E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Proof That Some Benz Drivers Are Insecure

12-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #23
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
mmm, milf, she probably thought you were trying to catch her to tap that j/k

Hey if I could catch up to it, I would have given it a shot.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #24
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
He was just toying with you, but I'm glad you didn't give him the satisfaction of a race.
      12-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #25
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
ok, so I was out cruising yesterday in my E90 and I notice this black Mercedes driving at normal speed in my rear-view mirror - at first I thought it was a standard E-class but once we are the light, it turned out it was an E55 AMG.

Anyways, so we get on to this double-lane stretch of road and I was going pretty fast, not trying to race or anything, but once I passed him, he revs his car and floors it. WTF! He was weaving in and out of the lanes like an idiot, and was pretty much gone soon thereafter.

Did he get smoked by an M5 or something that he felt the need to prove something? I don't know, maybe he was insecure about BMW's in general, otherwise why would you have the need to try and challenge a car that is obviously no match for you.

He knew pretty well what car that you were driving. He probably could not be sure whether you are a M3 or a BMW with hell know what mods is down there. He wasn't really trying to show off his 476hp from his V8 AMG (or it could even be kleemanized to 560hp already). He is an experienced street racer, he knows very well that under jam traffic, he could lose easily to a Civic. You must be driving pretty fast and he probably would not want to be mistaken as you might want to race him! So that was just his normal alert reactions and believe me, we (AMG owner) all drive crazy some times.
Sorry, you really need to consider going for an M3 later, AMG drivers just so love to see the tears bursting out from the bimmers.
If you were driving his car, you will do the same.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #26
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
He was just toying with you, but I'm glad you didn't give him the satisfaction of a race.
Thanks, I don't know how to really race and all that stuff anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #27
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
Well..... since it is Holiday season. I guess I would not judge him as an a..hole for just one occassion. May be he had a bad day that he have to vent, or may be he was bored and wanted to have so fun. I am sure we all have done dumb thing that we would like to forget.

Cheers.
Definitely a possibility and I agree.

let me rephrase. "+1 for an asshole(at the time)".

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #28
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
He knew pretty well what car that you were driving. He probably could not be sure whether you are a M3 or a BMW with hell know what mods is down there. He wasn't really trying to show off his 476hp from his V8 AMG (or it could even be kleemanized to 560hp already). He is an experienced street racer, he knows very well that under jam traffic, he could lose easily to a Civic. You must be driving pretty fast and he probably would not want to be mistaken as you might want to race him! So that was just his normal alert reactions and believe me, we (AMG owner) all drive crazy some times.
Sorry, you really need to consider going for an M3 later, AMG drivers just so love to see the tears bursting out from the bimmers.
How could he confuse my car for an M3? My car isn't de-badged - it says 325i in big block letters. I was going fast and did pass him, but I didn't floor it - what was I supposed to do, trail him at a distance until he left?

Anyways, I thought the whole thing was pretty comical actually. ooooo, wow, he smoked a 3-series! He sure showed me!! I learned my lesson - I will never again have the audacity to pass a car of such calibre, for fear that they might think I'm challenging them. People will do anything for kicks. I just laughed to myself after he did that.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #29
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
really need to consider going for an M3 later, AMG drivers just so love to see the tears bursting out from the bimmers.
Just wanted to add one more thing. btw, if the roles were reversed I would be secure enough in the abilities of my car that I wouldn't need to "show" someone up, unless it was a fair match-up. You don't see me going around racing Nissan Sentras...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #30
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How could he confuse my car for an M3? My car isn't de-badged - it says 325i in big block letters. I was going fast and did pass him, but I didn't floor it - what was I supposed to do, trail him at a distance until he left?

Anyways, I thought the whole thing was pretty comical actually. ooooo, wow, he smoked a 3-series! He sure showed me!! I learned my lesson - I will never again have the audacity to pass a car of such calibre, for fear that they might think I'm challenging them. People will do anything for kicks. I just laughed to myself after he did that.

BMW786

I am not sure if you are aware this. Whe we drive at a speed much faster than most of the cars on the road, all the cars surrounding will be looked like 'still' and 'frozen'. So, because you were faster than the other cars, so you were the only one to draw the E55 attention!
So you were the one 'started' though I know you were not intending to race with the Benz.

I am a AMG driver (smaller engine) and , most of time being faster than most cars on the road. So, at times, I will be anticipating some kinds of mild competitions and it is better if it is someone makes the move first for obviously reason.

Most of the time it is hard to distingush a tuner large wheels 320/325/330 from M3 unless the M3 special color shows up or I can see the side air outlets. And as you may be right, he might know you are a 325i.

Trust me, 325/330 might be slow in 0-100, but BMW drivers have always giving others the impression they like to race or drive fast.
And under jammed roads, a 2 seconds faster, a better top speed, a better 0-100 AMG will be just like a normal car, especially if the car is being blocked by other cars.

The E55 is not all 'wrong' because what if , if you really raced him and took a short cut first and he gets blocked by the traffic? Under jam traffic, every chance to get into a space is critical even you have a fast car. So, the E55 was pretty wise , and he surely dont want to lose face to a 325i.

Since I was not the one witness how crazy the Benz was, I am sure you are the only one could feel whether the E55 driver was indeed crazy or not.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #31
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just wanted to add one more thing. btw, if the roles were reversed I would be secure enough in the abilities of my car that I wouldn't need to "show" someone up, unless it was a fair match-up. You don't see me going around racing Nissan Sentras...

This is true until one day a Sentra smoked you in a jam road.
This kind of thing happens very often in our jammed traffic city
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #32
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

May be it is just me. This post becames pointless since the E55 AMG driver is not here to explain himself and the whole encounter was probably less than a minute. How much can we make out of this?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #33
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
yes it must be that that his just an asshole and thats it
      12-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #34
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
May be it is just me. This post becames pointless since the E55 AMG driver is not here to explain himself and the whole encounter was probably less than a minute. How much can we make out of this?
Right. The moral of the story is , it is always the naughty monkey that annoyed the tiger. Have you heard that when a tiger hunts his food, he always use full power regardless it was a rabbit or a bull.
Have we all not learned , don't fck with the fcker?
just joking
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #35
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BMW786

I am not sure if you are aware this. Whe we drive at a speed much faster than most of the cars on the road, all the cars surrounding will be looked like 'still' and 'frozen'. So, because you were faster than the other cars, so you were the only one to draw the E55 attention!
So you were the one 'started' though I know you were not intending to race with the Benz.

I am a AMG driver (smaller engine) and , most of time being faster than most cars on the road. So, at times, I will be anticipating some kinds of mild competitions and it is better if it is someone makes the move first for obviously reason.

Most of the time it is hard to distingush a tuner large wheels 320/325/330 from M3 unless the M3 special color shows up or I can see the side air outlets. And as you may be right, he might know you are a 325i.

Trust me, 325/330 might be slow in 0-100, but BMW drivers have always giving others the impression they like to race or drive fast.
And under jammed roads, a 2 seconds faster, a better top speed, a better 0-100 AMG will be just like a normal car, especially if the car is being blocked by other cars.

The E55 is not all 'wrong' because what if , if you really raced him and took a short cut first and he gets blocked by the traffic? Under jam traffic, every chance to get into a space is critical even you have a fast car. So, the E55 was pretty wise , and he surely dont want to lose face to a 325i.

Since I was not the one witness how crazy the Benz was, I am sure you are the only one could feel whether the E55 driver was indeed crazy or not.
what "other" cars? There was only one other car ahead of us, a Camry. and anyways, if he was not in the "wrong" for racing he was still a jerk for the way he was driving, cutting people off and stuff.

Disclaimer: I was not trying to equate the E90 to the Nissan Sentra. That was just a random example I was using.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #36
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Right. The moral of the story is , it is always the naughty monkey that annoyed the tiger. Have you heard that when a tiger hunts his food, he always use full power regardless it was a rabbit or a bull.
just joking
I'm confused. In this case who was the funky monkey and who was the tiger? What annoyed what? And was the monkey a rabbit or a bull?
      12-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #37
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
just joking
whatever...I think you are defending this guy not b/c you think he was right but b/c you are an AMG driver yourself. oh, so you admit he was a fcker? See, now you are making sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #38
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm confused. In this case who was the funky monkey and who was the tiger? What annoyed what? And was the monkey a rabbit or a bull?
I think he has so many animals thrown in there I'm not sure he knows himself.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #39
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
BMW786, I'm in South Bay too. You're not the one I ran into at Jamba Juice (Torrance Crossroads) a few weeks ago, are you?
      12-29-2005, 08:29 PM   #40
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BMW786, I'm in South Bay too. You're not the one I ran into at Jamba Juice (Torrance Crossroads) a few weeks ago, are you?
hey ks,
Nice to know there is a fellow South Bayer here. hmm...that probably wasn't me - haven't been to Jamba Juice in a while cuz of the cold weather we've been having. That place is good though.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:37 PM   #41
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Apparently to the extent that we are being compared to "naughty monkeys" and zoo animals. Agreed though, I'm over this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #42
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

anyone here going to the meet NorCal meet??? I would love to see a bunch of E90s travelling together. Such a sweet sight.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2005, 09:45 PM   #43
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
whatever...I think you are defending this guy not b/c you think he was right but b/c you are an AMG driver yourself. oh, so you admit he was a fcker? See, now you are making sense.
BMW786, as you explained there were only a few cars there, that also makes a bit sense now. So, the highway was pretty boring and how nice to the tiger when he saw a rabbit was running Yes, I am clear , he deliberately cut you off. Sure, he is a sure fcker to you.

I never driven a E55, my C55 is still 100hp less than E55 and not too surprise, half fuel pedal on the E55 will give 140-200km/h in less than 2 seconds.

We have many E55/CLS55 in HK, and most of them I met are pretty gentlemen, so I would not draw the conclusion too quickly all E55 drivers are fckers.

Benz AMGs are well-known to be 'tiger wearing the gentlemen suit'! I am afraid, BMW drivers are bounded to be challeneged and will meet more and more these sort of cruel "killings". The M3 is too big its name; and if you ever surf the AMG forums, then you will understand how much the AMG owners love to kill a M3 and post their M3 kill stories. The E55 driver you met must be pretty disappointed when he found that you were a 325i. The AMGs are getting too big, even the M3 V8 will need tuner such as Rinntech to make out 500hp+.

I am pretty excited to be the nice rabbit when I get my E90. Have a nice day.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 01:36 AM   #44
NaTuReB0Y