BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #67
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I put down a deposit yesterday, Im in love with this thing, I bought a 1M in a blink of an eye because it was the small masculine turbo'ed BMW I always hoped they'd make. This is the porsche I always hoped for. I just don't know if I can give up my heavily modded to my liking 1M, Id have to, and have to trade it in to use my equity in the 1m to make the cayman affordable. What do you guys think it will do value wise compared to a 1m that has been wildly rock solid? I guess I have some time to decide and this is THE car that could make me leave the 1M but I planned to keep this forever, not trade it in :
Congrats! I, too, am very attracted by the Cayman. Fortunately, I'm in no position to buy one!

Neil
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #68
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
30k more? Please tell me where i can get one for 78k. Reasonably equipped the gt4 easily exceeds 100k, essentially double the 1m. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have one but need a back seat so I will go for 997 tt for same price or cheaper.
Sticker on my 1M was 55k, Mid fifties is the expected price for the M2, the base price for the GT4 on porsche.com is 85k. You have to go crazy with the leather and add carbon ceramics to push the GT4 over 100k, what exactly do you consider "reasonably equipped" out of the available options?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #69
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnizu
Quote:
30k more? Please tell me where i can get one for 78k. Reasonably equipped the gt4 easily exceeds 100k, essentially double the 1m. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have one but need a back seat so I will go for 997 tt for same price or cheaper.
Sticker on my 1M was 55k, Mid fifties is the expected price for the M2, the base price for the GT4 on porsche.com is 85k. You have to go crazy with the leather and add carbon ceramics to push the GT4 over 100k, what exactly do you consider "reasonably equipped" out of the available options?
The sport seats alone are like $4.5k. Pushing the price over $100k is easier than you'd think. Who can pass up a leather-covered rear view mirror?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #70
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

When you are talking Porsche, base price is meaningless. Lets see, silver (not even gt silver) adaptive seats, xm radio, nav, xenon lights is 93k. Double my 1M. No pccb, sport seats, extended leather, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #71
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Who can pass up a leather-covered rear view mirror?
i LOL'd
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #72
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Who can pass up a leather-covered rear view mirror?
Option CDN or CZV = side air vent slats and centre air vent slats either in exterior color paint finish or in leather = EUR895.40 over here.

Name:  Option_CDN.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  37.9 KB
      02-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #73
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn View Post
I wonder if the expectations are now too high for it. Will it be so buttoned down for the street that for those that don't take it to the track will be underwhelmed vs. another torque machine you could buy at that same price? Or it will kick ass.
I spy -- I spy -- I spy with my little eye... an instant classic.

Name:  Cayman_GT4.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  419.4 KB
Name:  Cayman_GT4_2.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  489.1 KB
      02-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #74
Artemis
Rep

More eye candy:
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...n-gt4/gallery/
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...y/?gtabindex=2
      02-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #75
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
I'm anxiously awaiting the alcantara body covering. clean with a toothbrush!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #76
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
The sport seats alone are like $4.5k. Pushing the price over $100k is easier than you'd think. Who can pass up a leather-covered rear view mirror?
The GT4 comes standard with the sport plus seats, that is the upgraded seats in the standard Cayman and 911. The sport plus seats have extended bolstering, far more than 1M seats.

The $4k seats you car referring to are carbon fiber buckets in which BMW doesn't offer in any of their cars. It they did, they would be equally expensive.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #77
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

^ +1, you really need to know how to configure a Porsche IMO. Xenon light are standard, the configurator hasn't been fixed yet, and why would you need a Nav or XM radio on a track-oriented car?

On the other hand, GT Silver is a superb color and I don't like silver

Quote:
When you are talking Porsche, base price is meaningless. Lets see, silver (not even gt silver) adaptive seats, xm radio, nav, xenon lights is 93k. Double my 1M. No pccb, sport seats, extended leather, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #78
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Only option I'd get is the clubsport package, which requires the buckets seats.
Just checked on the configurator, that plus blue paint = A$18,630.00
Which puts the price up around A$220k.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #79
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS
^ +1, you really need to know how to configure a Porsche IMO. Xenon light are standard, the configurator hasn't been fixed yet, and why would you need a Nav or XM radio on a track-oriented car?

Quote:
Why? It's a GT car. The point of a GT car is to have a car you can drive reasonably comfortable during the day and yet track on the weekend. That's why it is available and while many people would choose those options. It's not a dedicated track rat nor is the 1M people are comparing too in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #80
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Why? It's a GT car. The point of a GT car is to have a car you can drive reasonably comfortable during the day and yet track on the weekend. That's why it is available and while many people would choose those options. It's not a dedicated track rat nor is the 1M people are comparing too in this thread.
No contest from me, I always track what I drive daily, but "reasonably" optioned means different things to different people. At the end it is easy to configure Porsche GT car to be price nearly twice as much, but the car does not really need any of it IMO; such as leather, deviated stitching, colored wheel center caps, xenon or led lights, telephone module, etc. They are all nice to haves, but they won't make much difference in the enjoyment.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #81
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post

Exactly,

Read the standard equipment before configuring ANY car.

The PDLS are fairly worthless if you read what they are it is pretty much just washers and motors, as are the PCCB unless you like shelling out 20k to replace your rotors after they crack due to normal wear. I also don't personally see the point in paying 3 grand for stitching on the dashboard and additional alcantara on the doors and dash.

Even with the 4.5k for the seats and 4 grand in random other things like a metallic color and NAV you are still not over 100k.

Last edited by Amnizu; 02-11-2015 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #82
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol, yeah and the leather covered fuse box cover? I mean, those are MUST HAVE.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #83
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

This car is going to be great but I am not going to fight for one like I did with my 1M. It is going to be hard to get your hands on these. Limited Run aka hard to get.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #84
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
This car is going to be great but I am not going to fight for one like I did with my 1M. It is going to be hard to get your hands on these. Limited Run aka hard to get.
It is not a limited run, there is no artificial cap on the number they will produce. They simply are limiting the build time. What this really means is it will allow Porsche to prioritize what gets built by demand and profit margin, just like any other car.

In other words, if you want one get in line and you'll eventually get one they are going to build as many as they can sell.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #85
providence
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35xi, F15 X5 (35d), 1M

Quote:
....I'm in line.
My impression from the Evo interview is that it will be a limited production car much like the 1M was... Didn't he say "... We're not gonna build more than 5-7k of these cars..."
It's waaaay to early to predict, but it would not be surprising if residuals on this thing stay boyant for a while.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #86
Artemis
Rep

About the Cayman GT4 tyres (aquaplaning warning), see also my post in the M2 section:
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=187
      02-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #87
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnizu
Quote:
It is not a limited run, there is no artificial cap on the number they will produce. They simply are limiting the build time. What this really means is it will allow Porsche to prioritize what gets built by demand and profit margin, just like any other car.

In other words, if you want one get in line and you'll eventually get one they are going to build as many as they can sell.
Lol. Until they stop making them and you are in line. Then you realize the production is limited.

Porsche can't make enough Macans right now to keep up with demand.

This car will be much more in demand.

As others have mentioned there is no way that it will be easy to pick one up and likely also difficult to configure your own.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #88
Artemis
Rep

I guess that demand for the GT4 will increase significantly once it's officially presented to the public at the Geneva Motor Show (March 5-15).

Though the GT4 info and ads have been released earlier this month and caught the attention of many petrol heads and car journalists, the vast majority of potential customers are not aware yet of its existence. That will change in approx. three weeks.