BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

View Poll Results: White or Black...which one is second fastest?
White 27 69.23%
Black 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

08-31-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I voted white.
The poll is fundamentally flawed but I agree white is the second fastest because black is the fastest!
Those metallic flakes everyone is talking about, you've clearly forgotten that the earth is magnetically charged. We get pulled along ... Like a high speed train in Japan.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
boostedtwin
Sheriff
Rep
Drives: spyder, Macan GTS, 4xe Rubicon

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
07 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
All new cars built in Brazil since a few years are "flex" engine cars which means that they can run either on gas or 100% ethanol or a free combination of both whenever desired/needed. Typically, ethanol gives more power but higher consumption and gas does things vice versa. Customer chooses which to put in the car at pump depending on prices of both. Other than that, gas in Brazil also includes certain (25?) percentage of ethanol anyway due to a local law which aims to support national ethanol industry which dates back to 70s. So, there is no "alcohol" free gas in Brazil, maybe and just maybe other than a special type of gas called Petrobras "Podium" which was basically the race gas Petrobras used in F1 and it was said to be free of ethanol, very clean and high octane. I used only that gas in my 2006 E90 330i when I was living in Brazil. That was pretty hard to find though and I was keeping a map and list of stations in the car which supposed to have that gas.

So, there are no "light" Brazilian petrol, they are all more or less drunk...let's say it in a good, cheerful way.
I agree 100% with what you said. My car only sees Podium F1 Gas. Nowdays is easy to find in the gas stations although is more expensive than regular and Premium gas. Podium is by far the best gas in Brasil. But the 1M running on gas it was tuned to run with alcool on the tank. they changed spark plugs, new tune and probably a few other things to run it that way.