BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #89
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Hi Dave
Just took delivery of my 1 vert out here in California. I think I need to buy stock in sunscreen:smile:

Anyway, just wondering about discounts on accessories. There seems to be a huge variety of discounting from 10% all the watch to 25%. I have been told by a couple local dealers that the margins are just too tight on parts to give the larger discounts offered at other dealers. Is this something that is more regional? Seems the folks in Georgia are getting some great discounts.

Thank you in advance.
JB
      06-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #90
ltrudell
Rep
Drives:

who's right?

Hey there,

I ordered my 128 on May 1. When I called him last week he said that my car was in production a week ago Friday. When I called the 800 number four days later, they said it would not be going into production in next Monday. Who do I believe???

Thanks for any insight.

Lili
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #91
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Why do alot of BMW sales people act like they are not in sales, and look like they are just hanging out at the country club? I can not understand how anybody in sales could be so standoffish when it comes to making a living.

Unreal.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #92
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrocoupe View Post
Hi Dave
Just took delivery of my 1 vert out here in California. I think I need to buy stock in sunscreen:smile:

Anyway, just wondering about discounts on accessories. There seems to be a huge variety of discounting from 10% all the watch to 25%. I have been told by a couple local dealers that the margins are just too tight on parts to give the larger discounts offered at other dealers. Is this something that is more regional? Seems the folks in Georgia are getting some great discounts.

Thank you in advance.
JB
To be honest, I'm not even sure the true markup in accesories, it greatly varies from item to item. Also of course the price of the option will make a huge difference. My advice? Make & offer, if they are making anything at all, they'll take it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #93
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrudell View Post
Hey there,

I ordered my 128 on May 1. When I called him last week he said that my car was in production a week ago Friday. When I called the 800 number four days later, they said it would not be going into production in next Monday. Who do I believe???

Thanks for any insight.

Lili
If he gave you a vin# then he is right. If he cannot produce one, he's fibbin'.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #94
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 View Post
Why do alot of BMW sales people act like they are not in sales, and look like they are just hanging out at the country club? I can not understand how anybody in sales could be so standoffish when it comes to making a living.

Unreal.
ummm....:iono:
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #95
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

When I dropped my car off in Amsterdam on Thursday, they said I should catch the boat the next day. I asked my CA if he could give me any info as far as a ship. He said once it was assigned a ship I could track it.

I'm wondering if there's any way you can see if I'm on a ship via my vin #. I've tried the tracking information sticky and I can't figure out how to search by VIN. I've read that dealers have special access for tracking.

If not that's fine, just curious.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #96
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
When I dropped my car off in Amsterdam on Thursday, they said I should catch the boat the next day. I asked my CA if he could give me any info as far as a ship. He said once it was assigned a ship I could track it.

I'm wondering if there's any way you can see if I'm on a ship via my vin #. I've tried the tracking information sticky and I can't figure out how to search by VIN. I've read that dealers have special access for tracking.

If not that's fine, just curious.

sorry, I can only see that info if it sold from my dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #97
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
sorry, I can only see that info if it sold from my dealer
Oh ok no problem, I didn't know if it was something for BMW NA or was dealership specific. I guess I'll just have to try to be patient

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #98
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Accessories

Ok, so I ordered some accessories to come with my 135i. I asked my CA to order the parts early enough for them to be there by the time the car gets here. I have to travel to pick up my car and I do not want to make two trips.

Anyways, I wanted to have the accessories rolled into my loan. My dealer emailed me and said that he would prefer if I pay for the parts directly to save myself from mark up on them:iono:

My question is why would it matter if the parts are paid for by my loan or by my own pocket?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon:w00t:
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #99
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post
Ok, so I ordered some accessories to come with my 135i. I asked my CA to order the parts early enough for them to be there by the time the car gets here. I have to travel to pick up my car and I do not want to make two trips.

Anyways, I wanted to have the accessories rolled into my loan. My dealer emailed me and said that he would prefer if I pay for the parts directly to save myself from mark up on them:iono:

My question is why would it matter if the parts are paid for by my loan or by my own pocket?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon:w00t:
well technically you would pay interest on those parts if you roll them, also they would probably roll any labor charges into that as well. So I guess it really doesn't matter, but is simply an issue of if you want to save yourself money over the course of the loan
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #100
reynard082
Rep
Drives:

Hey, I have a question. I'm looking for any kind of information on the rear bumper bike rack. All the BMW website has is a picture and two sentences. I'm looking for any documents for this rack, installation, technical diagrams, anything. Anything you can dig up would be greatly appreciated.

and lastly ... for your 1-series owners who do PCD, when do you schedule your PCD date? When they get the production number? When it leaves Bremerhaven?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #101
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard082 View Post
Hey, I have a question. I'm looking for any kind of information on the rear bumper bike rack. All the BMW website has is a picture and two sentences. I'm looking for any documents for this rack, installation, technical diagrams, anything. Anything you can dig up would be greatly appreciated.

and lastly ... for your 1-series owners who do PCD, when do you schedule your PCD date? When they get the production number? When it leaves Bremerhaven?

Thanks!
Man, I would seriously NOT do the bike rack. I have seen what is looks like installed & it is not pretty. You get a good nice square cut into your bumber, looks awful

I try & schedule my pdc's as soon as possible, in order to secure their day
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #102
reynard082
Rep
Drives:

eeeek! I got the prep work done, hopefully it's not as bad as you said it is.
I'm pretty much looking at a thule rack instead, so i can do the skis as well for the winter.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #103
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
well technically you would pay interest on those parts if you roll them, also they would probably roll any labor charges into that as well. So I guess it really doesn't matter, but is simply an issue of if you want to save yourself money over the course of the loan
Ok, so I got a better explanation from my CA. He meant that there is a mark up on the tint if I want the dealership to take care of it for me. He said that it would be $350 through the dealership and more like $200 if I went to the tint shop myself.

My CA said that he would take my car to the tint shop for me so that I would only have to pay $200. Pretty nice guy but I am pretty sure he just wants to drive my car

Thanks for the help:thumbup:
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #104
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post
Ok, so I got a better explanation from my CA. He meant that there is a mark up on the tint if I want the dealership to take care of it for me. He said that it would be $350 through the dealership and more like $200 if I went to the tint shop myself.

My CA said that he would take my car to the tint shop for me so that I would only have to pay $200. Pretty nice guy but I am pretty sure he just wants to drive my car

Thanks for the help:thumbup:
that make sense, we do the same thing here...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #105
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

OK, I think this thread has reached critical mass! Lookout! Here comes the sticky.
      06-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #106
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
OK, I think this thread has reached critical mass! Lookout! Here come the sticky.
my 1st sticky!:headbang::drinking::roundel:

I would like to take the time to thank all those that have made this sticky possible:

First to all my fans, I love you thanks! My producers, you've kept me going in the right direction (hi mom!)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #107
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
my 1st sticky!:headbang::drinking::roundel:

I would like to take the time to thank all those that have made this sticky possible:

First to all my fans, I love you thanks! My producers, you've kept me going in the right direction (hi mom!)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #108
fmvid
Registered
Rep
Drives:

receive a vin

when do you receive a vin number after the production number
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #109
HockeyGuy89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

FMVID, you should receive your VIN once your car hits the production line. That's when I got mine.

Production Number: 395****
In Production: 05/14/08
Production Completed: 05/21/08
Arrived At Port: 05/23/08
On the Emden: 05/27/08
Arrival at Charleston: 06/09/08
Picking Up: 06/17/08
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #110
brendend
Rep
Drives:

I would like the aggressive body kit, carbon fiber, and the performance exhaust and intake on the car when i pick it up from the dealer. so my question is when i put in a order for a 135i can i have the parts put on when its being built?
Appreciate 0