BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #23
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I am thinking to do the same gloss black on my wheels Edwin, it will save me some money doing this rather then getting a set of v701s in the same colour. I am just waiting on good old DTM Rack to stop screwing me around and sort my H&R Sport Springs!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #24
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep

oh and your car is actually good for high 3s to 100 not low 4s
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #25
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
Sorry to bring this slightly off track but what do you guys think is a decent price for a close to new 135i with dct, pro nav, sunroof and front parking sensors?

If it's not so expensive I would consider a trade in for my current 135i.
DCT, Pro Nav and sunroof are pretty much the most expensive options on the list. With strong negotiation skills that's gonna add at least 10k on the sticker price so I don't see you walking out without a price over $85k. If you want a brand new one that would definitely be close to $90k.

If you can grab a good showroom model (NOT an ex-demo, should stay away from those) then you might be able to get away with $85k if they are desperate.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Go black with those stock wheels. H & R's and black wheels will look pretty nice Matt.
Did you like the wheels in my photos?

Last edited by JB4-335; 06-02-2011 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #27
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
oh and your car is actually good for high 3s to 100 not low 4s
I figure I'm lugging an extra 130kgs being a vert so low 4s easily managed. I'm sure your car will be in that 3s category.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #28
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
DCT, Pro Nav and sunroof are pretty much the most expensive options on the list. With strong negotiation skills that's gonna add at least 10k on the sticker price so I don't see you walking out without a price over $85k. If you want a brand new one that would definitely be close to $90k.

If you can grab a good showroom model (NOT an ex-demo, should stay away from those) then you might be able to get away with $85k if they are desperate.
Cheers for the advice. My heart tells me to get a new 135i with DCT.... My head tells me not to.... Maybe I'll wait for the batch of LCIs to come in and then let's hope they chop the prices of the current ones. Im sure i can change the LCI lights myself later.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #29
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
I figure I'm lugging an extra 130kgs being a vert so low 4s easily managed. I'm sure your car will be in that 3s category.
ah yes, my bad.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #30
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Cheers for the advice. My heart tells me to get a new 135i with DCT.... My head tells me not to.... Maybe I'll wait for the batch of LCIs to come in and then let's hope they chop the prices of the current ones. Im sure i can change the LCI lights myself later.
What's the reason you want an N55 model with DCT? I'd suggest you just slap on a tune to your N54 and you'll have all the car you'll ever need.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
Honny
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What's the reason you want an N55 model with DCT? I'd suggest you just slap on a tune to your N54 and you'll have all the car you'll ever need.
To be honest it all depends if BMW Australia covers for HPFP when my warranty finishes...

If they don't and I need to replace futures ones out of my own money, I'm sure it's probably cheaper to sell my current 135i and get a new one.

I also don't have much mods..... My v5 is on my table waiting to be installed...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
To be honest it all depends if BMW Australia covers for HPFP when my warranty finishes...

If they don't and I need to replace futures ones out of my own money, I'm sure it's probably cheaper to sell my current 135i and get a new one.

I also don't have much mods..... My v5 is on my table waiting to be installed...
If that's what you're worried about then yeh makes sense, but the N55 has the same issues...so you'll face the same problem again in 2yrs time.

Vishnu seem to be working on a permanent solution to the issue so if something comes out, that might solve our HPFP woes for good.

Put that V5 in and you'll fall in love with your car again

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #33
johnsonsabroad
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 220d F22 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blauweisser View Post
The way I figure it, I buy a new car maybe once every 6-10 years or so. I'm pitting my negotiating skills against people who do this for a living, maybe selling several cars a week. I wouldn't call myself a gun negotiator either. Brokers like Private Fleet can rock up to the fleet sales guy at a car dealer with a bunch of orders and wave them around temptingly. Also, these guys know the game, it's their day job. The pick up of my car was at the dealer, and the whole process was just as pleasant as if I had've paid full retail. Plus, Private Fleet picked up my trade at the BMW dealer.
I will give my local dealer first option to give me a good price, if they don't get close to what I want to pay then I have private fleet or fleetpoint in mind to get the best price. I am off to the local dealer this weekend - I like to negotiate, I do it every day (not cars though) so I am looking forward to it - let the games begin.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #34
Honny
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If that's what you're worried about then yeh makes sense, but the N55 has the same issues...so you'll face the same problem again in 2yrs time.

Vishnu seem to be working on a permanent solution to the issue so if something comes out, that might solve our HPFP woes for good.

Put that V5 in and you'll fall in love with your car again
Well got a call from my dealer saying the HPFP is not covered for any extended period after the warrantys finished. So any 35i's with finished warranty must pay for any HPFP issues fixes etc.....

I wonder how much money they care going to scam from this... Considering US is on recall..

Anyway slightly back on topic yes the n55 has same issues from what I hear... I haven't tried the n55 engine but I'm sure it won't disappoint. If i can find something decent with DCT without breaking the bank to upgrade I'll do it. Ive looked into getting a m3 but I'm not a track day person so there's absolutely no point buying one if you won't get much chances revving it over 6000rpm. It's nowhere near as fun to drive on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #35
fontana302
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 E90 M3

You don't need to rev the turbo car over 6000......................

It's all about the torque curve.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #36
jace88
Private
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X MR

<3 this thread.

Seriously though, I went to Trivett and they quoted me north of $90k with a low ball on my trade-in (the Evo X). Turned me off because they said that was the best they could do taking into account the fact that there were 'incentives' with the new facelift 135i coming out in only a few weeks time (from when I made the inquiry about a month ago).

Funnily enough I actually had a figure in my head and if they were able to get me a brand new one for $70-$75k with DCT and satnav, or a changeover price of $30-35k, I would've quite possibly signed it within a few days or so (after getting my firm's leasing company involved). Oh well, in the end I wasn't that wowed by the 135i (i.e. wowed enough to spend $50k changeover) and decided to stick to my Evo
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #37
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

If a HPFP fails .. then you replace it. Big deal!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 05:03 AM   #38
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
If a HPFP fails .. then you replace it. Big deal!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #39
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace88 View Post
<3 this thread.

Seriously though, I went to Trivett and they quoted me north of $90k with a low ball on my trade-in (the Evo X). Turned me off because they said that was the best they could do taking into account the fact that there were 'incentives' with the new facelift 135i coming out in only a few weeks time (from when I made the inquiry about a month ago).

Funnily enough I actually had a figure in my head and if they were able to get me a brand new one for $70-$75k with DCT and satnav, or a changeover price of $30-35k, I would've quite possibly signed it within a few days or so (after getting my firm's leasing company involved). Oh well, in the end I wasn't that wowed by the 135i (i.e. wowed enough to spend $50k changeover) and decided to stick to my Evo
The 135i is certainly not 50k better than the evo, but expecting to pay 70-75k with your options is unrealistic especially if you want your car for top money. You probably can negotiate 75k if they have a car there on the floor and no trade, but otherwise, get a povo pack.

Your post just shows your lack of appreciation that the dealer is a business and not a charity. If they had the car there for a while on the floor - they will consider getting rid of it with no profit because it starts costing them money.

Would you work for your boss for free? I don't think so unless you are gaining something. Getting somewhere is about win-win and hard work. Don't expect someone just hand it to you on a plate.

I can tell you if you have worked a little bit you would be able to get very close to a changeover in your budget range.

People with atitude like yours are the ones who's giving the gen y a bad name. I am glad that the gen y's that I know on the forum are not like that. Sorry about my rant, but unfortunately, that's the attitude of many young ones who come through my door for interviews and they really p#ss me off as they are such a waste my time.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #40
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace88 View Post
<3 this thread.

I'd sell the Evo privately and get a decent price for it, then shop aggressively for a near new second hand 135. Hopefully with some mods!

Joe i looking to sell his car which looks great and is dyno proven to make a shit tonne of power ...

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #41
johnsonsabroad
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 220d F22 Coupe

Life gets kn the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonsabroad View Post
Hi all,

Just new to the forum and looking to purchase a new 135i and negotiations will start this coming weekend.

I was hoping to gauge the % discount off RRP some recent buyers where able to obtain on their new car so that I have some informed basis to negotiate.

Thanks in advance - soon to be owner....
Unfortunately life got in the way last weekend so no dealing, try again next weekend - have to move quickly as the wife is becoming less interested as time goes on. If I let go too much longer the approval will be reversed I fear
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #42
Blauweisser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M-Sport

Quote:
Unfortunately life got in the way last weekend so no dealing, try again next weekend - have to move quickly as the wife is becoming less interested as time goes on. If I let go too much longer the approval will be reversed I fear
Good luck in your negotiations. I suspect that when I bought my car in 2009, BMW dealers were playing hardball because there were so many small business buyers (like myself) taking advantage of the tax break that was on offer then. There might be a bit more flexibility now.

Organize a test drive for your wife. My wife loves driving ours.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #43
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Good luck! and do it soon!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
I'd sell the Evo privately and get a decent price for it, then shop aggressively for a near new second hand 135. Hopefully with some mods!

Joe (Zuzu) is looking to sell his car which looks great and is dyno proven to make a shit tonne of power (255KW ATWheels) ...
Thanks for the thumbs up Kenny..
Appreciate 0