BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #67
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
No worries MPower...I've got your number. You and I are WELL OVERDUE....its been weeks man.
No kidding. I thought that I was missing something the last week.
      11-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #68
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
And I will probably be in the minority view that the IS-F looks stupid.
No, I think pretty much everyone agrees with you. Bull nose, trendy fender vent, faux (!!!) exhaust pipes. It looks like ass. Which is amazing, since the IS350 is actually a nice looking car.

Who buys an IS-F instead of an M3, RS4, or C63? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #69
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
No, I think pretty much everyone agrees with you. Bull nose, trendy fender vent, faux (!!!) exhaust pipes. It looks like ass. Which is amazing, since the IS350 is actually a nice looking car.

Who buys an IS-F instead of an M3, RS4, or C63? :iono:
Trust me you guys are not the only that thinks the IS-F is ugly. Droopy nose, stupid side vents do not belong on a sedan, and the tail pipes the ugliest exhaust ever.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would buy an IS-F over a RS4, C63, or M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #70
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraymond View Post
gay, u gotta like all the turds that put deposit's down. This car won't move the meter with the masses. In fact, the masses will say, wtf is that stupid car? :iono:
Nice post. It's official: Arkensas is now America's slow lane... Can't wait to be enlightened by your previous 38 posts...

11-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #71
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
Finally someone understands that my views reign supreme! :biggrin:

(Yes, totally kidding. Like I said in my original post, your views will understandably differ.)
Difference in opinion is always good unless its malicious. You gave me many new perspectives on the car. :w00t: I personally would not buy a Sedona red either but for some reason I liked it at the show. Probably because I was so excited to finally see a 1 in person and was hyperventilating. The white M3s didn't help either.
      11-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #72
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I was taken off guard by the Sedona Red, it looked NOTHING like the pictures. And, Just as MPower put it, it had a lot of pink in it. It was on my small list of colors to consider, but it quickly fell off that list.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #73
EniLab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Sedona Red looks pink-ish under the neon lights only. This color needs to be seen in real-life conditions.

It looks very nice in the sun - very rich brick-like red.

While in the cloudy weather it looks kind a blood-like dark red.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #74
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Thanks Eni- many of us thought so, but the photos of the "pink effect" at LA were a bummer and confusing.
Why not post a photo of what you think Sedona Red typically looks like and settle this question?
:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #75
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
That IS odd Too bad we don't have one person who has seen Sedona under a bunch of different lighting conditions :frown: I, for one, actually put in ON my list after seeing it in the flesh. I didn't detect any pink at all, mostly deep red and copper-ish hues :iono:

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #76
duke87
Rep
Drives:

How is there someone in that car? After driving the 335i, and the old STI 06, I am satisfied that on a 15 minute test drive in both cars, the 335i has the better engine at the very least. Also I realized that at every stoplight someone wanted to race me in the STI. At a stop light in the 335i no one even it gave it a second look, this is exactly what I want and assume the 1er will be the same after the intial hype dies down.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #77
beatmstrj
There can be only 1.. 35
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M3

So yeah after seeing the sedona red at the show im pretty much in agreement with everyone else in saying it looks awful in person. I know the lighting wasnt ideal but isnt the lighting at these shows supposed to make everything look better??? I mean, I dont think I cringed at any other car colors at the show except the 135.

Also did anyone catch the outdoor IS-F mock drag race setup they had outside. While everyone seems to think the car is ugly I have to say I was pretty damn impressed with the sound of the car and the shifting was incredible! +1 for lexus on that. Its not even a double clutch!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #78
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

that IS-F is pretty terrible looking. the proportions are all messed up. a shame too cause the IS250/350 is really nice looking. they just slapped a bunch of crap on to it that ruined the design.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #79
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Just got back from the LA auto show. After all the reviews I didn’t know what to expect in terms of looks but I was pleasantly surprised. At first glance it is quite small, i would guess smaller or at least the same size as a civic. Another thing i noticed was how awful sedona red was. I wish there was another color b/c it wasn’t doing it for me. Other than that i though it looked pretty good. Maybe not as aggressive as it appears in some shots, and I could see how some ppl might say it's 'cute'. That being said the looks turned me on even more..I think im gunna hold out and see what happens with the Tii b/c I think it need some more aggressive cues.

Overall it gets a

ps the Nissan GT-R is amazing!! Along with the hyundai concept..ya i said hyundai!!!:eyebulge:
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 11:11 PM   #80
oneaabe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
Will they let you sit in the 135i LA show car?????:iono:

NO :iono:
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #81
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneaabe View Post
NO :iono:
That's total crap... All those asswipes from the car mags, who'll never buy the gawddamned car, have already tooled all over Sweden with it - and we, the consumers, can't sit in it at a car show???????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Total and utter pissoff...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #82
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
That's total crap... All those asswipes from the car mags, who'll never buy the gawddamned car, have already tooled all over Sweden with it - and we, the consumers, can't sit in it at a car show???????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Total and utter pissoff...
Wow, someone needs a little catnip!
Still - by the time we get to see it in Toronto, we'd better be allowed to sit in it or I too will be tres p.o.'d...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #83
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
Wow, someone needs a little catnip!
Still - by the time we get to see it in Toronto, we'd better to be allowed to sit in it or I too will be tres p.o.'d...
Yah, but I'll be at the LA Auto show this Saturday and it's a major disappointment to go all that way just to look at the exterior of the 1er coupe..:frown:
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #84
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Yeah, the exterior is pretty disappointing. But I don't know if seeing the interior will fix that. A dog's a dog.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 06:29 AM   #85
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I did not know that BMW North America kept you locked out of the 1er Coupe. As I said BMW North America. BMW AG wanted to showcase the Coupe along with it's Cabrio twin at Detroit in January. But BMW North America wanted something to show in LA. Whereas the official World Premiere was Frankfurt in September this was the offical USA introduction. along with the M3 Coupe and Sedan.

The initial plan was for BMW AG to unveil the M3 Cabrio at LA but because of development and marketing delays this will now be revealed at the beginning of next month.
BMW will also focus it's big news for the world market in Detroit in the new year rather than LA. When the 1er Cabrio along with the World Premiere of the BMW X6 which will be media released next week will debut.

Even the BMW X6 Concept Cars are surprisingly not seen in LA but are showing currently at the Dubai autoshow alongside the Concept CS.

The Concept 1er Tii will be shown at Essen.

Only 134 miles (translated) on the clock but loving this car every second.

That makes some sense. Considering that Detroit's Auto show is far bigger and more international manufacturers attend. Booths in LA are very small compared to the extravaganza that takes place in the Motor City.

Do you thinks that was a teazer? Since Cali is probably BMW's biggest market, yet the display for the "release" was minimal. I would expect a bigger showing with multiple 135i's in different configuration open to the public with perhaps a Concept Tii revolving as the centerpiece...? :iono:

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #86
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I did not know that BMW North America kept you locked out of the 1er Coupe. As I said BMW North America. BMW AG wanted to showcase the Coupe along with it's Cabrio twin at Detroit in January. But BMW North America wanted something to show in LA. Whereas the official World Premiere was Frankfurt in September this was the offical USA introduction. along with the M3 Coupe and Sedan.

The initial plan was for BMW AG to unveil the M3 Cabrio at LA but because of development and marketing delays this will now be revealed at the beginning of next month.
BMW will also focus it's big news for the world market in Detroit in the new year rather than LA. When the 1er Cabrio along with the World Premiere of the BMW X6 which will be media released next week will debut.

Even the BMW X6 Concept Cars are surprisingly not seen in LA but are showing currently at the Dubai autoshow alongside the Concept CS.

The Concept 1er Tii will be shown at Essen.

Only 134 miles (translated) on the clock but loving this car every second.
So, you got one as a "daily" drive?

Let us know more, how is compared to 5 door version?
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #87
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZweierCoupe View Post
I appreciate that last photo, with the close-up view of the rear diffuser, highlighting the dissonance between the metallic red and matte gray of the diffuser. Unfortunately, no body color really goes well with it. It's almost as if though BMW were trying to make an in-your-face point like: "gee look folks, we've added a sport-looking and functional aerodynamic diffuser feature in the rear of this little car too". I wonder how many months it will take before BMW decides to simply paint it in the car's exterior color, or at least give customers the option to match its color. This color dissonance reminds me of the early E36 coupé models, which also had a dark gray bottom all along the perimeter, on all four sides; or of the carbon fiber side air scoops of the Audi R8. I think if BMW had introduced the 135i in Alpine White and with a painted diffuser, of course, we wouldn't be reading as many reports in this thread of guys who were disappointed by the real thing at the LA show. My opinion is that this was a tactical blunder by the marketing folks -- along with their decision not to feature this new coupé at the introduction of BMW Welt. Indeed, Alpine White isn't even a legitimate option yet for this model on the BMW car configurator, at their German web site.
Well, if you dont like the different colour rear diffuser, get the car without M package and those hatchbacks that have the same part painted (with M package) look awful compared with one with that darker non-painted one.
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #88
ZweierCoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Diffuser Color: Give customers the choice, just as with so many other options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convertible View Post
Well, if you dont like the different colour rear diffuser, get the car without M package and those hatchbacks that have the same part painted (with M package) look awful compared with one with that darker non-painted one.
The issue shouldn't be about forcing people to get it it this way but about giving the customer the choice to get it in the manner they like. If some people think the diffuser looks great in plastic gray that's fine, and if others want it in the body paint they should have that option. Handling the logistics for providing this choice is no big deal for BMW. Providing the choice also gives BMW additional information about what people like or prefer. If, say, 95% of ciustomers would want the diffusers painted in body color, then the currently intended alternative, namely forcing everyone to get it in gray, would be proven to have been a bad decision.
Appreciate 0