BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Calling all coding experts!

So a couple of weeks ago I coded the popular Euro corner delete on my car. Was simple enough, just coded SIDEMARKER_US to nicht_aktiv in the NFRM module.

My issue is with the unlocking behavior of the lights, as it seems unchanged from stock. Namely, when unlocking, both the angel eyes and tail lamp LED light bars illuminate. Additionally, all turn signals flash twice - those in the headlamps, side markers, and tail lamps. But the headlamp indicators remain illuminated as long as the angel eyes and tail lamp LED light bars do so.

My question is this: is there a way to code the car so that the front turn signals still flash twice but DO NOT remain illuminated? If so, what line of code needs to be changed in the NFRM module?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Can you post your trc file? I'll have a read.

I think there was an option in the FRM that allowed the indicators to blink and stay on as welcome lights.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #3
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, that would be great! Yeah, it seems like something sort of like Welcome Lights - I hadn't thought to check that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Trace File.txt (234.4 KB, 1710 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 03:06 AM   #4
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Got it. Change WL_BLK_V to nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 2
TGel156.00
      09-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, I was all excited to go do this, but when I went to make another trace file to manipulate, the test was totally different. There is no longer a "WL_BLK_V" line of code.

I don't get it, because I'm doing everything exactly the same: Load profile, F1>F3>Choose Chassis (E89), Choose ECU (CAS*), F6 (Back), Process ECU (NFRM), Read ECU...wait, go to work folder, open trace file.

*I've also tried choosing "NFRM" at this step.

What gives?

EDIT: Okay, so I realize now why the trace files aren't matching up. The one I attached above I think is the master trace file of ALL the car's modules, but then when I go and create a trace file of just the NFRM, the line "WL_BLK_V" isn't in there. Which leads me to think it may be in another module, which is weird because I thought all lighting options were in NFRM (and there ARE other Welcome Lighting entries there).

And for whatever it's worth, I'm posting the trace file I made from reading my NFRM today.

NFRM Trace.txt

Last edited by Bimmer-Bob; 09-14-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
TGel156.00
      09-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Well, I was all excited to go do this, but when I went to make another trace file to manipulate, the test was totally different. There is no longer a "WL_BLK_V" line of code.

I don't get it, because I'm doing everything exactly the same: Load profile, F1>F3>Choose Chassis (E89), Choose ECU (CAS*), F6 (Back), Process ECU (NFRM), Read ECU...wait, go to work folder, open trace file.

What gives?

EDIT: Okay, so I realize now why the trace files aren't matching up. The one I attached above I think is the master trace file of ALL the car's modules, but then when I go and create a trace file of just the NFRM, the line "WL_BLK_V" isn't in there. Which leads me to think it may be in another module, which is weird because I thought all lighting options were in NFRM (and there ARE other Welcome Lighting entries there).

And for whatever it's worth, I'm posting the trace file I made from reading my NFRM today.

Attachment 1279407
Wow that's weird. You'd think that if it was in the global trc file it would be in the NFRM. Just confirming you have a 2010 1er with an FRM3?
Maybe read you CAS and KOBMI modules as well, a long shot but if it appeared in the first trc it might be there...
And just checking that you were in expert mode as well?
Appreciate 1
TGel156.00
      09-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #7
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post

What gives?

Attachment 1279407
Wow that's weird. You'd think that if it was in the global trc file it would be in the NFRM. Just confirming you have a 2010 1er with an FRM3?
Maybe read you CAS and KOBMI modules as well, a long shot but if it appeared in the first trc it might be there...
And just checking that you were in expert mode as well?
Yes, 2010 with FRM3. I was using Expertenmodus (Offen). I did try reading CAS, but it only came back with a handful of parameters. Could try KOMBI next, I suppose.
      09-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #8
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisf View Post
Got it. Change WL_BLK_V to nicht_aktiv
Got it figured out over at BMW Coding* . I changed that to nich_aktiv and it worked perfectly. Turns out that on FRM3 the parameter is called WL_FRA_V (Wilkommen Licht Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger Vorne, or Welcome Light, Direction Indicators, Front). I guess maybe the WL_BLK_V (where BLK = blinkers) was on older cars, maybe? Perhaps as recent as FRM2. I don't understand why I have it listed on my master trace file, but it doesn't seem to be functional.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. You definitely got me pointed in the right direction.

*(link blocked, but try this with "tiny url.com" in place of asterisks: http://************/WL-Coding).

Last edited by Bimmer-Bob; 09-16-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
TGel156.00
      09-16-2015, 07:31 PM   #9
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Yeah it was for cars 2008, 2009, 2010 so that would be the FRM2, but since i saw it in your first trc i thought it might do the trick. Anyway glad you got it sorted.
Appreciate 0