BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Klaus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 6mt

Seat Belt /Air bag error questions

I did a search about this topic, but I wasn't able to find the parts and labor for replacing the wiring for the seatbelt tensioner. I have a 2008 135i, sport manual seats in leatherette, no heat. I didn't want to have the dealer charge me an hours labor to diagnose the issue. Has anyone had this done recently? If anyone in the San Diego area has a code scanner, I would be happy to buy you lunch to let me borrow it. Your help is much appreciated.

07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
bitcore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM Manual M2 Comp

I know this is SUPER old, but here's my experience. I have the same seats as you: no heat, black leatherette, manual, sport.
You can:
  1. Replace the entire seat bottom for something like $700 for just the part.
  2. Find a used seat bottom or entire seat assembly in a junkyard/accident car
  3. order a weight sensor mat simulator and seat belt connected sensor simulator.
I went with the last option, I got it off of Ebay, PM me if you want to know the seller (it was best rated seller) - it was around $60, and required no cutting. The seat belt simulator- you unhook the cable and replace the pins in the connector with the simulator with a very small flathead screw driver to release the pins. I did this about a month ago and it worked perfectly. It was worth it.
The seat belt simulator is essentially just a resistor, but the seat mat emulator may actually have some active components in it. I think I remember opening it up and seeing an atmel processor on an actual board.

Last edited by bitcore; 07-24-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0