BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #45
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

I wouldn't pay a dime over $25k.
You can get better cars for that money under salvage title.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #46
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

But it won't be a 1M
      07-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #47
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
I wouldn't pay a dime over $25k.
You can get better cars for that money under salvage title.
Agreed. The 1M is way over valued.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #48
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Agreed. The 1M is way over valued.
Hoo boy. That is bound to draw some emotional responses on this board. I'll kick it off:

And M3s are dime-a-dozen chopped liver. Hah!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #49
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
Hoo boy. That is bound to draw some emotional responses on this board. I'll kick it off:

And M3s are dime-a-dozen chopped liver. Hah!
Agreed and agreed. BUT the brand new price was ok considering its such an amazing car. Heck I want one but the used prices are over inflated everywhere! Even in the Gulf where the prices drop easily. One day I would love to get a black one if the prices drop.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #50
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
BUT the brand new price was ok considering its such an amazing car.
My tongue in cheek comment aside, I had to talk to myself pretty hard to pay the brand new price. It was my wife who finally convinced me to go ahead and write the check. It was a pleasant post-purchase surprise to see the car not only not depreciate, but to actually appreciate in value.

I guess whether something is over valued is in the eyes of the beholder. I know that, at present prices, I surely will not sell my 1M. It would take a pretty substantial offer over what I paid to even tempt me.

Thank you for taking my earlier post in the spirit it was made - in jest. I have an E36 M3 that is nowhere near unique or rare, except to me (well, it is a little loud, I guess). Even so, someone would have to offer me way more than it is worth to get it away from me.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #51
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Agreed and agreed. BUT the brand new price was ok considering its such an amazing car. Heck I want one but the used prices are over inflated everywhere! Even in the Gulf where the prices drop easily. One day I would love to get a black one if the prices drop.
White is on the top of my list if prices drop to a reasonable level in like 3-5years. Should still be a classic then.

Depends what the GT-R sells at then too though. If its within 10k or so id have a hard time justifying not getting the GT-R
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #52
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
My tongue in cheek comment aside, I had to talk to myself pretty hard to pay the brand new price. It was my wife who finally convinced me to go ahead and write the check. It was a pleasant post-purchase surprise to see the car not only not depreciate, but to actually appreciate in value.

I guess whether something is over valued is in the eyes of the beholder. I know that, at present prices, I surely will not sell my 1M. It would take a pretty substantial offer over what I paid to even tempt me.

Thank you for taking my earlier post in the spirit it was made - in jest. I have an E36 M3 that is nowhere near unique or rare, except to me (well, it is a little loud, I guess). Even so, someone would have to offer me way more than it is worth to get it away from me.
Oh I completely agree with you. I wouldn't buy a CSL just because of all the work and love i have put into my E46 M3 plus it was always my dream so im not gonna sell it ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
White is on the top of my list if prices drop to a reasonable level in like 3-5years. Should still be a classic then.

Depends what the GT-R sells at then too though. If its within 10k or so id have a hard time justifying not getting the GT-R
I agree, i would take a GTR the way things are going but every time i see a 1M my heart beats so fast and my knees go jelly. LOL. Man its so sexy, the curves remind me of the reason i fell in love with the E46 M3.

On another note check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...orcev4exp=true

Only if i could i would buy this right now and start a full modded keeper resto project.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #53
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

It goes up for auction on the 22nd of this month. Looks like this is the 4th or 5th time they've tried to run it thru with no luck. As I've said before Glassoman tried to sell it for a buy it now of $40k and came up short ($32.5k both times). The only winner here is the auction house (Copart) who keeps making money on running the car thru even without a sale occurring. It also has the salvage title as "pending", so it may still be in the insurance company's name, or Glassoman, or the current dealer, who knows. It will probably have to be inspected by the NY DMV before it can be re-titled as "rebuilt" to the new owner as well.
Appreciate 0