BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #3059
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I smell group buy...
hell yeah...
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #3060
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is View Post
It's been a busy winter.. I finished my full E93 suspension. I added all the bmw performance carbon and side skirts. Still haven't made it to a track in the last year. GRRRR..
Absolutely beautiful!!! It is cars like this that make me think of going Alpine White next time around. Great mechanical upgrades!

If there was ever a car that would look great with a CF wrap on the roof, this is it!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #3061
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

Thanks Rick and everyone else who complimented on my car.. I appreciate it.. I would like to do a carbon roof.. Rumors that rezosport is creating a carbon roof that replaces the current one sun roof and all. I'm sure it will be expensive but I want to see how that turns out before I wrap all though I do like to wrap to try it before I buy it for a feel on the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMsport View Post
Absolutely beautiful!!! It is cars like this that make me think of going Alpine White next time around. Great mechanical upgrades!

If there was ever a car that would look great with a CF wrap on the roof, this is it!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #3062
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Rick and everyone else who complimented on my car.. I appreciate it.. I would like to do a carbon roof.. Rumors that rezosport is creating a carbon roof that replaces the current one sun roof and all. I'm sure it will be expensive but I want to see how that turns out before I wrap all though I do like to wrap to try it before I buy it for a feel on the look.
Isn't that roof (by Revozport) already released? Also, IND has CF roof too. One of the problems that might prove a bit of a hassle would be getting a new headliner.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #3063
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

Not sure I only heard about it last weekend at a meet. If you have the info I'd like to see it. The liner is cake I'll have one made.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #3064
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Not sure I only heard about it last weekend at a meet. If you have the info I'd like to see it. The liner is cake I'll have one made.
http://1m-raze.revozport.com/1mroof.html

and

http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...ber-roof-panel

The installation, I'm sure they're all over or they probably have a manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #3065
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
Has it been confirmed that you can use the M3 wheel w/ M3 paddles with the dct transmission? I remember reading that our stock steering wheel will not allow you to switch out the stock paddles with M3 ones if you have a DCT transmission.
I have the wiring diagram and will confirm once the harness is fabbed up if they work. Another forum member with a 3 series dct has completed the swap.
Super excited and hoping that this works. If it does I'm definitely in.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #3066
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Car is filthy..but I had to take in the sights

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #3067
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
Car is filthy..but I had to take in the sights

beautiful.

oh, and a really nice view behind it. lol. I don't have anything like that so I have to resort to close up shots (obligatory car washing shot included)
Attached Images

2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #3068
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep
Drives: 135is, X3

Ok well here's an after wash shot.
It stayed that clean for all of a few hours before it was covered in filthy yellow pollen.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #3069
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi View Post
beautiful.

oh, and a really nice view behind it. lol. I don't have anything like that so I have to resort to close up shots (obligatory car washing shot included)
Oooh, someone has a foam cannon?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #3070
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorchimp View Post
Ok well here's an after wash shot.
It stayed that clean for all of a few hours before it was covered in filthy yellow pollen.
Yep. Same here. "Them's the breaks" I guess. =(

WORTH IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Absolutely. I'll take a picture of my arsenal tonight for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #3071
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't have any of my numerous microfiber towels in the shot since they're being washed but normally the plastic bin is full with another small stack on top of it. I'll need a larger cabinet to store stuff in soon though.

aaaand an interior shot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #3072
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Don't have any of my numerous microfiber towels in the shot since they're being washed but normally the plastic bin is full with another small stack on top of it. I'll need a larger cabinet to store stuff in soon though.

aaaand an interior shot.
Can I move in? Or maybe I'll just get a place nearby in the neighborhood. So jealous since I'm stuck in the concrete jungle of LA with no garage or real ability to wash my car myself. My options are take it to a car wash or a ghetto self-serve wash where cars are often 2-3 deep in line pressuring you to hurry up and get out of there, while blowing $8 in quarters and defeating the entire purpose compared to taking it to a car wash.

How are the ammo products by the way? Which you got? I'm now looking at your various products - griots garage, sonax, etc. I got a whole slate of sonax stuff for my spring detailing coming up in a few weeks that I'll have feedback on.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #3073
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can I move in? Or maybe I'll just get a place nearby in the neighborhood. So jealous since I'm stuck in the concrete jungle of LA with no garage or real ability to wash my car myself. My options are take it to a car wash or a ghetto self-serve wash where cars are often 2-3 deep in line pressuring you to hurry up and get out of there, while blowing $8 in quarters and defeating the entire purpose compared to taking it to a car wash.

How are the ammo products by the way? Which you got? I'm now looking at your various products - griots garage, sonax, etc. I got a whole slate of sonax stuff for my spring detailing coming up in a few weeks that I'll have feedback on.
That blows big time. Nobody washes it but me. Feel free to come on by north atlanta anytime and we'll go through the whole thing! A friend and I have gotten into the serious hobby of car detailing strictly for personal pleasure. We try products from everywhere and figure out what is best for certain applications

Stuff:

The foam cannon / pressure washer is a huge step up.

Love the griots clay and spray wax, as well as some of their leather care stuff. I have some chemical guys leather stuff but I have yet to use it.

Chemical guys car wash soap is awesome (honeydew I think) and I doubt I'll be changing to anything else anytime soon.

Sonax wheel cleaner is hands down the best. I have yet to try their other products but they have an interior cleaner that looks interesting to me for sure.

From ammo I have the tire gel which is absolutely great and the shag / alcantara cleaner (also seems to do a pretty good job - I dunno, I'm not really a dirty anyways and always wash the hands before driving). I'm skeptical of it since it tends to be on the pricey side but the dude seems to really know his stuff in his youtube videos and I've been impressed with what I have so far. I may branch out into some more of his stuff soon.

Oh, and as far as wax / sealants go - Tried the griots one step sealant but we couldn't get it to not look streaky. Possibly a human error application issue but it seems like a straightforward process. Polished that off and ended up just using collonite 845. I can't stress enough how excellent the collonite is as a protective wax. The last application was in October and i can still feel it on the car. Granted, I do very very little bad weather driving and it is garaged.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #3074
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
That blows big time. Nobody washes it but me. Feel free to come on by north atlanta anytime and we'll go through the whole thing! A friend and I have gotten into the serious hobby of car detailing strictly for personal pleasure. We try products from everywhere and figure out what is best for certain applications

Stuff:

The foam cannon / pressure washer is a huge step up.

Love the griots clay and spray wax, as well as some of their leather care stuff. I have some chemical guys leather stuff but I have yet to use it.

Chemical guys car wash soap is awesome (honeydew I think) and I doubt I'll be changing to anything else anytime soon.

Sonax wheel cleaner is hands down the best. I have yet to try their other products but they have an interior cleaner that looks interesting to me for sure.

From ammo I have the tire gel which is absolutely great and the shag / alcantara cleaner (also seems to do a pretty good job - I dunno, I'm not really a dirty anyways and always wash the hands before driving). I'm skeptical of it since it tends to be on the pricey side but the dude seems to really know his stuff in his youtube videos and I've been impressed with what I have so far. I may branch out into some more of his stuff soon.

Oh, and as far as wax / sealants go - Tried the griots one step sealant but we couldn't get it to not look streaky. Possibly a human error application issue but it seems like a straightforward process. Polished that off and ended up just using collonite 845. I can't stress enough how excellent the collonite is as a protective wax. The last application was in October and i can still feel it on the car. Granted, I do very very little bad weather driving and it is garaged.
I'll have to send you my griot's clay. I HATED IT! Not sure if I just got a bad batch or maybe should have paid more attention to the directions/video, but the clay was sticking really badly to my hands no matter how much lube I sprayed, and was also transferring to the towels then from my hand I think and turning them yellow, which wasn't good and I ended up using 2x the towels to make sure I didn't get the clay from the towel back on teh car. Afterwards I saw it recommended wearing gloves. The meguiar's over the counter clay sucks, the mother's is okay, but I've always used and really liked the first clay ever here - claymagic.

If I had a driveway and hose, I'd be all over the sonax wheel cleaner. But, I recently got a nice package of stuff from detailers domain of their fancy clay with an auto finesse clay lubricant spray, sonax paint cleaner which has carnuba wax in it as well, and the sonax polymer net shield, which I'm eager to try and apply with a fancy hex sponge. I used collinite 845 with 2 coats back in early november and still looks great. So, will be an interesting comparison to see how the sonax polymer net shield compares, though very different products of course. I put the collinite on the wheels, too and people say the polymer net shield on the rims is amazing, too.

I watch that ammo guy's drive clean videos and always been intrigued by his tire "mud" but never known anyone who used it. I just got a huge bottle of optimum tire gel, which I like a lot, though it leaves a very matte/satin finish but seems to last a really long time and goes on quick and easy, dries fast, no sling at all. Now I want to go detail my car up a bit. Gonna try some auto finesse glass cleaner later today or tomorrow, too, which has the best damn spray nozzle I've ever seen. I normally use the stoner's you have though, but without some really good microfiber towels and major work, I still get streaking with it sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #3075
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

+1 for the Collinite 845 - been using it for a long time, and I've yet to find something that is all around better.

There are times when I use it as a base for something shinier or deeper as a topper, but it's just too good to leave off the car!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #3076
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
+1 for the Collinite 845 - been using it for a long time, and I've yet to find something that is all around better.

There are times when I use it as a base for something shinier or deeper as a topper, but it's just too good to leave off the car!
Just gotta be careful around a few spots, namely the tow hook covers and rear sensors if you got 'em, cause it really cakes up there. You should have seen how much excess caked on collinite I had when I took the tow hook cover off the front the other day. Oops!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #3077
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

+1 for Stoner's aerosol spray for glass. I haven't found anything that sprays on better or cleans as well. And it's so easy to pick up at Target...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #3078
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
+1 for Stoner's aerosol spray for glass. I haven't found anything that sprays on better or cleans as well. And it's so easy to pick up at Target...
I've used the Stoner's Invisible GLass for years as it's the best I've found, so will see if this auto finesse glass cleaner is any good tomorrow. Tried the stoner's spray (non-aerosol) bottle once thinking it'd be the same as the aerosol, but it was AWFUL. Griot's glass cleaner was similarly bad and hated it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #3079
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

For the griots clay you need to use A LOT of speedshine with it. I highly recommend speedshine by the way, great product have been using it for years. I also recommend their carnauba wax, just ordered some a month ago and it is fantastic.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #3080
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just gotta be careful around a few spots, namely the tow hook covers and rear sensors if you got 'em, cause it really cakes up there. You should have seen how much excess caked on collinite I had when I took the tow hook cover off the front the other day. Oops!
We do a lot a areas like that by hand to avoid issues - and hard to reach areas (at least with an orbital)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
I have another can for inside use as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
For the griots clay you need to use A LOT of speedshine with it. I highly recommend speedshine by the way, great product have been using it for years. I also recommend their carnauba wax, just ordered some a month ago and it is fantastic.
Also a good product but we've had good luck with meguiars quick detailer for the same applications. Forgot to mention that earlier.
Appreciate 0