BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
DakarDoug
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i Coupe

Help! Squealing Pads

Ok, I have had my 135i to the dealer twice now for squealing brakes. Both times they cleaned the brakes and sent my happy ass home. Both times the squealing started about a day after the dealer visit. What can be done about this? I get a lot of dust and even think the dust has done some permanent damage to the wheel surfaces. Sort of frustrating and embarrassing too. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The OE pads can give off a lot of brake dust, and I have heard a few instances where the OE pads tend to squeak a bit here and there... One solution is to go with some Cool Carbon pads because they give off about 1/3 of the brake dust compared to the OE pads once you bed them. There is virtually no noise when using these pads too.
Appreciate 0