BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Talking Unveiling My 2011 VO 1M!

Back in early July, I started to seriously consider buying an M3. I've wanted one for a long time, so I started looking around and found that my local dealer had a 2009 Black M3 for sale which would have been perfect for me. I went to go test drive it, and I liked it enough that I wanted to buy it. While talking with the CA at the dealer, I found out that the dealership was entitled to one of BMW's latest M models, the 1M. I didn't know much about it, other than having read a magazine article about the car. They already had it ordered with every option, and had a printout showing their production order. The color was orange. This worried me. So, I agreed to put some money down on the car. I figured that if I didn't like the 1M because of the color, or whatever reason, I could always put it towards the M3. Then I went home. Over the next few weeks, I started learning about this car, how amazing it is, and what it can do. I feel bad for all the people that have known about it and had to wait so much longer than myself, but the time I waited seemed like eternity. I read and researched everything I could about the car, and everything I found made me want it even more. I tracked the production, the shipping, and the preparation.

After waiting what seemed like forever, my car finally made it to my dealer last week. It took them a few days to get it PDI'ed and prepped. They wanted to do an unveiling for the car since there aren't so many around to be had, so we did it last Saturday. They invited all the members of the local BMW car club to bring their M cars and compete in a competition for prizes. They also had complimentary breakfast and tables setup for everyone that attended. Everyone there was very happy to see the car in all of it's glory and I received many compliments and kind words . They were also generous enough to put an M3, my 1M, and a 135 up on the lifts in the service department and allow everyone to walk underneath them all to compare the cars and see the pretty M logo on all the parts underneath .

What sucks is that I had travel arrangements to leave the US early Saturday morning. I was able to rearrange my plans so that I could leave in the afternoon, but this meant I had to go straight to the airport. I only had a few hours with the car on Friday. I loved every single second in it. There are some cool bridges connecting Clearwater from across the bay over to Tampa that were perfect for the occasion. Having had extremely high expectations for this car after every video and picture I seen of it while I waited did not leave a SINGLE ounce of disappointment in me when I drove it. It met all of my demands plus way, way more. I wish that I could articulate how amazing this car is, but I cannot. You just have to drive it to understand.

I'm still on the road and I miss the car so much, but I thought I would share the video my friend took during the unveiling so you could share the excitement. This is my first BMW and I'm sure I will not be disappointed.

I could not be happier with the overall experience. Big thanks to Geo and Paul at Ferman BMW! Paul took care of my car keys from the time it came off the truck until ...well, he still has them! Nobody was allowed anywhere near the car except the master mechanic. Even I jokingly had a hard time getting the keys to take it for a spin .I wanted my car to stay in the showroom while I'm out of town so I'll have enough time to store it properly when I get back instead of leaving it outdoors. Paul was kind enough to ride with me to the airport so I could have one last ride in it and take it back to the dealership for me while I'm away. Geo was great to work with and I will definitely count on him in the future when my thirst for something else somehow develops, if it ever does.

Here are the videos and pics. Enjoy!

Last edited by SuperSig; 12-10-2013 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Dude congratulations!!

I saw the 1M listed on Autotrader and called about it in early August. I spoke with Scott at the dealership, and he said that he didn't think it was claimed. I told him that I wanted to be first in line on their waiting list for ED, and he said he would call me back with information.

Scott never called me back. I tried calling him a few times and every time he said that he didn't have any information and was still waiting to find out. Looks like they already had a buyer and a bunch of people on their waiting list. So when you go to finally take real delivery of you car, have a few words with "Scott" for me.

That's awesome that the manager took such good care of your car. I can only hope the dealership I have my deposit with will do the same. I am not getting very many warm, fuzzy feelings from them.

Dude congrats again!
      08-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Now that's an awesome unveiling party. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 23 X5 45e

Congrats! Now that's the best dealer delivery yet
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

So that's what the premium went to, lol. Glad you got a party out of it!

But seriously, congrats! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post

Might be worth it!!

What a great story, one im sure he'll carry forever. Congrats! ANd welcome to BMW.

My guess, he's a lifer now.

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

Very cool. Thanks for posting the story and all the pictures of the delivery. Quite a party.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
Dude congratulations!!

I saw the 1M listed on Autotrader and called about it in early August. I spoke with Scott at the dealership, and he said that he didn't think it was claimed. I told him that I wanted to be first in line on their waiting list for ED, and he said he would call me back with information.

Scott never called me back. I tried calling him a few times and every time he said that he didn't have any information and was still waiting to find out. Looks like they already had a buyer and a bunch of people on their waiting list. So when you go to finally take real delivery of you car, have a few words with "Scott" for me.

That's awesome that the manager took such good care of your car. I can only hope the dealership I have my deposit with will do the same. I am not getting very many warm, fuzzy feelings from them.

Dude congrats again!

Thanks man. Yes, I noticed that my very car was posted on Autotrader and I was furious. The day I found out about it, I went in to speak to the GM asking him why my car, that I had a significant amount of money down on, was published on autotrader, matching VIN and all. He explained he wasn't not sure why that happened, and it was probably the dealership's advertising system. Since I had not finalized the paperwork for the car yet, it was considered "inventory" and was automatically publicized by their marketing software. He had it taken down immediately...

He went on to explain that always happens but nobody really notices when they buy any other model, 3 or 5 series.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure who Scott is. The people I dealt with were professional and took care of me, as well as addressed the various concerns that arised during the purchase of my car, so I'm very happy.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
Might be worth it!!

What a great story, one im sure he'll carry forever. Congrats! ANd welcome to BMW.

My guess, he's a lifer now.

Thank you so much. I have a feeling that you are right, even only with a few hours on the road with this amazing machine!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep

By the way, if any of you were there that day, I got a lot of business cards and phone numbers and they're still at home, so let me know here.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secursig View Post
Thanks man. Yes, I noticed that my very car was posted on Autotrader and I was furious. The day I found out about it, I went in to speak to the GM asking him why my car, that I had a significant amount of money down on, was published on autotrader, matching VIN and all. He explained he wasn't not sure why that happened, and it was probably the dealership's advertising system. Since I had not finalized the paperwork for the car yet, it was considered "inventory" and was automatically publicized by their marketing software. He had it taken down immediately...

He went on to explain that always happens but nobody really notices when they buy any other model, 3 or 5 series.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure who Scott is. The people I dealt with were professional and took care of me, as well as addressed the various concerns that arised during the purchase of my car, so I'm very happy.
Seems like you had a great experience. I have family that lives in St. Pete, so if I ever move back I would deal with this dealership. I'll just avoid "Scott"
      08-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Congrats. Nice pics and great photo of the undercarriage
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #13
davett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Huracan,'11 1M, '10 GT-R

Garage List
2010 Nissan GT-R  [8.40]
2008 M3  [0.00]
2009 Carrera 4S  [0.00]
2007 Porsche  [0.00]
Congrats and thanks for the pics and video, looks like it was a great event

'15 Huracan,
'14 Q5 TDI
'14 R8, '11 1 Series M,'10 Nissan GT-R,'10 GT3 , '09 911 turbo , '08 M3 sold
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Z4Mr
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M ETA JAN 2012

Enjoyed the post!
Cheers and enjoy!
Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post

LOL that's an expensive party...my friend over here fed the dealer staff for a week!

Regardless, car is worth every penny!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
LOL that's an expensive party...my friend over here fed the dealer staff for a week!

I agree. It really is amazing, not just looking, but amazing to drive!!

It certainly was a step in the right direction for me. This is my second new car. I'm coming from a 2008 black Acura TL type S. It sure is nice to have rear wheel drive!! Now that I don't live up north in the damn snow, who needs FWD ?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
SuperSig
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post

Right,

at least I have something to show for it other than the car itself, although I would have done it party or no party. I was just glad I was able to share my excitement with a bunch of people that appreciate the cars the way we all do here. All these people have M's of some sort. It was cool to see them all parked on the lot!
Appreciate 0