BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
spektor75
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 328 xdrive

Jailbroken Apple TVs - Every Single Movie and TV show for free

Hey guys,

Anyone looking for a great holiday gift? $200 for a brand new AppleTV, jailbroken with every TV show and movie you could ever imagine. Shoot me a msg or comment.
Apple TV is a little box that connects to your tv with HDMI. Once the box is jailbroken, you can literally watch every movie and TV show for free. New episodes of TV shows are loaded onto it within hours. It's sick - I did this for myself and downgraded my cable package because I can watch everything for free.
Let me know guys, I can have them shipped to your door or meet in the GTA
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
The AppleTV 2 does NOT have a hard drive so you CANNOT load movies "ONTO" it.

Also, Apple sell the AppleTV 2 for $119 in Canada - $81 is a hell of a fee to charge for installation of a freely available Jailbreak...

Next: You can only "literally watch every movie and TV show for free" if you download them from the internet - which is Piracy. Added to that is the cost of the internet connection - so not really free...

You'd then also need a storage medium from which the content can be streamed to the device.... once again, not free...

Think maybe you should revise your post?
      12-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
spektor75
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 328 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
The AppleTV 2 does NOT have a hard drive so you CANNOT load movies "ONTO" it.

Also, Apple sell the AppleTV 2 for $119 in Canada - $81 is a hell of a fee to charge for installation of a freely available Jailbreak...

Next: You can only "literally watch every movie and TV show for free" if you download them from the internet - which is Piracy. Added to that is the cost of the internet connection - so not really free...

You'd then also need a storage medium from which the content can be streamed to the device.... once again, not free...

Think maybe you should revise your post?
Apple tv is 135 with taxes in Canada. So its 65$
For that 65 i go to the store buy you a unit jailbreak it and install the correct software and add ons for you. I then repackage it and either ship it to you or deliver it to your door.
Furthermore, the apple tv works through streaming,nothing is permanently stored on the apple tv and nothing is illegal about this
No storage medium needed. All you need is an hdmi cable and internet connection.
This post was created in the Canada section to avoid people like you
Next time before getting malicious and making yourself look like a tool do your research and post something a little more well thought out
Criticism is more than welcome, haters are not
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor75 View Post
Apple tv is 135 with taxes in Canada. So its 65$
For that 65 i go to the store buy you a unit jailbreak it and install the correct software and add ons for you. I then repackage it and either ship it to you or deliver it to your door.
See? This statement I have no problem with. Although I do think that $65 is a lot for this kind of service I'm sure that there will be people who are happy to pay for it.

Quote:
Furthermore, the apple tv works through streaming,nothing is permanently stored on the apple tv and nothing is illegal about this
Yes. Streaming. Streaming from where exactly? Any copyrighted material that you don't have to pay for is theft - and hence illegal - whether you keep it after watching it or not. You have still downloaded it and therefore committed piracy.

Jailbreaking an AppleTV is not illegal. This has been upheld in several countries. Using it to avoid paying for content however, is. I merely felt that any potential buyer should be aware that if they proceed down this path then in order to make use of the features you are adding to the device they will have to break the law.

Quote:
No storage medium needed. All you need is an hdmi cable and internet connection.
Is this internet connection free? Downloading movies takes a substantial amount of data - which you have to pay for. This can easily cost as much as your Cable TV subscription - depending on your usage.

Quote:
This post was created in the Canada section to avoid people like you
Too bad. I don't see a post in another section and think "That's a really shoddy deal. People should know what they're getting themselves into. Oh well... they're in another country. Not my problem."

I see it and think "I have valuable information about this topic. I will share it."

Also, if you have the right to post it. I have the right to rebut it. On top of that: are you suggesting that you posted it in the Canada section because no-one in Canada would challenge you? I think you're wrong. I just got here first.

You have posted this same thread in m3post, 5post, and 2 separate sections of e90post. In those threads many others have raised similar questions/concerns to what I have here.

Quote:
Next time before getting malicious and making yourself look like a tool
Sorry, but I was not malicious. I was merely presenting a point of view and adding some information that you left out.

You however, ARE being malicious. You called me a tool. That hurt my feelings.

Quote:
do your research and post something a little more well thought out
I have 2 AppleTVs - a 1 and a 2 - BOTH of which are Jailbroken. And a Masters in Computer Engineering. I didn't need to do any research to know that what you have said is "incomplete" at best - "misleading and potentially costly to buyers" at worst.

Quote:
Criticism is more than welcome, haters are not
I don't hate you. I don't know you. How could I hate you?

I'm glad you appreciate criticism though...

Last edited by Harlequin; 12-07-2011 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
R0n1n
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
See? This statement I have no problem with. Although I do think that $65 is a lot for this kind of service I'm sure that there will be people who are happy to pay for it.

Yes. Streaming. Streaming from where exactly? Any copyrighted material that you don't have to pay for is theft - and hence illegal - whether you keep it after watching it or not. You have still downloaded it and therefore committed piracy.

Jailbreaking an AppleTV is not illegal. This has been upheld in several countries. Using it to avoid paying for content however, is. I merely felt that any potential buyer should be aware that if they proceed down this path then in order to make use of the features you are adding to the device they will have to break the law.

Is this internet connection free? Downloading movies takes a substantial amount of data - which you have to pay for. This can easily cost as much as your Cable TV subscription - depending on your usage.

Too bad. I don't see a post in another section and think "That's a really shoddy deal. People should know what they're getting themselves into. Oh well... they're in another country. Not my problem."

I see it and think "I have valuable information about this topic. I will share it."

Also, if you have the right to post it. I have the right to rebut it. On top of that: are you suggesting that you posted it in the Canada section because no-one in Canada would challenge you? I think you're wrong. I just got here first.

You have posted this same thread in m3post, 5post, and 2 separate sections of e90post. In those threads many others have raised similar questions/concerns to what I have here.

Sorry, but I was not malicious. I was merely presenting a point of view and adding some information that you left out.

You however, ARE being malicious. You called me a tool. That hurt my feelings.

I have 2 AppleTVs - a 1 and a 2 - BOTH of which are Jailbroken. And a Masters in Computer Engineering. I didn't need to do any research to know that what you have said is "incomplete" at best - "misleading and potentially costly to buyers" at worst.

I don't hate you. I don't know you. How could I hate you?

I'm glad you appreciate criticism though...
ooooohhhh burnnneeddd.....