BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Alignment specs Help

hey everyone I just recently got KW v1 with vorshlag camber plates.
I was wondering what setup everyone is running, what degree of camber and toe spec for daily driving but then went I hit the autocross and throw the slicks on and knock the strut over I still want to be at a reasonable toe setting with -3 degree of camber. I saw a thread somewhere but can't seem to find it anymore. I plan on lowering the car at a finger gap above tires. I also order the HPA adjustable end links too.

Thanks

Orlando
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
02rsxpilot
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2013 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
2002 Acura RSX  [0.00]
The alignment shop should be able to set your car up for the track with whatever camber you want/need and probably zero toe or a little toe out. Then they can slide the strut to a more conservative street setting. The decrease in camber will automatically toe the front wheels back in a little. The amount of change is entirely up to you, and there may need to be some adjustment to both settings to get the right balance. IE: If you wanted -3.0 and a little toe out for track, but wanted -0.5 for street, you would probably end up with too much toe-in in the street setting. So you'd either have to increase toe-out to the track setting, or accept a little more camber for the street setting. Etc...

For specific recommendations, maybe someone with a similar setup can chime in, but it is super dependent on your specific setup, driving style, and the tracks and streets you drive.
      05-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #3
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
I wouldn't bother with adjusting it all the time. Get a solid alignment with plenty of neg camber and leave it alone. Everytime you adjust it, it will be off again. May not be a drastic amount of change, but it won't be precise.