E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Is it a good business practice...

View Poll Results: Is it OK for your CA to question your sincerity for not giving him all 5's.
Yes,it's OK. 17 20.00%
No,it's a bad business practice. 68 80.00%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

06-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Is it a good business practice...

Please vote.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Is what a good business practice?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
are you trying to create a poll because it's not working.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

no this is not good business practice
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I vote maybe.

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
Greek_Boy
Rep
Drives: Lancia Dedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
no this is not good business practice
I disagree with you
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

I think he's out of business......
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #8
ward
Major General
Rep

oh yeah the poll's up now

any time you give your SA or CA less than 5's you're taking money out of his/her pocket. They'd have to do something pretty messed up to me and show no attempt to fix it for me to give anything less than a 5.

It's a relationship, if you're hurting their checkbook do you think they're going to take very good care of you????

If I had a customer that had cost me $$$ before i would make it damn difficult for them to come back.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Sorry about the delay,You can vote now.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
dkizerian
Digital Ruler
Rep
Drives: 325i AW/Terra

Quote:
It's a relationship, if you're hurting their checkbook do you think they're going to take very good care of you????

If I had a customer that had cost me $$$ before i would make it damn difficult for them to come back.
I think the attitude is wrong. You're making the SA money, they're not entitled to the full amount unless they deserve it. Its like getting crappy service at a restaurant, and having the waitstaff get mad at you for giving less than %15....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

When I went to pick up my vehicle I set up an appointment and arrived on time. My SA was either attempting to make a sale or finalizing one because he told me to wait in the lobby and I sat there for 45 minutes. He could have at least let me check out the car while he was talking with the other customer, but instead I sat anxiously for almost an hour until I could even see my new car. He didn't show me anything about the settings such as setting up the automatic door locks or the memory seat recall. He wasn't really sure how the comfort access worked and I had to figure it out when I got home. He also didn't show me how to open my gas cap which was pretty embarassing the first time that I had to fill up.

Now, that doesn't mean he "failed" really, but on a 1-5 scale that is not a 5.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #12
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I gave my CA all 5's because he deserved it,not because I was affraid the dealership was going to put me on their shit list,just a matter of principles.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
When I went to pick up my vehicle I set up an appointment and arrived on time. My SA was either attempting to make a sale or finalizing one because he told me to wait in the lobby and I sat there for 45 minutes. He could have at least let me check out the car while he was talking with the other customer, but instead I sat anxiously for almost an hour until I could even see my new car. He didn't show me anything about the settings such as setting up the automatic door locks or the memory seat recall. He wasn't really sure how the comfort access worked and I had to figure it out when I got home. He also didn't show me how to open my gas cap which was pretty embarassing the first time that I had to fill up.

Now, that doesn't mean he "failed" really, but on a 1-5 scale that is not a 5.
I totally agree with you,but I'm sure some here think you should've given him all 5's then later talk it out so he can still get his bonus.To me that defeats the purpose of a review.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #14
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkizerian
I think the attitude is wrong. You're making the SA money, they're not entitled to the full amount unless they deserve it. Its like getting crappy service at a restaurant, and having the waitstaff get mad at you for giving less than %15....

if you tip a server at a restaurant poorly aren't you going to be a bit scared that you're going to get a fat booger in your burger next time???

if you're going to be a regular at any place of business it's going to be in your best interests for the employees to like you, or at least to not dislike you.

if you give less than 5's on a regular basis, they will learn who you are, and will treat you worse and/or not serve you or your car at all.

they do have the right to refuse service.......
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #15
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
if you tip a server at a restaurant poorly aren't you going to be a bit scared that you're going to get a fat booger in your burger next time???

if you're going to be a regular at any place of business it's going to be in your best interests for the employees to like you, or at least to not dislike you.

if you give less than 5's on a regular basis, they will learn who you are, and will treat you worse and/or not serve you or your car at all.

they do have the right to refuse service.......
Unless you have the battered woman syndrome,why do you want to be a regular at any place of business,if you get poor service in the first place prompting you not to tip well?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #16
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

this is ridiculous. Is it okay for them ASK? Yes, if it helps them to improve for next time, and wanted feedback in order to do so. Is it okay for them to ask with a tone or intention that shows they are mad about what they got? NO.

Don't worry about what you give them, be fair. If they don't get paid unless they get all 5's, so beit. Its business. If the system is screwy, it will correct itself, or fail. If BMW designed the system to give superior service, and the dealership's employees are not rendering superior service, this will make them think twice next time.

Now if something is beyond control, then you should not dock them for that. But if you see that service was rendered poorly, and there does not seem to be any logical rationale behind this other than a fault of the employee, then yes, dock them for that. I, for one, don't rate these things starting at 5 and then work my way down. I start at the middle, say 3, and then work my way up or down based upon the service rendered.

How many more threads are there going to be like this? No offense to the OP, but why do people even care.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #17
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
this is ridiculous. Is it okay for them ASK? Yes, if it helps them to improve for next time, and wanted feedback in order to do so. Is it okay for them to ask with a tone or intention that shows they are mad about what they got? NO.

Don't worry about what you give them, be fair. If they don't get paid unless they get all 5's, so beit. Its business. If the system is screwy, it will correct itself, or fail. If BMW designed the system to give superior service, and the dealership's employees are not rendering superior service, this will make them think twice next time.

Now if something is beyond control, then you should not dock them for that. But if you see that service was rendered poorly, and there does not seem to be any logical rationale behind this other than a fault of the employee, then yes, dock them for that. I, for one, don't rate these things starting at 5 and then work my way down. I start at the middle, say 3, and then work my way up or down based upon the service rendered.

How many more threads are there going to be like this? No offense to the OP, but why do people even care.
No offense taken at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

I would much rather have my CA take a second to explain how the rating system worked and then ask if there was anything he could do to make sure I was a satisfied customer. It would be far better than them just expecting 5's, not getting them cause of the screwed up system, and then complaining to me about it.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #19
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Some of these threads where all of you guys/gals are worrying about the dealer scores are starting to make me think that i'm an a55hole, b/c i really could care less what i give them. I just give what is fair thats it. Some of you guys seem to really feel sorry for them. I don't. I gave my guy mostly 4's, and one 3 and one 2. No biggie. He got what he deserved, period. He didn't contact me about it, and i still got the generic xmas card. If he did contact me, I would tell him point blank why i rated him the way I did. If he had a problem with that, I could care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy
No offense taken at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #20
quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Some of these threads where all of you guys/gals are worrying about the dealer scores are starting to make me think that i'm an a55hole, b/c i really could care less what i give them. I just give what is fair thats it. Some of you guys seem to really feel sorry for them. I don't. I gave my guy mostly 4's, and one 3 and one 2. No biggie. He got what he deserved, period. He didn't contact me about it, and i still got the generic xmas card. If he did contact me, I would tell him point blank why i rated him the way I did. If he had a problem with that, I could care less.
We're both saying the same thing using different words.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #21
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
you're certainly entitled to rate them how you see fit

I think they're so vocal about asking for 5's because any normal system would consider a 4 to be pretty damn good... but here it's a fail

TL, you failed your CA/SA and cost him/her $$, and you were fortunate enough to get an advisor who isn't a prick and calls everyone who fails him/her.

There's nothing "wrong" with what you did, but if you and me were at the same dealer and we were both in a hurry I'd guarantee my car'd be a higher priority for the dealer to finish.

These poor folks working to serve us at the dealer don't make a ton of money and I don't see any reason to penalize their bonus unless they really make me mad AND the manager is unable or unwilling to make it right.

I figure if I take care of them, they'll take care of me
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #22
Heliskyr
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkizerian
I totally agree. Getting 5's is a BONUS, meaning extra money in their pocket for going above and beyond. They're already getting a commission for selling the car. If they want more than that, they ought to earn it.

That being said, it's the SA's responsibility to communicate to the customer how important earning those 5's is to him/her, and to ask the customer what needs to be done to earn those 5's before it comes time to do an evaluation. This is Sales 101-- ask the customer how to make him happy, make him happy, and ask for the order! It does not get any more simple.

By the time the customer is given the evaluation, it's too late to ask for 5's; the SA hasn't done his homework to know if he earned those 5's or not at that point. Plus, the customer has already formed an opinion about the experience. Begging not only annoys the customer, it's highly unprofessional. And it hurts the SA's chances for repeat business.
Appreciate 0