E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP! before do final paper work

09-09-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
kidd0223
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

HELP! before do final paper work

Well...to make a long story short, I negotiated with one dealer by e-mail. WE agreed final purchasing number and it was calculated under old invoice price. I didn't start ordering from a sketchy but ordered the one in transit, which has production date of 8/9/05. Dealer told me it would expect to be delivered by 9/15/05, so like two weeks ago I went to dealership to place safety deposit for the car on the way. However, salesguy told me I didn't have to put some amount for deposit cause , according to what he said, I am considered serious buyer. And he gave me 'vehicle inquiry report' upon my request, which contains every information about the car and there's words like priority 1- customer "sold"
customer: my name
Today i got an e-mail from him and suddenly he mentioned price increase as of sep. 1 and said my car also will be applied this new price increase, sending me same sort of 'vehicle inquiry report' with just different wholesale price indicated.
Do I really need to pay price difference? I'm not sure how the price increase would be applied. Is it for since september production car? or in all cases once the car hit the lot after sep. 1 ?
Even though I had to pay for difference, didn't he have to mention it when I was there? The change announced by BMW NA way back in days, so I don't think he just acknowledged it today.
It's my first BMW, so I'm being so confused. any word from you guys would be really appreciated.
By the way, I have old invoice price and his e-mail about numbers.
HELP ME !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 03:17 AM   #2
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
from what i understand the only cars that were grandfathered in with old pricing were cars that were to arrive BEFORE Sept. 1st OR if you confirmed the order with your dealer by July 20th.

my car arrived after sept. 1st but i dodged the price increase because i locked in the order on july 18th.

hope that helps.
      09-09-2005, 04:27 AM   #3
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i + SC Mustang

According to my dealer, the price goes up if you Take Delivery after September 1st. However, he knocked the price down to $500 over the old invoice price. Supposedly, they can do that in many circumstances, since if you order a car and dealer just changes one of their cars waiting production, the dealer confirmed well before July... . Regardless, I know myself and other people who've gotten the break from the dealer...I'd push the issue.
      09-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
kidd0223
Private
Rep

well

Now I understand my car is applied to price increase. But what I can't take is salesguy suddenly came up with new price increase. Even when I was there two weeks ago, he gave me old one printed. Did he really notifiy it from BMW NA after my visit? I highly doubt it. Paying little more isn't a big issue at this point, but his sudden, late change of his commitment makes me feel bad. What should I do? I really don't want to find another dealer and waiting starts again. Then I just have to pay more for difference? what woud you guys do?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #5
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Personally, I wouldn't care whether there was a price increase or not. You negotiated a price with the salesman and he needs to honor it. On the other hand, nothing's really final until you sign the papers and hand over your money.

Chances are if you walk and go buy it somewhere else you'll still end up paying it, but I'd still push the issue and make them honor the original price. I'd also let them know I'd walk on principle alone because they're hitting you with this after the price was negotiated and agreed upon.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Take the original quote, as well as the inquiry report with your name on it, and the date, and ask to see the sales manager.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #7
Atty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 48i M-Sport

Garage List
That should resolve the issue.

If you need to take it further, the next step would be filing a complaint with the CA attorney general's office:

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

If they respond to your complaint, you will need to provide them with as much detail (including documentation showing the agreed upon price). If you never rec'd any doc with pricing on it, you will have a tougher time.

Finally - local tv news stations usually have consumer report hotlines, might try calling them.

Good luck.
      09-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #8
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
The term "prices are subject to change without notice" applies here, and I can almost guarantee that is written somewhere. You could probably get your deposit back, but that's about it. The dealer is no more in control of price increases than you are. They may have "conviniently" neglected to inform you of the impending increase, figuring you wouldn't back out once the anticipation kicked in. If they refused to give you back your deposit, you could then threaten them with some action and I'm sure they would cave in. But you have to real grounds to get the car at the lower price without a firm contract or bill of sale, etc.

IMHO, take the hit for the increase and enjoy your car. It's worth it. Make the salesman feel guilty and maybe they'll toss in an extra or two (accessories, etc.)

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #9
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

seems to me there might be a breach of contract there unless it says bmw has the right to change...blah blah, i agree with ledzep, get them to throw in some goodies because the car was marked sold and the report is dated before the price increase
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
I agree with everyone to ask for some free accessories.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #11
kidd0223
Private
Rep

Thank you for you guys kind advice. I guess I would end up getting free accesary coupon from salesguy as you guys advised. Well, I could have push the issue harder, but not feeling it. I just want to drive as soon as possible. That's about it. !!!
Appreciate 0