BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #23
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Lexoi, really sorry to see this mate. I agree with amk2910, it'd really push for replacement. Most insurers have 2 to 3 year replacement. Call & shout!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #24
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Lexoi, really sorry to see this mate. I agree with amk2910, push for a replacement. Most insurers have the 2 to 3 year replacement. Call & shout!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #25
black135
Private
Rep
Drives:

That's gut wrenching. I happened to pick my car up from the panel shop on tuesday for unrelated natural disaster on a smaller scale, the panel shop had 50 quotes already on the first day. There was a porsche 996 in their yard, the whole car has to be re-sprayed similar to yours.

Negotiate for new panels wherever you can. Maybe consider sending it over east, you may get in quicker.
      03-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #26
lexoi
Rep
Drives: bmw 1 series

i was p@#$ing myself when i looked outside at the hail storm.. i knew it was gonna be bad.

Believe me, i'd be pushing hard for a write off, but i think to be honest, it's gonna be close. not one single panel was spared. I couldn't imagine it costing more than 40k to fix tho. the rear quarter is attached to the car right? they would have to bang out all the dents?

Some how, i wished that the windscreen or sunroof had broken and the car filled up with water. At least i get choice of repairer. going to go with mirage... but they're gonna be booked out till the next century prob.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #27
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s747 View Post
well we were down at cottesloe beach at 2pm, nice 33 degrees and sunny....

my car's fine but mum's got hammered, 2 windows smashed and hundreds of dents, she was 5 mins from home.
Same,we were at hillarys boat harbour,nice and sunny,but there were some strange clouds around,i said to my wife something was coming(working outside for 20 years you can feel these things sometimes)and we should head home,got the 1er in the garage by 3.30pm and the storm came over our house at 4pm,so that was close.

Damage to the house included ripped shade sails,broken tiles,dented gutters and some leaks because the gutters and downpipes were full of golf ball size hail stones.

Lexoi,sorry to see that,not good,would have to be a write off i think,about every second car in my area has damage like that,crazy weather.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #28
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

I was fortunate - our cars were in the garage whilst we were at work.

About half the people on our project didn't come into work as their cars had been severely damaged.

I'm sorry to hear about the damage caused to forumite's cars.
2010 BMW 123d Coupe - Sapphire Black, Lemon Leather, Walnut Trim, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Professional Hi-Fi, CD Stacker, Professional Navigation, Heated Seats, Front & Rear PDC, BMW 18" Performance Wheels.
Appreciate 0