BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

BMW HPFP extended warranty issue

My friend took his 08' 135i to his dealer for a HPFP repair at 54K miles.. the SA said yeah it looks like HPFP and it will take a day to fix..

Next day, when he got to the dealer to get the car back they told him the bill is around $500. He said BMW extended the HPFP warranty to 10 years/100K miles, the SA said yes but you car had HPFP problem and some other Low pressure fuel pump issue with couple of sensors.

After a long argument with the manger they dropped the bill a little.

My point here is when he told me about this.. I checked my service log for my HPFP fix that i did at 15K and i saw the same stuff.. HPFP + Low pressure fuel pump + sensors (I got to a diffrent dealer)

Any expert info on this?

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash83 View Post
My friend took his 08' 135i to his dealer for a HPFP repair at 54K miles.. the SA said yeah it looks like HPFP and it will take a day to fix..

Next day, when he got to the dealer to get the car back they told him the bill is around $500. He said BMW extended the HPFP warranty to 10 years/100K miles, the SA said yes but you car had HPFP problem and some other Low pressure fuel pump issue with couple of sensors.

After a long argument with the manger they dropped the bill a little.

My point here is when he told me about this.. I checked my service log for my HPFP fix that i did at 15K and i saw the same stuff.. HPFP + Low pressure fuel pump + sensors (I got to a diffrent dealer)

Any expert info on this?
He is correct (the SA ) the warranty is specifically for the High Pressure pump only. TECHNICALLY any additional codes / necessary repairs are the responsibility of the customer..

FWIW.. the low pressure sensor is mounted right next to the High Pressure pump ... so most of the work is already done... maybe an additional .3 tenths of an hour tops.

The low pressure fuel pump in the tank is a whole different beast..

Hopefully he paid for the low press pump and not so much for the sensor.
      11-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

They should not change the low pressure fuel pump. Your dealer lied about the bill and charged you more.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0