interior, Fire Orange custom grilles and fade-to-black custom BMW Rear Wing, Black Line tail lights, Cobb CP, Forge DV's, aFe DCI's, ETS 5" FMIC, aFe Mach Power exhaust, Cobb catted DP's, M Suspension bits, PTF tune (on Cobb AP), 6000k Xenons, Lux H8 Amber halos, Custom fogs. Conformity is for wimps!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 04:31 AM   #1148
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Yeah, you're so much different and you drive such a unique white BMW because you've got stickers and fins like it's 2001 again. And you know why no one has done that to their BMW?
'Cause that shit is rice. Otherwise, it's yet another white BMW with M package and plastidipped kidneys. Your car is just like another 135i, but with stickers and fins... and it's not even lowered. Do you know how many BMW's there are on stock suspension?

I look forward to seeing more new mods on your car.

P.S.: What kind of sneakers you have by the way? What color is your iPhone? Got any tips on how to dress distinctly different than 300 millions of Americans?
Wow, a shining example of the juvenile species to which I referred -- apparently this is kindergarten, and the class wanna-be is anxious to feel important. Making up for a bad childhood, are you? Good lord.

"Cause that shit is rice." Wow, how many forums did you have to search to come up with that winner? So eloquent...but then again you are no doubt too busy getting your "swag" on, collecting racks of "sneakers" and CRAP-PLE I Phones to have even graduated grammar school, so, yes, by all means, keep it street homie slice!

Don't be sad that you can't afford or figure out mods that shine (or even exist on your ride, with, strangely, no pics?). No doubt your 135i'm-intimiated-by-roof-fins is stellar for whatever you haven't done to it, but don't let my ability to create interfere with your lack of ability to do so.

Yes, thanks for noticing my unique ride with your limited mental prowess. I'm amazed you could stare at it long enough to keep a thought, but applause for attempting to think, at least.

Wow, lowering, add some rice to your own plate, but apparently that is to your fancy. Stock is doing fine, thanks so much for caring, although M control arms are going in next week or so. I'll be sure to ask you first what I should do, since you are such a smart fella!

Maybe you'd like to make yours a low rider? Or perhaps you'd like to join Stance Nation? Or tell the whole world, in all of your ignorance, how everyone on earth should, or shouldn't, mod a car according to your completely irrelevant opinion??

Geez, are you that desperate to feel like you have a thought that matters? Get some roof fins, and go meditate on the merits of not being a complete weenie.

I will certainly update you on mods, and will, just for you, add ROOF FINS in my siggy, so you can admire them even without a photo to keep you entertained. Happy now?

As for dress codes, we wouldn't be in the same league, I'm sure, so let's not confuse things further.

With respect to my car being another 135i, yes, points there in Final Jeopardy, it IS a 135i, wow, good for you. Hope you wagered big.

Why no one else has done it? I thought of it first, which is pretty amazing, considering how long BMW has been making cars, and how many bizillions of owners have missed the opportunity. I guess that makes ME the world leader here, not YOU, ahahahahahahaha!

I WIN, I WIN, I WIN!!!

Roof Fins lead the way to victory! Maybe I'll get hood fins, and window fins, and tire fins!!!!! I can't wait for SEMA to call me!!!!!! German meets Japanese, wow, I'll be FAMOUS!!!

You've inspired me!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Stay tuned, be tuned. '08 135i N54 6MT, Coral Red Interior, Fire Orange custom grilles and fade-to-black custom BMW Rear Wing, Black Line tail lights, Cobb CP, Forge DV's, aFe DCI's, ETS 5" FMIC, aFe Mach Power exhaust, Cobb catted DP's, M Suspension bits, PTF tune (on Cobb AP), 6000k Xenons, Lux H8 Amber halos, Custom fogs. Conformity is for wimps!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #1149
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Fuck off, troll. Enough off-topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 05:34 AM   #1150
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Attached Images

11-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #1151
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Ok, but the super long posts were unnecessary.

Appreciate 2
      11-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #1152
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post

Fuck off, troll. Enough off-topic.
Ahahaha, I see you have been reduced to your native language. Nice!

And after all that hard work you did, trying to be linguistically inclined...so sad.

Yup, don't take things off topic -- not cool dude!

I simply posted some pics, and didn't ask for your useless opinion.

I do like the Ramsey reference, and do see myself in his role, speaking to you, so thanks for that admission, at least.

Keeping it to your level of understanding, by all means, fuck off yourself. Fuck all the way off to Fuckville, move there, become the mayor, and celebrate being a fucked off individual.

I'll be sure to get you some roof fins for Christmas.

Peace.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #1153
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
liebemeinauto around here you have to take the good and bad criticism equally. You will catch flack if you pick X brand intercooler over Y brand. You just have to be prepared to hear it. Making lengthy post trying to rationalize your decisions to others is pointless, and getting offended doesn't help your case. It makes you the childish one.
At the end of the day, you gotta do what you like. If you wanna rice out your BMW, that's your decision. Either take the negative feedback like a champ, or don't post!

My opinion about your car? I think it needs 10 lbs of ANFO in the trunk to help relocate it to 10 different zip codes.
      11-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #1154
MDaveyy
MDavey Photo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

11-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #1155
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

I hope this place doesn't end up like the VW MKIV forums where the cars become so affordable that the posers and "individualists" roll up and put off everyone with their "opinions".

Before Mr. Orange Wheels showed up, there were a few 1ers with orange wheels. They got some flack for it by very few members. Wanna know what they did?
They simply wrote:
"I know it's not for everyone but I like it."
And then they closed their computer and went out for an enjoyable drive. Men of dignity.
      11-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #1156
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDaveyy

Btw, meant to say your grill looks amazing. How did you make the stripes on the three slats?
      11-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #1157
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexResistance View Post
liebemeinauto around here you have to take the good and bad criticism equally. You will catch flack if you pick X brand intercooler over Y brand. You just have to be prepared to hear it. Making lengthy post trying to rationalize your decisions to others is pointless, and getting offended doesn't help your case. It makes you the childish one.
At the end of the day, you gotta do what you like. If you wanna rice out your BMW, that's your decision. Either take the negative feedback like a champ, or don't post!

My opinion about your car? I think it needs 10 lbs of ANFO in the trunk to help relocate it to 10 different zip codes.
A bunch of uptight people around here, for sure. My opinion stands. A boring car is boring, so for those who like boredom, drive onward and be boring to your heart's content.

I really don't know, however, why people need to be such assholes. Is that a requirement for having a viewpoint to offer, to state it like a complete jerk? Or maybe it's just the jerks here who seem to want to have something to say? In either case, it degrades this forum, that's for sure.

Something intelligent such as, "Not for me." would suffice, if one really feels a burning sense of outrage after viewing a post, to the point that they even have to say something at all, but, seriously, you DEFEND just randomly insulting someone via hateful vomit? And, wow, if a member really does get shit on, for something like the brand of intercooler they choose, then this place has serious problems, or such members clearly do who think that such adolescent displays are appropriate.

As for "lengthy" posts, yes, I forget sometimes no one knows how to read anymore, or it seems to strain minds to the point of an ANFO blossoming event if more than ten words are strung together.

Who would think BMW owners don't like to read....pretty sad state of affairs, but, then again, the world is devolving rapidly.

If you think a "critique" is just to hack on someone's car, you're either an idiot, or suffering from a serious personality disorder. Sit on some ANFO and put yourself in some zipcodes, and try that for a cure -- maybe that can help you learn to see from perspectives beyond your own narrow one.

Flak I don't mind -- juvenile weenies spewing useless vitriol, on the other hand, will be dealt with accordingly. Clearly, you don't get it, and that's fine, but you hardly present as someone of a mature mindset, coming across like Father BMW, dispensing stupidity in the defense of stupidity. You can keep your advice.

I don't like your car either, so isn't that fun. What a great community.

But, no doubt I'm exceeding the tolerance limit for literacy skills, oops, so, as for the rice comments, I won't even dignify the lack of understanding there, nor address your attempt to re-write the intent of my posts. Suffice to say, you're just wrong.

My car is hugely popular wherever I go. Sorry if that disappoints people here. Taste is obviously somewhat individualistic, but not liking my project certainly doesn't speak on behalf of all cars on earth, as some seem to think. The dislike is just one ant fart of an opinion, and means a total sum of nothing, except for being in the minority in the real world, given that it runs counter to the large scale approval given outside of the pointless insults offered here.

I'm off to enjoy my roof fins.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #1158
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
I hope this place doesn't end up like the VW MKIV forums where the cars become so affordable that the posers and "individualists" roll up and put off everyone with their "opinions".

Before Mr. Orange Wheels showed up, there were a few 1ers with orange wheels. They got some flack for it by very few members. Wanna know what they did?
They simply wrote:
And then they closed their computer and went out for an enjoyable drive. Men of dignity.
If only wealth translated to intelligence or class....oh, wait, 99% of the world has no wealth. Perhaps that explains the lack of both qualities.

It used to, of course, back when it took more than inventing a duck horn or slinging dope to find a seat at the table of once-nobility, but these days it's a trashy table indeed and owning a somewhat prestigious car clearly doesn't say much.

I suppose that explains why a dignified opinion could not be offered on my posts, and instead only guttural barks of insult could be uttered.

I will concede your point to a degree, however, and stand corrected, and I'm appreciative of your post. No point in sinking to a lowly low. It was a long day, and perhaps my mood was not as tolerant for stupidity as it should have been.

My car -- clearly not for everyone, but only I get to drive it and I do indeed like it.

Stretching the dignity a bit:

So does everyone else who has seen it, which makes it odd that no one here likes it, but this is a different crowd, no doubt filled with wanna-be upper classicism syndrome in which keeping a BMW as BMW as possible, and hating anything different, is mistaken as a sign of aristocracy.

One might think anyone would appreciate that my project seeks to de-snob the whole BMW stereotype (which was part of my aim, in fact, becoming actually a little bit tired of being viewed as a "BMW" snot just for driving one in stock form), but I guess, here, that's like trying to tell religious people that god is a fictitious concept. Hard to sell truth to those in denial of reality, which is, sadly, what makes a lot of stereotypes quite accurate.

No doubt no one can stand seeing a sponsored BMW in full form, going flat out at a race track either, but, for me, I find a kitted out BMW to be rather sexy, and think it's a bit sad, really, that "I own a BMW" is a mindset that cries out for conformity instead of a more radical showcase of the powers these cars possess.

Hope that doesn't stray too far, but I'm not entirely agreeable to the thought of just accepting ignorance and offering up ONLY the "I know it's not for everyone but I like it" response, since ignorance, in any form, really shouldn't be tolerated, or we'll just keep having more of it.

You know, the whole "evil flourishes when good men do nothing" bit.

Closing my computer now, and hitting the road.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #1159
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

They simply wrote:
Oh, and btw, to avoid a re-write of history, if you read my two initial responses, they said exactly that, which was to say, hey, not for everyone, but I like what I've done. I didn't get snarky until it was warranted, so props to me for actually being pretty darn dignified in the face of neolithicism.

~ Mr. Orange Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 04:21 AM   #1160
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

^I didn't read any of that!!
      11-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #1161
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Im going to say this again. Take the good with the bad. If you can't handle people hating on your ride, stop posting pictures of it. Simple solution.
Attached Images

11-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #1162
MDaveyy
MDavey Photo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Btw, meant to say your grill looks amazing. How did you make the stripes on the three slats?
Thanks! I never wanted to do anything M being that isn't not an M but I loved the way this looked so I couldn't resist. JBSPEED is a vendor on here and has them pre-painted in matte and gloss for a decent price. Just installed it last weekend!

http://www.jbspeed.com/e82-1m/
      11-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #1163
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDaveyy View Post
Thanks! I never wanted to do anything M being that isn't not an M but I loved the way this looked so I couldn't resist. JBSPEED is a vendor on here and has them pre-painted in matte and gloss for a decent price. Just installed it last weekend!

I also think they Look really good. That interior pic with the watch and tats.... it's pretty epic! Props!
      11-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #1164
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDaveyy View Post

Looks good. I've been eyeballing their "metallic look painted" version of the grills. Glad to know their quality is good.

http://www.jbspeed.com/bmw-gloss-bla...es-for-e82-1m/
      11-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #1165
MDaveyy
MDavey Photo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
Looks good. I've been eyeballing their "metallic look painted" version of the grills. Glad to know their quality is good.

http://www.jbspeed.com/bmw-gloss-bla...es-for-e82-1m/
I had a hard time choosing between the two, but since the car will be matte white after winter I went with matte. I also got it I think within like 3 days which was crazy since it didn't ship from the US.
      11-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #1166
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Some pictures of my car over the last year
Attached Images