BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

akrapovic evolution questions

hi guys, would like some feedback regarding the akrapovic evolution w/o downpipes.

How long does the exhaust take to break in? And also after installing, i noticed a little power loss. is it normal? feels like the type of power loss u'd get when you straight through a NA carn

thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
hi guys, would like some feedback regarding the akrapovic evolution w/o downpipes.

How long does the exhaust take to break in? And also after installing, i noticed a little power loss. is it normal? feels like the type of power loss u'd get when you straight through a NA carn

thoughts?
I'm not too sure about the break in period- maybe a couple weeks or so. As far as power loss, I didn't notice any at all. In fact, it felt slightly quicker to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Tigumz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO; Z8(03)-Blk

Garage List
2003 BMW Z8  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Just installed mine yesterday. I had to test drive it even though I finished at 1 am and didn't *seem* to notice a power loss. Now that you mention it, it could have down a little but I wasn't pushing it. I wouldn't be too suprised, though, if the car is still "learning" mode....wish it were a little louder......
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Do you have a tune on your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
Do you have a tune on your car?

Nope. No tune.

Mine came w the wireless kit too. sometimes I noticed when the wireless kit is in red, it flickers back to white for a few seconds and back to red again.. Hehe anyone experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Nope. No tune.

Mine came w the wireless kit too. sometimes I noticed when the wireless kit is in red, it flickers back to white for a few seconds and back to red again.. Hehe anyone experienced this?
I have noticed that on my friends car. Sometimes it seems it doesnt even go to red.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

hi guys, turns out that i had a boost leak for 3 weeks. OMG..

My charge pipe burst a few weeks ago. went back to claim warranty and they swapped out the parts for me. however, the AD forgot to fit the O Ring back into the Chargepipe without my knowledge.

When i drove the car i felt something was wrong. that it wasn't as strong as before. AD told me it was probably psychological. That was the same time i installed the AKRA.

Now that i fitted the ER Charge pipe, the pull is alot stronger than before
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
hi guys, turns out that i had a boost leak for 3 weeks. OMG..

My charge pipe burst a few weeks ago. went back to claim warranty and they swapped out the parts for me. however, the AD forgot to fit the O Ring back into the Chargepipe without my knowledge.

When i drove the car i felt something was wrong. that it wasn't as strong as before. AD told me it was probably psychological. That was the same time i installed the AKRA.

Now that i fitted the ER Charge pipe, the pull is alot stronger than before
now that there is no more boost leak, i can really feel the power increase of the AKRA Evolution. satisfied.

one observation though, it seems like there is more power with the wireless kit in red rather than white. don't you think so?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Nope. No tune.

Its proven with 2 guys that did downpipes back on the 1 M that the car actually lost power because the ecu is almost playing it safe, i think the ecu is getting to smart. You will need a tune from what I have seen to really get any effectiveness out of it.

If your switch is bouncing back you need to check your voltage connection on the wireless tap, if the voltage isnt steady then its very possible it is loosing connection to the remote therefore resetting.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #10
Tigumz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO; Z8(03)-Blk

Garage List
2003 BMW Z8  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
Its proven with 2 guys that did downpipes back on the 1 M that the car actually lost power because the ecu is almost playing it safe, i think the ecu is getting to smart. You will need a tune from what I have seen to really get any effectiveness out of it. ........
Interesting. So, in your opinion, going with dp's with just the bms dp fix v3 is insufficient to *maintain* stock power levels?
Appreciate 0