BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Contact at BMW NA?

It's a long story that I don't want to get into just yet, but basically my local dealer did it's dealership thing and tried to screw me over. Most of it got resolved but I had 3 DIFFERENT friends that saw my car hauling ass around town while it was in for service. I've had enough of the dealers BS and just want to go straight to someone higher. Does anyone have a contact or any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 05:06 AM   #2
fun2drv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW M5  [10.00]
2023 BMW M5  [0.00]
BMW NA does not have anything to do with the dealers because the are independent. You really have to deal with the dealer management.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 05:13 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You are probably better off just filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Also writing a letter to BMW NA and sending it registered mail is one good way to get BMW's attention. But in the end it will be up to your dealer. BMW NA's address is in your warranty book.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
oNe35M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i msport

Best thing is to find out the Vice president or the President of the company and complain about the service department. NA may not be able to do so much because the dealer is independent like someone else mentioned. What they will say is they had to test drive the car after its service anyway so there are ways around it but I would get those phone numbers and complain. Sales side will usually be happy to help you complain about a service issue because they don't typically get along in most dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
I know all of the higher-ups in the California region; PM me.
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
TheCaptain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i x 'vert

The main problem is that you don't have any credible evidence that can be used to prove they were abusing your car. I wouldn't necessarily doubt that it happened but if you're going to claim that you know it was abused you need more evidence than "my friends saw it." In NY we have ez-pass for the toll booths so you could use your toll statement to prove when and where the car was driven around during the time it was in for service. You need something concrete like this to support your claim. Perhaps there is some security camera or other video footage that you could find. Good luck with everything.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #7
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
You are probably better off just filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Also writing a letter to BMW NA and sending it registered mail is one good way to get BMW's attention. But in the end it will be up to your dealer. BMW NA's address is in your warranty book.

Dackel
Not meaning to nitpick too much, but "Registered Mail" at least in the USA, is for inherently valuable items, like an expensive wristwatch, and "Certified Mail" is for letters or documents you want proof of delivery for. Registered Mail is in effect a sort of insurance for loss, especially theft, when a parcel is en route between the shipper and the receiver.

I believe you were recommending the use of Certified Mail in this instance :-)
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Not meaning to nitpick too much, but "Registered Mail" at least in the USA, is for inherently valuable items, like an expensive wristwatch, and "Certified Mail" is for letters or documents you want proof of delivery for. Registered Mail is in effect a sort of insurance for loss, especially theft, when a parcel is en route between the shipper and the receiver.

I believe you were recommending the use of Certified Mail in this instance :-)
Yes, I meant "Certified Mail", thanks for the correction.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
The main problem is that you don't have any credible evidence that can be used to prove they were abusing your car. I wouldn't necessarily doubt that it happened but if you're going to claim that you know it was abused you need more evidence than "my friends saw it." In NY we have ez-pass for the toll booths so you could use your toll statement to prove when and where the car was driven around during the time it was in for service. You need something concrete like this to support your claim. Perhaps there is some security camera or other video footage that you could find. Good luck with everything.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Captain, I was thinking this as well. I should be able to access the security camera from my friends office. My car was driven past his office a few times.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #10
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

CA has the Attorney General's office if you strike out. What I did several years ago when I lived in SoCal, a Nissan dealer screwed me over by putting on new undersized tires on a used Pathfinder. The dealer GM and owner never responded to calls and letters so I filled out an online AG complaint form. Two days later the GM called me back complaining that I shouldn't have went to the AG and contact them first. I kept the registered letter receipt that showed signature and delivery so they had no ground to stand on. They finally sent me to the tire dealer across the street from them and I picked out 4 new right size tires that were OEM. They bitched about the price but paid the tire dealer directly.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0