BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #45
Ser1es
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i ///M Sport

Cicio
PM me some flash/tune cost info. Im in NY but would be willing to take the trip for 70 hp gain on stock...
      10-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #46
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser1es View Post
Cicio
PM me some flash/tune cost info. Im in NY but would be willing to take the trip for 70 hp gain on stock...
i can almost promise you there are similar facilities closer to where you live. there's a shop in houston that does the same exact thing. houston, atlanta, etc. etc. etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #47
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
man, no offense, but that kinda sucks for how much money you spend on dinan software. especially when dinan advertises over 400 hp/tq for their software
none taken. i know. ;]

but the torque is pretty close. . .

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #48
Ser1es
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i can almost promise you there are similar facilities closer to where you live. there's a shop in houston that does the same exact thing. houston, atlanta, etc. etc. etc.
Im sure there are but quality shops like that are very hard to come by. Trust me I have through a lot with my eclipse. Does anyone know of any quality BMW shops in NY or on Long Island?
      10-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #49
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135 View Post
E

Thank you for the info. Sounds very cool but will have to see what tuner says about #5 cause that is important to me. Also, is your flash tool something that plugs into the obd2 port and how long would a re flash take?
Any answer on the question above? This is most important one for those with warranty like me. I won't knowingly void my warranty
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #50
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

My tuning Experiences....I had my evo 8 tuned 6 different times by 4 different people. Topspeed did an exceptional job. Doug took his time and my car never knocked or had any problems.

List of tuners I've tried:
Topspeed-Doug Exceptional dyno/road tune
Dynoflash-AL Terrible mail in flash and road tune
Buschur Racing-Terrible Dyno tune.
Switzer Performance-Ok-Took his time but my car never worked right as a result of my meth pump inconsistently working. Dyno tune

TOPSPEED Does great work.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #51
HIPSI
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Okay, I'm probably going to regret this as I promised myself no engine mods but.... Who in Houston?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #52
135iNewb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I checked your website store, but I dont see any items for the 135i. Can you give me more info ($$$) on your "canned" tune for stock 135s? It would be nice if you had a package that included a canned tune for a stock car and the flash tool. I wouldn't be suprised if it were a very big seller, as most people on the forums are looking for a sizable increase in power without voiding their warranty.

Most of the piggyback tuners land you in the 330whp range. Do you have any HP estimates for your canned tunes, and are there different stages of tunes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicio@TopSpeed View Post
1. Price on the custom tune is $899 the canned maps is less.
2. The flash tool is $349
3. We could do as many maps as you wanted but there would be a cost involved
4. The full stock map is actually saved so that you can reload it at any time
5. I will let my tuner answer this.
6. No, this is a true custom tune, no real tune adapts to anything
7. No meth fail safe
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #53
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPSI View Post
Okay, I'm probably going to regret this as I promised myself no engine mods but.... Who in Houston?
secret services off 59 near bisonette. phone number 713-ssa-race

they're top notch tuners. i had my previous car dyno tuned there, fantastic results. they tune evo's, sti's, gtr's, just about everything. they bought an e46 m3 to build a turbo kit for. and they have the best software/hardware for tuning the factory dme on all bmw's built since 2001 or so
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #54
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
secret services off 59 near bisonette. phone number 713-ssa-race

they're top notch tuners. i had my previous car dyno tuned there, fantastic results. they tune evo's, sti's, gtr's, just about everything. they bought an e46 m3 to build a turbo kit for. and they have the best software/hardware for tuning the factory dme on all bmw's built since 2001 or so
Think these guys could tune a n55?
      11-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #55
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Think these guys could tune a n55?
absolutely. any bmw since '01 or so could be tuned there. they've done m3's, 335i's, etc.

the only thing is you'd probably be the first n55 tuned there, which could be a great thing (possibly cheaper rates so they get experience w/ the n55). they're pretty experienced in bmw's, they even tune x5 v8's lol
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #56
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
absolutely. any bmw since '01 or so could be tuned there. they've done m3's, 335i's, etc.

the only thing is you'd probably be the first n55 tuned there, which could be a great thing (possibly cheaper rates so they get experience w/ the n55). they're pretty experienced in bmw's, they even tune x5 v8's lol
Nice, hopefully I'll be sending my car to stett performance in a few weeks. They are going to use my car to make a FMIC, charge pipe, and CAI. I would love to have it tuned afterwards.

I just hate that everything is so far away for me
      11-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #57
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice, hopefully I'll be sending my car to stett performance in a few weeks. They are going to use my car to make a FMIC, charge pipe, and CAI. I would love to have it tuned afterwards.

I just hate that everything is so far away for me
yea, it'd be pretty worthwhile to get tuned even stock. if you'll be running the fmic, charge pipe, cai even better
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #58
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
yea, it'd be pretty worthwhile to get tuned even stock. if you'll be running the fmic, charge pipe, cai even better
So you think I should tune first or after, or both? lol
      11-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #59
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So you think I should tune first or after, or both? lol
with a custom dyno tune, you really should get tuned after you've done all the bolt-on mods you're going to run. it's not like a jb3 or procede that self adapts. dyno tuning is specific to your car and the mods you have on it. which is also why it's one of the best routes to go

i'm waiting to get a few more bolt-ons before i let ssa tune my car. until then, i'm running the procede
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #60
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
with a custom dyno tune, you really should get tuned after you've done all the bolt-on mods you're going to run. it's not like a jb3 or procede that self adapts. dyno tuning is specific to your car and the mods you have on it. which is also why it's one of the best routes to go

i'm waiting to get a few more bolt-ons before i let ssa tune my car. until then, i'm running the procede
I wonder if they can do different maps too. I would like one with race gas and meth :woot:
      11-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #61
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iNewb View Post
I checked your website store, but I dont see any items for the 135i. Can you give me more info ($$$) on your "canned" tune for stock 135s? It would be nice if you had a package that included a canned tune for a stock car and the flash tool. I wouldn't be suprised if it were a very big seller, as most people on the forums are looking for a sizable increase in power without voiding their warranty.

Most of the piggyback tuners land you in the 330whp range. Do you have any HP estimates for your canned tunes, and are there different stages of tunes?
I am not happy that this shop nor giac will answer my question about whether the dme records all of the boost levels. Giac avoided the question when I asked them also so that tells me that the dme does record them and it won't matter if you reflash the car to stock when u take it in for warranty because they will be able to see u messed with the programming of boost. The jb3 and the procede both mask the actual boost level to the dme so they cannot prove u modified the car.

Also, meth map won't be possible because the dme has no fail safe. This means u would be risking the motor if u turn up to higher boost level on pump because u are spraying meth. THESE 2 issues cause me to stay with piggy back.

AtLeast I know with piggy I can remove it and take in to bmw for warranty without them saying "we see in the dme you were running 15 psi and that is impossible without modifying programming".
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #62
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep

LOL

Uuu uuu uuu uuuuuu.. I just like how u looks when typed don't u? Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #63
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL

Uuu uuu uuu uuuuuu.. I just like how u looks when typed don't u? Lol
No.
      11-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #64
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep

Wink

Quote:
No.
Lighten up. Just Was kidding around and before that I was simply letting someone know he may have wrong information. He said that he wanted to flash back to stock to not lose the warranty and based on what I have been told and the fact that no flash tuner will answer my question, it looks like losing the warranty would be probable if he needed major warranty repair. I am glad I found this out before putting flash tune on my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #65
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
I am not happy that this shop nor giac will answer my question about whether the dme records all of the boost levels. Giac avoided the question when I asked them also so that tells me that the dme does record them and it won't matter if you reflash the car to stock when u take it in for warranty because they will be able to see u messed with the programming of boost. The jb3 and the procede both mask the actual boost level to the dme so they cannot prove u modified the car.

Also, meth map won't be possible because the dme has no fail safe. This means u would be risking the motor if u turn up to higher boost level on pump because u are spraying meth. THESE 2 issues cause me to stay with piggy back.

AtLeast I know with piggy I can remove it and take in to bmw for warranty without them saying "we see in the dme you were running 15 psi and that is impossible without modifying programming".
Yes I do believe that with a flash tune your DME stores all the relevant information such as the boost level. Not sure how you're supposed to hide 18psi from your dealer...

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #66
Ser1es
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Yes I do believe that with a flash tune your DME stores all the relevant information such as the boost level. Not sure how you're supposed to hide 18psi from your dealer...
Just say it came that way hahaha