BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #45
GClark91
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 SB 118d

Z3 guy got half the group lost because he couldn't keep up.

And because we had no idea which way we were going just had to follow. Pretty frustrating
      05-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Yeah he was behind me most of the trip, I tried slowing down so he could see me, but then I would have lost the group in front of me!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #47
GClark91
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

By the end I was just ready to turn around and head home. I didn't hang around for long. But it was great to meet you all, and i will be keeping my eyes open for the 1ers photo session
      05-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #48
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Yeah... Parts of it were pretty cool. Overall I had a good time. Much better roads than the last couple of Club Runs I've been on...

I noticed you leaving Rich, figured you had to pick up Jess at a specific time...

One of the guys at the end gave a speech about how some people could benefit from going to the "Introduction to Track Driving" day.

I think that speech could have been better used to point out that people need to be realistic about what speed they are actually going to drive and move to the back rather than everyone going "I'm a racedriver!" and then holding everyone else up...

PS: What happened to Nik?
      05-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #49
GClark91
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Yeah... Parts of it were pretty cool. Overall I had a good time. Much better roads than the last couple of Club Runs I've been on...

I noticed you leaving Rich, figured you had to pick up Jess at a specific time...

One of the guys at the end gave a speech about how some people could benefit from going to the "Introduction to Track Driving" day.

I think that speech could have been better used to point out that people need to be realistic about what speed they are actually going to drive and move to the back rather than everyone going "I'm a racedriver!" and then holding everyone else up...

PS: What happened to Nik?
I had fun as well, it was good to be able to give my car (all be it not a very fast car) a bit of a run.

Don't want to sound critical or anything, but it might have been a good idea to provide a bit of a "route outline" before leaving in the event that the group did break up.

Maybe a misfire in 8?
      05-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #50
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Reading your responses reminded me of this video (watch with captions on)...

hahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #51
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: f32

Yeh, I was part of the group that got lost , put my nav to "take me home mofo" and left early. I got the same CEL again half way through Misfire cylinder 6 , I have bought a new coil for that cylinder, i have done the plugs already so it must be a bloody coil.
Appreciate 0