BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
aaronrem
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

Exclamation Post Depo Headlight Install Problems - Help Please!

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I've been reading threads off here for the last few months before I finally decided to go ahead and install a pair of Depo V2 Headlights into my 128 this weekend. Unfortunately there have been quite a few problems following the install that I was hoping you smart people might be able to help me solve!

So I installed the headlights with their stock 6k bulbs and ballast. After I finished installing them I'm pretty sure I started getting a low beam warning on my dash right away, however I was just so ecstatic that I had angel eyes (and also that I had gotten that damn bumper off AND on without scratching it) that I didn't notice it right away. Unfortunately, when I went for a drive I noticed my low beams didn't work and that's when I started noticing the error.

Since then, I had about 3 minutes when my low beams kicked in and started working, but that's about it. Along with that though, of the two angel eyes on the driver side, 1 of the rings stopped working. On top of all of that, my driver side turn signal stays on perpetually (even when no key is in and the car is off). After some research I think the problem for that is the Lighting Control Module is burned out, but if you have a better suggestion I'd be happy to hear it.

Sorry about the long post, so in summary:
- brand new Depo V2 Headlights
- installed 3 days ago, driven for about 30 min
- 4 Rings worked at first, only 3 work now
- Low beams gave off error from beginning, don't give error now but also don't work (worked for short period, and they were beautiful while they did)
- Turn indicator trying its best to drain my battery, had to unplug entire headlight to stop it.

If anyone could provide any suggestions or fixes on any and or all of these problems I'd be very grateful!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

The Depo's are Halogen or Xenon ?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Are those headlights supposed to be plug and play for your car?

Put your stock units back in and see if they work. If they do, send the depos back and possibly try another set.
      06-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #4
aaronrem
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

The Depos are xenon. My stock headlights are halogen, but it is supposed to be direct plug and play since they are designed for the 1 series and the have all the proper ballasts and error cancellers needed.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
c1486888
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

I've also bought a used set of depo v2 xenon and it's just simply plug and play without any problems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0