BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
bung206
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i MSPORT

Exclamation E82 135i Questions

Hi All,

Just picked up a 135i msport recently. Enjoying the car so far but I can't quite figure out a few things. The car is a Japanese import 2011 E82 Coupe, build date 2010-10.
  1. Voice Commands
    The voice commands button on the steering wheel does nothing. According to the manual, I'm supposed to see a voice command icon in the control display at the top left corner - I don't see that either. I already looked this up and read that it only works if the language is set to English. I confirmed mine is set to "English UK" - the only 3 options I've got is "English UK", "French" and "Spanish".
  2. Control Display Brightness
    The display is too dim during the day and too bright at night. I'm forever adjusting the brightness manually. At night when I'm driving I like the cabin very dark. Why doesn't it automagically dim? Is there a configurable setting somewhere that can be changed? Similarly, is it possible to get the it to switch the map to night mode after dark? In this case, when I say "day" I mean "headlights off" and night is "headlights on" (the car is fitted with auto headlights).
  3. Album Art display over Bluetooth
    The car has a CIC i-Drive system with navigation. I can stream music from my phone and it shows me the artist, album, track name but there is no album art. Not a big deal but how do I get my album art to show up?
  4. Software Updates
    Since the car is a Japanese import which originally had Japanese language/Japanese maps etc which has since been switched to English by the car yard that I got it from. Is it safe to update the software in the car to the latest versions? I don't want to inadvertently replace the "factory standard" settings which may change everything to Japanese?

Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited by bung206; 06-10-2018 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0