BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Run-in Service During PCD Drive Home. Need a Good Dealer in KY, TN, AL, WV, VA or OH

Does anyone have any experience—good or bad—with the Service Departments of any of the following dealers?
  • Don Jacobs BMW (Lexington, KY)
  • BMW of Bowling Green (Bowling Green, KY)
  • Sam Swope BMW (Louisville, KY)
  • BMW of Nashville (Nashville, TN)
  • BMW of Chattanooga (Chattanooga, TN)
  • Rick Hill BMW (Kingsport, TN)
  • Century BMW (Huntsville, AL)
  • Moses BMW (Saint Albans, WV)
  • Valley BMW (Roanoke, VA)
  • Jake Sweeney BMW (Cincinnati, OH)
  • The BMW Store (Cincinnati, OH)

I’m scheduled to get my 1,200-mile run-in service done during my drive home from the Performance Center and all of these dealers are about the right distance along the way, depending on the route I take. (I put about 800 miles on my 1M during ED).

I need a dealer that (1) will make sure they have the right fluids in stock and (2) I can trust will do a great job. I am getting the service done in two weeks (12/20).

I’m also going to have the dealer install winter tires on the OE wheels.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

sorry.. no experience with any.... I had my own issues getting my car serviced like this.... good luck sir... I recommend you definitely call ahead with a list of part #s.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
If you're driving thru St Louis, I've got a spare bed for you and garage space for your 1M. I've heard from "dwildone" that autohaus in STL is good.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I think IF it were me... I would buy the proper fluids ahead of time and take them with me on the road trip. MTF-LT-5, 2.0L and SAF-XJ+FM, 1.5L. Then what ever dealer you find along the way... can take care of the 1,200 mile service for you... knowing that they used the correct fluids. Maybe I am just too OCD though.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
If you're driving thru St Louis, I've got a spare bed for you and garage space for your 1M. I've heard from "dwildone" that autohaus in STL is good.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
Juiced1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I am almost certain Autohaus isn't open on Saturdays. I called about getting mine done while there but they weren't available on the weekend. They are a good dealership though. I had my Pops run up there to buy an extra quart of oil. They just gave him a bottle free of charge. That's cool!

This really isn't that big a deal. The engine oil is the same as all N55s and the diff oil is the same as all V8 M3s. Just call whichever dealership you want to use, talk the service manager to set up and confirm they have the fluids. Unless it is a really podunk dealer in a one horse town they will have the correct fluids in stock. I also printed out a copy of the fluids to use and a copy of the service bulletin on the diff fluid and brought with me. I gave one copy to the service advisor and left one copy in the drivers seat. If you want a copy of what I gave them, pm me your email.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

This is Eddie Rivera at Sam Swope BMW we do have all the correct fluids available and we are open on Saturdays. I just took delivery of my 1M as well.If I can help just let me know erivera@samswope.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Thanks, Mike! Very generous offer. I may take you up on it. I'm not sure I'm staying over in St. Louis or even driving through, but I'll PM you to let you know once I figure out my route. Even if I'm just driving through, it would be fun to get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think IF it were me... I would buy the proper fluids ahead of time and take them with me on the road trip. MTF-LT-5, 2.0L and SAF-XJ+FM, 1.5L. Then what ever dealer you find along the way... can take care of the 1,200 mile service for you... knowing that they used the correct fluids. Maybe I am just too OCD though.
Great idea. I may just do that. I don't want to take any chances. Thanks for the suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
flzrider
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Dackel, are you sure it is only 1.5 liters for the rear diff? I thought it was 3? Also, isn't MTF-LT-5 on national backorder?
      12-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
Dackel, are you sure it is only 1.5 liters for the rear diff? I thought it was 3? Also, isn't MTF-LT-5 on national backorder?
It is THREE 0.5L bottles. Actually the diff holds 1.2L.

No idea IF the trans fluid is on back order. I think I did read that though. You can also buy the trans fluid (MTF-LT-5) from any Porsche dealer under Pension name.
Appreciate 0