BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-03-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
Captainrob
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Double Din Janus Parrot Asteroid Smart install

I just finished this install today. I have pics on my phone, but this forum doesn't work with Tapatalk?

Anyhow, as the only other member on here said, This is not for the faint of heart. It literally took me over a day to do the complete install. I actually still have yet to nicely run the gps and microphone to their final locations. I'm leaving on a road trip tomorrow though and I've been at this stereo for over a day making sure that I got it right.

I installed:
Parrot Asteroid Smart
Janus Dual Din fascia
Scothe SLC4 Line Converter
BMRC-01 (keeps the gongs and factory bs)
ASWC-1 (keeps steering wheel controls)
Axxess AX-SWC-PARROT (adapter harness for steering wheel controls)

I'm going by memory here so I might have mispelled some of the above items.

So none of this is specific to the parrot as far as I know except for the last piece mentioned. I still have a little fine tuning to do with the unit mounting because you can see a tiny bit of gap at the top of the unit on the sides between it and the janus bezel. I plan on rooting the janus as I've read about, but I'm really happy with it in the few hours that I've messed with it. The sound is FAR better than the factory head unit.

I did not relocate the factory head unit. I already had a SOS failure warning and a ticking static so I was happy to get rid of the factory head unit. Now no more ticket and I could care less about the sos. Car was that way from PO.

I'll be on a road trip, but if anyone has any questions lmk and I'll answer when I can. I usually only get on to try and find a good deal on a cat-back exhaust, intake, or JB4, but I'll check more often. I'm heading into CA from Vegas and just driving around... Maybe visiting Winchester house, Yosemite, Hearst Castle, Redwoods, etc.

I hope the items above help some people out plus any answers I can give. I've installed several stereos in the past, but this was leaps and bounds above anything I've ever done. The cutting up the dash takes some balls or a carefree attitude. And the wiring is a freaking rats nest.

I'll post up pics if I can figure it out. Tapatalk is what I normally use.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
I have a question about the wiring harness I ordered the a-3 discount harness with the gong and steering wheel controls box, on that adapter there are two connectors ones is brown the othe black, one pin has two blue wires coming from asignle pin, what are they for?
Appreciate 0