BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Same boat here...trying to decide between koni yellows or Bilstein HDs to pair with the stock springs.

Not sure which will ride better, my thoughts it the Konis on full soft will out-comfort the HDs.

Then again, not sure if they'll have enough compression to keep this little pig off the bumpstops when encountering potholes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Same boat here...trying to decide between koni yellows or Bilstein HDs to pair with the stock springs.

Not sure which will ride better, my thoughts it the Konis on full soft will out-comfort the HDs.

Then again, not sure if they'll have enough compression to keep this little pig off the bumpstops when encountering potholes, etc.
As you will do the work on suspension do the springs also. Or at least upgrade your rear springs with '11+
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
As you will do the work on suspension do the springs also. Or at least upgrade your rear springs with '11+
I'm on the lookout for a set of rears. Trying to avoid lowering the car any further, and/or upping the rates. It's my finance's, and we live in the warzone that is center city philadelphia.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #26
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
I'm on the lookout for a set of rears. Trying to avoid lowering the car any further, and/or upping the rates. It's my finance's, and we live in the warzone that is center city philadelphia.
Do a search about the rear springs going from 2011 year production they are linear not progressive they will help with stability of the car. And they are stock height.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #27
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:

IF you want to keep a near stock ride height... why not get some Performance springs from BMW. They only lower the car ~10 to 20mm's and totally fix the floaty issue. They would work well.

I would not keep the factory springs. (no mater what M.Y.) they are from.

You should really read this Bimmer magazine article.... (especially page two)
http://www.bimmer-mag.com/issues/101...1#.UcljnzuBnSx
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
SquashAZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
I wonder how many miles the OP has.
heres another clip by the way. I feel they drive pretty well at high speed.

I have 40K miles on the original shocks which I will be replacing with Eibach or BMW Performance soon. The first video you posted clearly showed the bounce I was have at speed. My past three cars were Audi TT, and two Z06 corvettes, all three were much more stable at high speeds.
Appreciate 0