BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Chris609
Rep
Drives:

What is the timeline with concept / production versions??

Haven't gone thorugh all the posts here but is there an expected timeline with the debut of a concept or a production version of this car? Will we just get a surprise unveiling of the car at some upcoming show soon?

And when will this thing actually be in the showrooms and available for deliveries?

thanx
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

The production version has been speculated to be released at the end of this year or early 08.

add yourself to my page!!! http://www.myspace.com/bmw2series
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
DTC
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
The production version has been speculated to be released at the end of this year or early 08.
I'm hoping we'll see BMW show the cabrio or coupe at the Frankfurt show (in Sept?). Geneva (next month) is probably too soon for us to see anything. We'll probably see the M3 there instead. Just super excited that we see the coupe is a real thing now
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
bryan@mwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC View Post
I'm hoping we'll see BMW show the cabrio or coupe at the Frankfurt show (in Sept?). Geneva (next month) is probably too soon for us to see anything. We'll probably see the M3 there instead. Just super excited that we see the coupe is a real thing now
My BMW contacts essentially said the same thing. No coupe at Geneva, just the facelifted 5-door and new 3-door, though I suspect we may also see the introduction of the 135i. Expect the 1 Series coupe to bow at Frankfurt in September and probably make its North American debut at Los Angeles in December.
      02-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
aMetalhead
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@mwerks View Post
My BMW contacts essentially said the same thing. No coupe at Geneva, just the facelifted 5-door and new 3-door, though I suspect we may also see the introduction of the 135i. Expect the 1 Series coupe to bow at Frankfurt in September and probably make its North American debut at Los Angeles in December.
Not bad at all.. at least we'll be seeing it this year. Together with the M3 set to make its splash in the middle part of this year, there should be no shortage of exciting BMW news and photos in '07 :roundel:
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
robag
Rep
Drives: BMW

Once you see a car in this full production form with just tape camoflague that means the car is very close to production, I would say they will have a factory tooled up and ready to produce the car in about 6-8 months, its all about when the marketing allows this car to go forward at this point!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionbmw View Post
Once you see a car in this full production form with just tape camoflague that means the car is very close to production, I would say they will have a factory tooled up and ready to produce the car in about 6-8 months, its all about when the marketing allows this car to go forward at this point!
Any clue where the car will be manufactured?
Appreciate 0