03-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
Pablito1702
Pablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
7" unit may be an overkill for the street driven 1M anyway. You will notice more throttle lag with or without a tune. The "M" button does help get some of the throttle reponse back though. Smaller units, like the 5" from ETS will keep the throttle lag to a mimimum and still give good performance to just over 400 WHP, which is really good and reliable.
Harold, assuming a mild tune on a 135i (not 1M) what intercooler, in your opinion, has the least impact on throttle lag? I would rather stick with the stock intercooler rather than experience decreased throttle response.
      03-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito1702 View Post
Harold, assuming a mild tune on a 135i (not 1M) what intercooler, in your opinion, has the least impact on throttle lag? I would rather stick with the stock intercooler rather than experience decreased throttle response.
I've got the HPF and there is no increased lag, only lower IATs.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito1702 View Post
In my opinion if all you do is daily drive, live in a mild climate area, like to do one good pull on a freeway ramp and don't ever go the the race track, the stock FMIC is not bad. With hotter climate, multiple pulls and track days, you will need an IC for sure. ETS 5" has my vote for the least amount of throttle lag. The non Ms don't have the "M" button to help with throttle lag so be careful with larger ICs.
Appreciate 0