BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
grunt
new - but older than dirt
Rep
Drives:

what exactly is Professional audio ?

I picked up my vert yesterday. I ordered it with the base audio package intending to throw in a decent after market setup v(no way my left over sub box will fit in this puppy though

Anyway - it's an 09 version - must've been the first week of Space Grey. I noticed it has "Professional" next to the audio system - but I thought that was an upgrade. Is it the base now for an '09 in OZ - or was it always the base system ? It doesn't sound much chop - I'll be in the boot under the ragtop holder with a tape measure soon to see what I can fit in there I think...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
I picked up my vert yesterday. I ordered it with the base audio package intending to throw in a decent after market setup v(no way my left over sub box will fit in this puppy though

Anyway - it's an 09 version - must've been the first week of Space Grey. I noticed it has "Professional" next to the audio system - but I thought that was an upgrade. Is it the base now for an '09 in OZ - or was it always the base system ? It doesn't sound much chop - I'll be in the boot under the ragtop holder with a tape measure soon to see what I can fit in there I think...
I got a the base audio and my system has BMW professional written on the top left. I think the next audio system up has a better amp and bigger subs.

PS: I noticed you're in Brissie, are you coming on the cruise tomorrow? It'll be a good chance to run your car in :wink:
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #3
TimH
Symptoms of 135i denial..
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 120i Sydney Blue

All Aussie 1's get the professional head unit, but only the standard 6 speakers unless optioned up.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #4
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

And it's damned confusing when deciding on the order. Didn't help me, either, when none of the sales people knew the answers to my questions!

It's in cases like these that the Internet hinders rather than helps, because there are so many different variations in different markets. Anyway, that said, I'm happy with what I ended up with (10 speaker upgrade).

By the way, congratulations!
      11-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
grunt
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedeau View Post
I got a the base audio and my system has BMW professional written on the top left. I think the next audio system up has a better amp and bigger subs.

PS: I noticed you're in Brissie, are you coming on the cruise tomorrow? It'll be a good chance to run your car in :wink:

luv too - but it's not raining enough ........ which means I'm back to replacing a retaining wall .... after a late brekkie .

next time if I'm in the country
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
Tj303
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

I think the base system is called "Radio Professional", whereas the top end system is called "HiFi Professional"
      11-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
grunt
Rep
Drives:

I get the feeling "professional" means it has bluetooth - which is great for work . But I need to see how small I can find a decent sub that'll fit into one of the corners of the boot - and hide a small amp - and see if I need to swap the front speakers. The under seat subs might as well not be there and a vert has little enough boot space as it is.

I have a 3 month old alpine head unit with BT module, 12"sub, amp and enclosure from my trade-in - no way it'd fit in any one series other than on the back seat
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:16 AM   #8
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:

Anyway - it's an 09 version - must've been the first week of Space Grey. I noticed it has "Professional" next to the audio system - but I thought that was an upgrade. Is it the base now for an '09 in OZ - or was it always the base system ?
Did you order the Pro Nav..

I did and have Professional under my base audio system as well.

It is still the base system with just a better head unit. You should have subs under the the front seats..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:18 AM   #9
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
I get the feeling "professional" means it has bluetooth
I've got bluetooth with the base unit :iono: I use it everytime i get in the car with my Nokia Navigator 6110. The voice activation is kinda cool, and works pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
grunt
Rep
Drives:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Did you order the Pro Nav..

I did and have Professional under my base audio system as well.

It is still the base system with just a better head unit. You should have subs under the the front seats..

nah - I ordered nothing in the audio or Nav dept. I prefer aftermarket audio and have more sat navs and phone-sat-navs than I can point a stick at .... oh well BT is a bonus.

As for the under seat subs .... if I cant feel the purple zep or sabbath buzzing in my neck hair they're no good

probably sacrilege in here - but I sold my T/A and traded the 300C Hemi - I'm more into cruzin with watts now - not cubes and kilowatts
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:24 AM   #11
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:

probably sacrilege in here - but I sold my T/A and traded the 300C Hemi - I'm more into cruzin with watts now - not cubes and kilowatts
LOL.. and I am the opposite to you.. MORE Killer Wasps the better.:biggrin:

I even turn the radio off so I can here the twins whistling dixie..
Appreciate 0