BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
Desert X5
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Shipping GCC Bmer from UAE to US

Has anyone been successful shipping BMW's from the UAe to the US?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

As far as I know, I don't think so.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View
Rep
Drives:

i have couple of friends in the US from UAE and Bahrain with ther GCC spec'd cars. You can ship cars nearly everywhere without major problems.

Can you be more clearer? Are you asking if ther are problems? Change/mods/parts to suit the law there?

Non of these will be a problem, as far as i know, they will let you keep the car there until your student/visitor Visa expires ( in some states ), and some other parts of the country will let u keep the car for 6 months only, then you need to renew the car's visit by shipping it to another country and back, or take it for a drive up to Montreal or down to Mexico and back to the states for another 6 months renewal.

Some states will also be anal about the year model. Do a google search on '' shipping a car to the states '' or something like, then search for the state you wanna ship your car to, and also, some states will not allow you to sell the car there.
      03-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
laki737
The one who flies is worthy!
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe

FTA

There is a so called Free Trade Agreament between GCC countries and US, so as far as I know importing a vehicle from US keeps U exempted from taxing. Should be the same other way around. This applies for guds produced in same countries only, like ur X5! My experience comes from importing my US made Honda motorcycle. RoRo vessel trip for ur car would cost U somwhere between $2000-2500 max including the insurance. Gud luck
Appreciate 0