BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

BMW i3 Concept Coupé: presented in Valencia Orange ?

Saw the BMW i3 Concept Coupé post of today on Bimmerpost:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774978

Looks like Valencia Orange to me. Or is it Inka Orange ?

If it's VO, then BMW continues to make the color available to even more cars than its 1M, F20 1er or X1.

BMW never stated that VO would be exclusively/limited to the 1M, but raised the impression.

As a matter of fact, VO was initially even supposed to merely remain a 1M test mule color only:
"Why Valencia Orange?
Ironically, the 1M was first presented to Dr. Segler in Valencia Orange and it was so good that the color made it to the production model. As a fun fact, we observed Dr. Segler was wearing a new Rolex Milgauss which had a black dial with orange second hand and dash marks. True love for the color scheme…"
(source: http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/01/21/bm...-need-to-know/)
Name:  BMW_i3_Concept_Coupe.jpg
Views: 3201
Size:  91.8 KB
Name:  BMW_i3_Concept_Coupe_2.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  83.5 KB
Name:  BMW_i3_Concept_Coupe_3.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  97.9 KB
      11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Nice find!!

Its hard to tell what color this is. Perhaps when someone see's the i3 in person we will know. Looks like this i3 coupe will be at the LA auto show. There are some more photos on the Bimmerpost.com front page...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774978
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
I dunno about the i3, but I am seeing a lot of X1s in Valencia Orange. It appears to be a popular choice amongst SAV buyers. I personally don't like it on the X1 and think they should've kept it exclusive to the 1///M, but BMW obviously decided otherwise...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I dunno about the i3, but I am seeing a lot of X1s in Valencia Orange. It appears to be a popular choice amongst SAV buyers. I personally don't like it on the X1 and think they should've kept it exclusive to the 1///M, but BMW obviously decided otherwise...
In fact, it just doesn't look that good on any other BMW, not yet at least. So it kind of belongs to 1M, whoever chooses it for whatever other model can't change it
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
In fact, it just doesn't look that good on any other BMW, not yet at least. So it kind of belongs to 1M, whoever chooses it for whatever other model can't change it
Agreed

Yet here is another X1 in VO, this time the "K2 Special Edition". BMW is coming out with more special/limited editions than there are Betty Crocker recipes...

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775499
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Artemis
Rep

BMW keeps milking the Valencia Orange color: after the 1M (VO pioneer), the F20 1er, the X1 and the i3 Coupé Concept, now also the new Z4 LCI facelift gets the VO treatment, wait, make that "Orange Galore":

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782431
"Striking touches: new paint finishes, Hyper Orange Design package, a new alloy wheel and the M Sport package.
A total of 11 external paint finishes are available for the new BMW Z4, including the new Mineral Grey metallic, Glacier Silver metallic and Valencia Orange metallic, which can only be ordered together with the Hyper Orange package. This new aesthetic/design package lends the Roadster a lively aura; the interior, for example, boasts an energy-charged contrast of black and orange. The bespoke Alcantara door panel trim, like the lower section of the instrument panel, comes in orange. The black leather seats have contrast stitching in Valencia Orange and an accent stripe running down the central section of the backrests and seat cushions. This stripe is likewise orange and is flanked by two thin white lines. The door panel trim and lower section of the instrument panel can also be specified in black as an option. Another exclusive element of the Hyper Orange package is the metal weave trim strip, which can be combined with further decorative elements in high-gloss black for the door openers and the gearshift or selector lever. This new Design package replaces the previously available Citrus Yellow Package and is also available in combination with other exterior paint colors as an option."
      12-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BMW keeps milking the Valencia Orange color: after the 1M (VO pioneer), the F20 1er, the X1 and the i3 Coupé Concept, now also the new Z4 LCI facelift gets the VO treatment, wait, make that "Orange Galore":

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782431
"Striking touches: new paint finishes, Hyper Orange Design package, a new alloy wheel and the M Sport package.
A total of 11 external paint finishes are available for the new BMW Z4, including the new Mineral Grey metallic, Glacier Silver metallic and Valencia Orange metallic, which can only be ordered together with the Hyper Orange package. This new aesthetic/design package lends the Roadster a lively aura; the interior, for example, boasts an energy-charged contrast of black and orange. The bespoke Alcantara door panel trim, like the lower section of the instrument panel, comes in orange. The black leather seats have contrast stitching in Valencia Orange and an accent stripe running down the central section of the backrests and seat cushions. This stripe is likewise orange and is flanked by two thin white lines. The door panel trim and lower section of the instrument panel can also be specified in black as an option. Another exclusive element of the Hyper Orange package is the metal weave trim strip, which can be combined with further decorative elements in high-gloss black for the door openers and the gearshift or selector lever. This new Design package replaces the previously available Citrus Yellow Package and is also available in combination with other exterior paint colors as an option."
Yet another pointless Z4 edition and still VO does not match it perfectly imo, but of course better than a X1! I think BSM or mineral white are the best colors for Z4s.

Did you guys check the photo gallery and notice the seats? Those leather/alcantara seats, now with orange stripe is the kind of treatment 1M should have from the factory. I would personally choose a slightly smaller size for that VO stripe but it looks like almost made for the 1M or maybe I was hoping something like that before 1M was revealed. Still thinking that if I keep the car long enough, and after original leather wears a bit to justify a change, a good upholstery shop can replace the seat back and sitting areas with matching alcantara with a VO stripe. I like the seats of the 1M by the way, don't feel the need to go for performance seats etc.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Artemis
Rep

Received an e-mail today of BMW to discover the new Z4.

The e-mail features pictures of the Z4 in - surprise, surprise - Valencia Orange.