BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
epecon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Deposit Needed?

I definitely want in on a 135 but it wont be until late summer 2008. Is there any need for me to put down a deposit? If not, at what point should I approach the dealer? The last thing I want to do is show my interest too soon to a dealer but I also realize that there wont be a lot of bargaining in the 1st year production of the 135.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
135idrive
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

By late summer 08 your dealer should be on there 2nd or 3rd allotment, so he may have 1ers on the lot. I'd say no reason to putting money down, just wait till you see the 135 you want and make an offer. Depending on how many dealers you have in your area, you may have more choices. The up side is you will be paying less & have more choices than the rest of us poor suckers on 1 or more wait lists now. Just my guess, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

As a dealer ill say this.. The people that order wont pay much more if anything different to those who wait a couple of allotments. Remember that there's little profit margine in these cars to start with (BMW rarely does "cash back" etc, etc.) so i honestly think there will be a market value dicount on the car and that'll run true from start to finish.
Just my two cents.. My two cents.. dont bother putting a deposit down, just pay attention to the inventory as there are ALWAYS a few deals that "fall over" I bet if you wait and see there will be a couple available for you to look at..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
135idrive
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the input 'kiwi'. I only mention paying less later because many of the dealers here "SF Bay Area" are planning to add dealer markups on the original release. We'll see if that's true in a few months. I look forward to hearing more from your 'inside perspective' in the future. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
epecon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for all the input. My preferred car would be Monaco Blue or Sparkling Graphite with Terra interior. Do you think that 135s with Terra interior will be on the dealer lots?
Appreciate 0