Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA ///M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
So can you tell us what you didn't like about VO in person? I've been pretty set on it, but would like to hear a dissenting opinion from somebody who has seen it in person. Did you like VO from the pictures or have you preferred AW all along and this just solidified your opinion? I love the way it looks in the pictures but I know they may have been adjusted plus the lighting conditions will change it. If it looks more washed out in person I may change color choices.
I like orange colors in general, and I've owned a couple of orange cars before.

I was 80% set to order it in VO, but honestly, I didn't like how it looked in the official pictures. It's not really orange or bright enough to my own taste, it's more like brownish orange if I may say!

In the other hand, it looked really lovely and stunning in the latest pictures from the NAIAS. It's exactly the orange I like, bright and strong, a bit flashy you can say.

So I was confused and I decided to wait until I see the color @ the NAIAS to make my final choice! And after I saw it in person yesterday, I decided to go with AW becuase it wasn't the orange I like!

Take a good look in the video and in the pictures in the following link to know what I'm trying to say: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474483

The color in person looks exactly like in the video. Not as orange or as bright as in the pictures!

Correct. The color of the car in the video is correct. Most photos make it appear too bright an orange. Sounds like you were looking for a color similar to the M3 GTS.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #68
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

I'm beginning to think VO in person looks very similar to all of these orangeish/copperish Chevrolet HHR's I see running around. If this is the case, I definitely would not like this color. Plus, white pretty much looks the same in person as it does in photographs, and I do like white.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 01:17 AM   #69
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps1m View Post
I'm beginning to think VO in person looks very similar to all of these orangeish/copperish Chevrolet HHR's I see running around. If this is the case, I definitely would not like this color. Plus, white pretty much looks the same in person as it does in photographs, and I do like white.
No! The closest color to that from BMW is byzanz, which I actually happen to like but many people didn't on the E36 m3. Byzanz is really more like copper.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 03:36 AM   #70
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
The car looks great, I like the look of the whole front (and back too). But I have a feeling that little piece of FRP or whatever in the bottom right and left corners of the front bumper is going to be a weak point and become a quality assurance and warranty nightmare.

Would those wheels fit the 135i without sticking out too much?

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #71
Hohe-acht@nurburgring
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: E-46 M3 CSL

This car could rock phoenix gelb. AW looks good VO rocks you really can't
Get the color wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #72
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Sounds like you were looking for a color similar to the M3 GTS.
Correct, but slightly darker with a bit of reddish reflection, exactly like the pictures from the NAIAS.
      01-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #73
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
No! The closest color to that from BMW is byzanz, which I actually happen to like but many people didn't on the E36 m3. Byzanz is really more like copper.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Appreciate 0