BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Temming
Rep
Drives:

North Texas Autocross (Sat, 5/30/09)

Greetings,

I wanted to let everyone know about one of the best and least expensive autocross's in North Texas (at Mineral Well). The cost is $30 and you will get 8 hot laps and as many ride alongs as you want. This event is put on by the North Texas Autocross Series. Click here for details: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=697090

I have been autocrossing three to five times a year now for the last six years. In my estimation, it is one of the most enjoyable and safest auto sports around. I highly recommend that people autocross before doing high speed track event at a location such as MSR. It will teach you how to drive your car, give you a serious adrenlene rush, give you a chance to learn how to control your car at it's limits and help you understand your limits with minimal risk to life and car.

FAQ's
What is an Autocross - Autocross events such as this event are low to medium speed auto racing events that allow you to enjoy your car at or near it's limits in as safe a manner as possible; they are often run on parking lots and airport runways. Generally a course will be defined using traffic cones. One driver at a time negotiates a course laid out with the cones, or pylons, testing their skill against the clock. Time penalties are charged for disturbing cones. In most regions, the penalty is 2 seconds per cone, although in some places it may be 1 second. Course speeds are generally limited by technical challenges to around 70mph.

Why Autocross - There are lots of reasons. Autocross is an inexpensive, safe way to experience the excitment of true racing. It helps you discover your car's capabilities and limitations, making you a better, safer driver on the road. And it develops your own driving ability. Many would-be race drivers use it as a jump point into the sport of road racing. But probably the greatest thrill of autocross is the challenge of beating your own time.

Hope you can join me at this event. I would like to see more 135's at this event than we have had recently. You can't beat the value or experience anywhere.

Take Care,

'08 135i Convertible (Blk/Blk/Blk - Premium - Sport - Nav - Cold Weather - iPod - Comfort)
'06 RR Supercharged Sport (Blk/Blk, Loaded)
'00 S2000 - Supercharged (1st Topless Love)

II Kings 9:20
Appreciate 0