BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Anyone on Turner motorsports monoball control arm?

Hi guys!

Anyone using the turner motorsports monorail control arm? haha my control arms are probably worn out and i'm thinking of changing to these, or to just go back to stock. Did some research and apparently the stock ones wear out pretty quick.

thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
Ewok
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [0.00]
Hey there ! I think these are the same stock m3 / 1m arms but with the
rubber bushings in the thrust arms switched with precision ball joints and machined aluminum housings - a little like the Dinan set - but at a much better price point.
I have also been thinking about the same upgrade - but it seems that for street driving, which is 90% of what I do ... this would not be such a big difference in drive feel.
Of course if yours are about to wear out , it makes perfect sense to just get them.. Don't think you would notice any more vibrations than what your SMF with SPEC clutch are already dishing out anyway eh ? =)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 02:11 AM   #3
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Get them. Turn in is greatly improved. Makes the car feel even more laser guided.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Hi guys!

Anyone using the turner motorsports monorail control arm? haha my control arms are probably worn out and i'm thinking of changing to these, or to just go back to stock. Did some research and apparently the stock ones wear out pretty quick.

thanks in advance!
If you are referring to the tension arm, you have many different options out there. Lately, the SPL monoball has been very popular for both the E8x/E9x and F8x M cars.

If you want something a bit softer, RE has the bushing version that falls between stock and monoball.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-j View Post
Get them. Turn in is greatly improved. Makes the car feel even more laser guided.

haha nice! sounds like theres a big noticeable difference compared to stock ones.

thanks for all the advice hot-j!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

I run the rogue engineering version of these mono balls. I run them with pretty much full poly bushings all around and honestly NVH is not bad at all. My tire noise is way worse.
      10-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #7
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I looked into them but they are longer than stock, adding 0.75 degrees negative camber. So, for me they would worsen my rubbing problem by pushing the front wheel outward. I am actually going to be increasing my ride height 2mm and increasing negative camber by about .2 degrees this off-season to eliminate a driver side fender rub.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0