BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #23
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony22b View Post
had a look under the bonnet today and there is not a lot of space to see or identify what coolers are what, too difficult to see what pipes feed what, but there appears to be a rad, a cooler for the aircon, two intercoolers ! and on top of the large intercooler that sits in front of the rad and aircon cooler there is a 3 inch wide cooler and id guess this is indeed the oil cooler ..... :wink:
There should be a slatted piece of plastic cowling in the front passenger side fenderwell indicating an auxilliary oil cooler. (The slats are for airflow guess.) With the sport package you're car definitely should have it.

Nice choice on the color. That's that one I'm gettin!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #24
tony22b
Rep
Drives:

its on the driver side in the UK, lol but to be honest this looks more like a secondary intercoooler, there is a third or appears to be ! a black cooler in front of the air-con cooler above what id guess would be the main intercooler, its about 3 inch's wide and spans the middle of the bumper, its much smaller in width and diameter to the other coolers, but is in the direct path of the airflow, car runs cool and takes time to get to temp but hey its winter in the uk , on the downside paint does appear soft and is gaining scratchs at a alarming rate,
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #25
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
had a look under the bonnet today and there is not a lot of space to see or identify what coolers are what, too difficult to see what pipes feed what, but there appears to be a rad, a cooler for the aircon, two intercoolers ! and on top of the large intercooler that sits in front of the rad and aircon cooler there is a 3 inch wide cooler and id guess this is indeed the oil cooler ..... :wink:
Gotcha, thanks for checking!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #26
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
on the downside paint does appear soft and is gaining scratchs at a alarming rate,
Softer than usual BMW paint quality?
      01-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #27
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Quote:

all good cars in thier own right's but the 135 suits me the most, fits in perfect with my lifestyle, i love the squatness, and after the z4m coupe, its is so pratical, amazing how much xmaz presents you can get in the boot, picked up the car 30 november, yet to see another on the roads in the uk,

Nice rides Tony......question I love the steering wheel in the M Coupe just the right thickness. How does the steering wheel in the 135 compare?
      01-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #28
tony22b
Rep
Drives:

to be honest not really noticed a big difference, its fairly meaty so you wont be dissapointed
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #29
kjs862
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Tony, could you rank the three cars in term on handling please?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #30
tony22b
Rep
Drives:

on uk roads and , which are pretty crappy to say the least, with broken surface's, cambers and roundabouts and the lovely british weather, (they are the fun bits, good for getting sideways) for overall comfort and ride quality, braking and for getting from a2b as quickly as possible, the 135i wins hands down, the z4m second and surprisingly the m3 last, was never happy with the m3's handling at speed on our roads, especially its braking !!! i look forward for software upgrade and getting shot of the runflats, with a suspension mod's, for me the 135 will be perfect,
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #31
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

what are your suspension plans at this point? just sway bars?
Appreciate 0