BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #23
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Thanks Andrew.

Are all 135is welded? Would you be able to pm me with all the details needed to get up and running ie

1. cost of Quaife LSD incl posting
2. Fitting in Brisbane incl details of the fitter

If exact figures cant be determined then an approximation would be much appreciated.
The 135i Manual cars have a welded crownwheel and require machining of this to be able to accept the quaife centre. The 135i Automatic cars have bolted crownwheels and this makes the quiafe LSD conversion a lot easier. This is the same as 335i's.

I have just completed a 135i manual welded crownwheel conversion and it is being installed this week. I completed a 335i Auto last week.

I currently have one quaife LSD available for a 135i Auto. This is the actual quaife unit only. If interested, in Melbourne i can install it into your diff housing and install it. If you are in NSW i can send it to a workshop who can do the quaife conversion and installs. If you are in SA or QLD i can offer install services but need to work out a quaife conversion or talk the shop through it.

The quiafe i have currently available also fits 130i's man and auto, E9x 325i,330i 335i Auto's. I just need your Vin to determine exactly.

The cost of the Quaife only is $2500. You would expect the total installed price to be $3300 including conversion to your diff housing, syn oil and labour.

Let me know if anyone is interested
Appreciate 0