BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #23
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

What is the corner delete mod all about?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #24
1sonnyM
Rep
Drives: 1M

Will this cable work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-USB-OB...-/120818069365

Somewhere down the page they mentioned that it will not work for cars made after 2007 and yet the screenshots seem to tell otherwise. What you guys think? Can we plug this in on our 1M ?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #25
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

I read in an other post that euro spec cars have dynamic pulsating third brake light under extreme braking, can we activate this in NA?
      01-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

hi egghie, have you confirmed the mirror memory in keyfob yet? It would be a great option for my stripper...

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Found the Curb Monitor parameters (freebee for those of us with stripper cars):

AUT_SPIEGELVERSTELLUNG
aktiv
SPIEGELABKLAPPEN
aktiv
BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL
nicht_aktiv
MEMORY_SPIEGELABKLAPPEN
aktiv
SPIEGELHEIZUNG
ptc_kl_15
SITZMEMORY_VERBAUT
aktiv
V_VAR_SPERRE_BEIKLAPPEN
wert_01
LL/RL
linkslenker (use rechtslenker if your steering wheel is on the right)
SPIEGELHEIZUNG_VERBAUT
aktiv
ABKLAPPWERT
wert_02

Mirror memory in the key fob (without memory seats) is not yet confirmed, looking into that. TBC

For the AngelEyes there should be some options for those of you who would like to not use them. So far the only confirmed solution is the delete of the individual broken bulb warning: Because of that, if you take out the bulbs, you will not get a warning. TBC

BTW, these coding options are mostly not accessible via the idrive (although there are a few coding options to add menus to the regular user interface). The coding is done by using PC software to change the values of the parameters used by the BMW OEM software for the various micro processors (called xxxx Control modules) in the car. Then loading the changed settings from the computer via the USB port to the cars OBD connector. Query bmw coding if you're interested.

Not that I'm a nerd or anything; the above was told to me by a captian Kirk look-a-like at the last StarTrek convention
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #27
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
hi egghie, have you confirmed the mirror memory in keyfob yet? It would be a great option for my stripper...

Cheers...
It's not looking good, as the mirror memory location where the settings are stored might actually be in the electric seats module, instead of in the more general modules (available in stripper cars). For the next couple of months car is in storage, so i'm not able to progress on this topic. After that I'll post a final findings.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #28
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
What is the corner delete mod all about?
It turns off those orange parking lights at the "corners" of the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #29
PapaZoo
Rep
Drives: E36/7 M Coupe, E30 M3, E30 4dr

Hey guys

i have coded many cars but everytime i try and connect to my BMW 1M it gives me this error.

Name:  1M.png
Views: 2182
Size:  105.0 KB

I have updated V46 and still have this problem. If someone could help me out that would be awesome.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #30
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
hi eeghie, have you confirmed the mirror memory in keyfob yet? It would be a great option for my stripper...

Cheers...
Yes, here we go, Mirror memory in Keyfob is stored in FRM (a module we all have), however this module will only be able to set the mirror if you have an advanced mirror version (in case of the US 1M this only comes with the premium package, this advanced mirror version is connected with a so called LIN bus/cable. The stripper mirror can only be heated).

The good news is that with a retrofit of these advanced mirrors you can get folding, dimming, keyfob memory and curb monitor all at once. This certainly the route I want to go.

One note on the curb monitor, I'm reading that many users consider it not helpful because the tilting is not far enough down to see the curb. For this an additional (not so standard) coding is possible. (see the BMW coding website for details)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #31
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaZoo View Post
Hey guys

i have coded many cars but everytime i try and connect to my BMW 1M it gives me this error.

Attachment 722312

I have updated V46 and still have this problem. If someone could help me out that would be awesome.

Thanks
Try making sure that your setting in the com port properties has the latency timer set at 1 - default setting is 16 and it will cause that error.

Hope this helps. Corner delete looks really good on a 1 series imo.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #32
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

turning the seat belt beep off would make the first three mins of my daily drive alot less beepy lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaZoo View Post
Hey guys

Attachment 722312

Thanks
I seen people get that before and it was because of an incorrect installation. NCS is very sensitive. So try to install it the software and made sure you have a good copy of NCS and EDIABAS. That should fix it.
      07-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #34
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Here's a link to a cable that I and other successfully use. It goes out of stock sometimes but when I copied it they had some:

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/shop/

People ask a lot about cheaper cables and some may work. I would watch out if they do not have a liberal return policy and if they say the same cable will code all bimmers. The older models need a different pin arrangement so the above link includes an adapter. It is a high quality cable but isn't the cheapest you can find.

The error could be because you need to update your software.

You probably have the digital speedometer in your little digital display (as an option along with mpg and other info), I had to add it to my e88. Is your speedometer inaccurate like the analog? If so, this code may fix it, it is in Kombi in mine:

BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR

If you do not care for the warning gong when the temperature gets close to freezing, you may want to change this setting, also in Kombi for me:

CC_TEMPERATURWARNUNG

There is another website dedicated to coding you may want to check out: b m w c o d i n g.com (eliminate the spaces).

Jim
      07-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #35
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep

The general coding process is to connect the cable to your laptop and the OBDII port of your car (drivers side footwell in my e88), run INPA to be sure you have a connection (requires turning the car "on" but not running), then run NCSExpert to do the actual changes. The process is not very logical and involves multiple steps that must be done exactly correctly. Attention to detail is required. It is possible to mess things up and make your car do things you really did not want. If you backup your module first, however, you can always reset to the way you found it. There is a good tutorial that I followed as close as possible the first time (the instruction is to add the digital speedometer which is in a different software module for me) and I follow steps 50 and up when making changes now. It only takes 5 minutes or so to make a change but if you do not follow the steps just right the least thing that will happen is it won't work. If you are good with computers and following instructions you should not have too much difficulty - possibly none.

There's a good thread in the DIY area called "coding success" you may also want to review if you like this subject.

Another thing you can do with the cable and software is to tell your car you put in a new battery. I am not at that point yet but that one thing will pay for your investment in the cable and software.

Jim
      07-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #36
PapaZoo
Rep
Drives: E36/7 M Coupe, E30 M3, E30 4dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
I seen people get that before and it was because of an incorrect installation. NCS is very sensitive. So try to install it the software and made sure you have a good copy of NCS and EDIABAS. That should fix it.
I actually have coded quite a few different cars including:
2009 M3
2008 128 convert
2008 335xi

And i have never had any problems. i updated EDIBAS to 7.2.0 and still no luck. I also reinstalled NCS last night and i still get the same error. I just dont know what else to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #37
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

On two occasions, for an unknown reason, my doors unlocked whilst driving. Nothing coded, so probably a glitch. I don't mind, as long as the airbags do not deploy just for fun.
      07-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #38
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
turning the seat belt beep off would make the first three mins of my daily drive alot less beepy lol.
Buckle the seat belt before taking place on the seat (if you don't mind the seat belt itching your back + taking the risk of driving without seat belt protection).

Familiar situation: the passenger wants to take something from the backseat or help the child out with something, unbuckles and there's the beep. If you want to keep rolling: let the passenger buckle the seat belt again to fool the system. Not safe though.
      07-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #39
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm
I understood the following from above:

Hi, I just got my car on 10/27.

Happy
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #40
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep

PapaZoo,

There is a really long thread on the other website about NCS errors. Did you try searching it for the one you are experiencing. I hate the amount of time it takes to look through those long threads but I've found useful information doing it. Good Luck.

Jim
      04-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #41
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Trouble detecting the 1MDSC module

so far so good on various parameter settings and VO retrofits interior auto dimming mirror $431, Alarm $302 and passenger airbag deactivation switch $470.

However when either reading the 1MDSC module or when coding the whole car, I get an error saying ".. Cannot communicate with 1MDSC module..."

Can someone who has either successfully interfaced with the 1MDSC module specifically or who has no errors when coding the whole car please reply with their SGdaten, EDIABAS version and cable details?

THX!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #42
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
so far so good on various parameter settings and VO retrofits interior auto dimming mirror $431, Alarm $302 and passenger airbag deactivation switch $470.

However when either reading the 1MDSC module or when coding the whole car, I get an error saying ".. Cannot communicate with 1MDSC module..."

Can someone who has either successfully interfaced with the 1MDSC module specifically or who has no errors when coding the whole car please reply with their SGdaten, EDIABAS version and cable details?

THX!
Figured it out, thx to gracious help from Mike Benvo@BPMSPORT.com; V46.3 Daten work fine with the M1DSC module, my problem was that to code this particular module, the ignition has to be on!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #43
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Figured it out, thx to gracious help from Mike Benvo@BPMSPORT.com; V46.3 Daten work fine with the M1DSC module, my problem was that to code this particular module, the ignition has to be on!
Can you read and post your 1MDSC .TRC file?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #44
Nagata-San
Homyseed
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 1M AW

Installed RECARO PP, have the passenger seat code + airbag code.

Any coding way ?
Team Homyseed
Appreciate 0