BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-31-2015, 04:27 AM   #1
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

After coding folding mirrors from fob, window drop down is malfunctioning?

Heys Guys,

I coded a mate's 135 (e82 2010 with FRM3) a while back to do the folding mirrors from the key fob along with some other stuff and it all went well except a few hours later the windows started doing some weird things.

When the car is unlocked, and the doors are still closed, both driver and passenger side windows will drop down (as they do when you open the door) and then go back up. This happens repeatedly until the car is either started, or the car has the windows roll down from the key fob.

Any idea what is causing this issue? All we did was change SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

to:

aktiv

We have also done the manual reset procedure by holding down window switches, and this helps for a while, but again it goes back to the same issue after a few hours.

I will check the fault codes with INPA shortly but was just wondering if anyone has had this happen before...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 05:07 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Try resetting the window limits by holding down(&up) the window switch when the window is all the way UP and all the way DOWN. :thumbsup.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Try resetting the window limits by holding down(&up) the window switch when the window is all the way UP and all the way DOWN. :thumbsup.
So to confirm: Windows down all the way, hold (5 seconds?), up all the way, hold (5 seconds?)

I think he did try that and the behavior stopped for a while, but then reverted back after a few hours.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Ok i have an update:

We removed the coding and the problem is still happening. We tried some more resetting, initialised the windows using ISTA, we read and cleared the error memory for CAS and FRM and the problem stopped.

but.

The passenger side window drop down doesnt work. We read the error codes again after this and it said something like "Door lock short circuit".

Does this mean the door lock is screwed? Or is there a short at the FRM (footwell module).
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Edit: It seems this problem started happening a few weeks after the coding. And the coding has since been removed but the problem is still happening which leads me to believe something else is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
FactorX81
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 Ford Escape Ti

My passenger window drop intermittently stops working as well. Did you ever find a solution?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Oh yeah it turned out to be a dying battery.

I created another more detailed thread in a different section, because i couldnt get more help over here. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191854
Appreciate 0